_result Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 A New E30

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris Cope Posted - 22 March 2005 : 10:14:34 AM
Recently in the company with the boys from the E26 "Hagar" we flew to Geelong, Victoria & inspected an E30 which hwas for sale there. Rod Childs, Andrew Eaton & Ian Taylor along with myself found the boat to be in fair to good condition & over the next week we negotiated a price for the "Buccaneer". She is a Mark 1 E30 with the deck recessed as opposed to the flush decked Mark 2s'. She will be shipped up by road next week & will go to the Quays for a bit of TLC. The boat will be renamed the "Hagar 3" & the E26, Hagar 2 will be offered for sale. With four owners to split the costs, we intend to bring her up to offshore racing catagory as well as enjoy cruising with our families.
We antisipate being compedetive at the October 40 year Aniverery Regatta later this year.
Chris Cope
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris Cope Posted - 18 January 2018 : 08:01:00 AM
We came away from last weeks Nationals Regatta with some interesting results. Basically just about everything worked satisfactorily and the six man crew also worked. Only the Kite-Pole system was a worry with the pole being stowed on the deck resulting in some tangles with the jib sheets as well as the Topper and Kicker lines. I would like to go back to a lighter pole stowed on the boom keeping the fore-deck clean and uncluttered. The problem with this system is that the pole can hit the skippers head in the go-a bouts. A minor price to pay and it might do him a power of good don't-we-know?
The old No3 jib is remarkable, in that it was old 13 years ago when we got the boat and still makes the boat go well in a breeze.
Oh and we lost one of our winch handles. So I will buy two new ones this week.
We may be looking at cheap Chinese made jibs for next year with one of our Club members having purchased a number of very cheap Dacron sails which are very good.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 06 September 2017 : 04:16:51 AM
Last Sunday saw our final Winter Series of Races at North Harbour Sailing Club. There were ten competitors and three DNS's. It was am excellent race with the two Div.2 boats cleaning up the Div.1 boats. The courses need to be reviewed for next year.
The Club is firing well and we are hoping for an increase in racing numbers for the coming season which starts at the end of this month of September. The main concern of the Club's board members for this season will be the installation of a new first time No2 WC. We are looking at a system which incinerates the Number 2's. But will white mice burn
The Hagar is looking good which is more than can be said for the crew. Both Andy and Ian are missing in action. While Rod & myself are unchanged & I am the only one of us still working.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 25 July 2017 : 08:44:34 AM
The Hagar has never looked better with all the top-sides having been sanded, undercoated and finished with Gloss & Non-skid. Lots of small jobs have also been finished and she is ready to race. We will put in another dive to give the bottom a scrub before the final two Winter Races.

Last Sunday saw a big roll-up of members, mainly the sailors for the annual Club Working Bee. We achieved a lot and all of the allotted jobs were completed. Unfortunately because of the big ground swell we could not get under the club to do some maintenance to the piers.

There is keen interest in next seasons racing which will be upon us in a matter of weeks. We may have at least one new boat, possibly the old E26, Hagar II, and there is interest form people with boats in the bay to race with us. We currently have a membership of 88 which is the biggest ever!

Chris Cope
Chris Cope Posted - 12 July 2017 : 03:50:07 AM
Yesterday afternoon I went down to North Harbour Sailing Club and found Rod & Ian just finishing off the upper deck painting of the Hagar and she is looking really good. The non-skid areas are a light grey colour and the smooth areas are white gloss. It is not a perfect job and needs an additional coat on the white areas. But overall she looks clean and smart. We now have to think about painting the above water-line sides but that is for another time. What has greatly helped is that now the other three owners are all retired and have the time to "play" on the boat.
The boat will be going up on the hard stand in Late August or early September to be anti-fouled. We are still racing our winter series every last Sunday per month and the attendance has been really good.

North Harbour has had the best racing season this past twelve month since we started racing yachts with 14 craft registered and seeing 12 regular starters. Rod & I did some research and found that we are the cheapest yacht club to be a member of and race from on Sydney Harbour.

We currently offer summer races every second Sunday as well as a twilighter series on Thursdays and the winter series. Other Clubs in our area a beginning to take notice and are becoming nervous. We are now seriously looking at building a wharf in front of the Club. Our yearly working-bee is in two weeks time and should see a big turn-out of busy members.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 06 March 2017 : 01:26:12 AM
There was no racing this weekend for the Hagar with Rod & myself doing some maintenance with the Hagar tied up alongside the Davis Marina. We found the weather coming and going all afternoon and we erected our boom cover. We pulled out the big jib which had been thrown below on Thursday night and re-packed it, then I repacked a big kite. We drilled out the port and then the starboard traveler cleat's and re-fixed them so that they would no longer swing about as this has been giving some grief to the skipper.
We then checked the rig tension as well as exchanged a hand-full of rope ties for the halliard ends.
We also noted that the boat is badly in need of a wipe over which we will do before the next Sunday race. We then packed up and returned the Hagar to her mooring.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 16 February 2017 : 04:30:26 AM
There is not a lot of news from the Hagar these days. We were pleased with our results at the recent Drummoyne Nationals. We had made a lot of alterations to the Hagar before the regatta which included placing a water filled bladder in the bow which we believe have helped out fore & aft trim. We also went back to the old longer kite pole which although is stowed on the deck, which I do not like, it has helped with the set of the big kite, filling and staying filled much better and not collapsing in the center as with the shorter kite pole. All of the crew with the exception of the skipper Rod would prefer to sail with a crew of five while Rod prefers four. The racing sails which we procured from Gosford some years ago are still in good order but we could use a new number three blade. The good Kevlar number three is blown out and NBG.
Rod & I agree that we need more cockpit bags for the loose halliard & jib sheets and Rod will have ordered them this week.
The new 20 HP Volvo Diesel is going very well and we are pleased with it's performance which makes the boat drive into seas and heavy winds really well.
The only major job remaining is the re-painting of the decks. This should be completed before the 2017/2018 season and we will also be looking at painting the sides.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 24 January 2017 : 02:39:05 AM
The year past has seen a lot of changes, effort and funds poured into the Hagar to keep her competitive and to achieve the wining results at Drummoyne last weekend. During the year we had to replace the old 10-hp Volvo which had lost most of it's compression as well as finally burning out. We had a new 20-hp Volvo installed and it was the right call but cost around $14K. We also had the mast re-rigged. There were no new sails as the budget was really blown away, but we continued to tinker. One major change was that we had been told that the boat looked out of trim in the for and aft perspective with bow up and the stern down. So we began to move all of the gear in the rear of the boat to the bow as well as store the sails up there as well. Rod then got hold of a plastic bladder and filled it with water and placed it right up the bow. Ever the skeptic I was however impressed with the change to the the way the boat performed and tracked. This was seen to affect the helm which became lighter and the boat tracked better upwind. The speed dials also showed an increase of boat speed.
Even at the Nationals we found that we had a re-curing problem with loose ropes in the cockpit and which were getting under foot as well as interfering with the re-packing of my kites during and between races. The obvious solution will be a series of rope bags in the work areas.
However what we cannot change is the clock and for all of us we are slowing up and all of the owners, being four are over 60 years of age and Old Pete is over 70 & Rod's brother, John who sails weekends is close to 70 years of age.. I have been told by all to loose weight, hello Sasha where-ever you are?
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 04 January 2017 : 07:23:00 AM
We continued to "tinker" aboard the Hagar and over the New-Year weekend we gurnied the decks in preparation of a new coat of non0skid deck paint which I will appreciate on the bow. We also installed a roller tube on the baby-stay to help get the jib and sheet knots which had been getting caught on the baby-stay. We have also been to the sail-makers for running maintenance having had the luff ropes in the number one & two jibs eased. They had both shrunk by about six inches. We also had the single luff kite repaired after it got sucked into the topping lift mast block and shredded in the last race at North Harbour.
We are racing at North Harbour this Thursday in our Clubs twilighter and on Friday afternoon we are sailing up to Pittwater & racing with the Clansmen out of Alfred on Pittwater. We will be returning on Sunday.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 28 November 2016 : 01:26:45 AM
With Rod now retired he spends much of his daylight time at the Club or aboard the Hagar tinkering. The past couple of weeks has seen us cut out the cockpit floor sump and installing a dividing foam & glass bulkhead giving us a small sump for the drainage of the cockpit as well as a wet area to store ropes. We had two new plastic covers made and after cutting out the area required we glued in the clear plastic cover. This cover was glued in with a black sikerflex glue as well as a couple of bolts. The new rear plastic cover is removable and Rod finished it off with teak strips as well as non skid adhesive. We now have a great double aft berth as well as a lot more light in the stern of the boat. It is also dry to this point after two weeks.
Rod has also been tinkering with the boats balance and we have been experimenting with a water bladder in the bow to make the hull sit straight fore and aft. This seems to help the boat track better as well as make her less "tender" in the water.
Rod is now sanding and varnishing the inside timbers.
The work never finishes don't-we-know?
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 03 October 2016 : 08:18:33 AM
Last weekend saw the opening race of the North Harbour sailing season and we had the largest turn-out to date for an opening race. There were three notable absentees but also a number of new boats who are paid up new members. North Harbour SC is looking the best in many years and we could break the 100 membership as Rod reports a lot of interest as well as most of the sailors having paid-up.
The sailing on Sunday last was quite mixed and we had four seasons in the one day with every type of conditions imaginable.
The Hagar went well but the lack of a kite on one run cost us and we finished a disappointing 5th across the line.
Rod has been working on a new kite pole looking to extent the length of the old ones to accommodate the over-sized kite which we use in lighter conditions. As I keep say, KISS is the watchword.
I have an new/old carbon mast at home which was never used for my 14 foot skiff and it would make a nice lightweight kite pole and boom for the Hagar don't we know?
We are hopeful of having at least 12 yachts race out of North Harbour this year.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 13 September 2016 : 04:09:25 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was requested to make a new timber tiller for a new boat which will be sailing with us this coming year. The sailors are two girls along with their coach, John Crawford will be racing in a leased E24.
The old tiller had large areas of rot and needs to be replaced. John had removed the old mast and organized it to have the rig replaced.
So last week I went off to my friendly specialty timber merchant in Brookvale looking for a slab of Western Australia Red Jarrah. They only had Blue Gum so I took a small piece, enough to make two tillers and ordered a bigger slab of the Red Jarrah. I picked up the Jarrah the next day and was very impressed with this piece of wood which has excellent colour and grain which includes attractive black inclusions and a good red colour overall. It is big enough to make four tillers for E30's.
Anyway I have commenced cutting up the Blue Gum & will try and finish it this weekend.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 12 September 2016 : 10:25:19 AM
The Hagar was slipped over the weekend and this morning Rood along with his forward-hand, Bec, the dog motored the Hagar back to her mooring in North Harbour. Rod & Myself spent most of the weekend cleaning the sides and then anti-fouling the bottom. We replaced the anodes and she is looking good for a big season of racing & cruising.
Rod claims that she was averaging 5-knots @ 2,500 revs from the new 20HP Volvo engine.
We will now begin work on the rig looking at sailes and set-up.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 30 June 2016 : 10:26:55 AM
The Hagar's engine box is looking good but just needs another wipe of bog filler and a final coat of paint. It fits over the engine nicely and with the new floor board behind the motor the noise of the motor is greatly reduced to a fraction of the old motor.
We took her for a run late on Saturday and with a very slimy bottom and some weed growth the boat slips though the water at well over any speeds achievable under the old 10HP Volvo engine.
We continue to work on the boat most weekends and still have a lot of work to do to her until she is up to the standard we require. But with Rod now retired he just keeps at it and the boat continues to improve.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 14 June 2016 : 1:54:20 PM
The weekend saw Rod & I pottering about at home as well as visiting the secondhand boat locker at Warriewood & Whitworths on Monday morning. The engine box is now glued together after some delays due to a bad batch of epoxy which was my fault. Tonight I will remove the pins and sand it back and then fill the holes with epoxy bog after which I will glass both sides of the new rear facing panel. Then fill and paint. On Monday afternoon we bought the Hagar into the marina work berth and continued with the clean-up. Not enough time for a motor and finished up at the club for a beer.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 07 June 2016 : 09:45:21 AM
Yesterday afternoon I joined Rod aboard the Hagar which he had bought into the marina wharf. He had washed out the bilge and was contemplating the future jobs. We decided upon the increased size of the old foam engine box and I took it home to make the slight additions on the back vertical face. This will be only a one and a half inch at the base and taper up to the top. At a later stage I will build a new plywood box incorporating a removable table top. I also retrieved the third floor board which buts up and under the engine box. This will need to be replaced with the holes for the exhaust and air intake pipes allowed for.
We then went for a motor around North Harbour and measured the hull speed at varying revolutions both with and against the wind. We were cruising easily around 6-knots @ 2500 revs and could run with the wind between 6 to 7 knots as well as achieving up to 7.8-knots. Going into the wind and chop we cruised easily around 5-knots and did not wind her out at all. These speeds were in no way achievable with the old engine. And the bottom is not clean!
And if the power ever comes back on at home I will get to work on the box and floor-board.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 03 June 2016 : 04:35:33 AM
Yesterday afternoon was the first opportunity for myself to check-out the Hagar's new Volvo 20-HP diesel engine. It is now fully installed and looks and runs great! It looks lower and squatter in appearance than the old motor. The old foam engine box cover is slightly tight and rubs on the aft end so when we bought her into the marina wharf we took the cover over off and cut one end face of the box off with a jig saw. Now this engine cover box is one of my creations and is made from Termanto one inch thick marine foam with epoxied Kevlar on the outside and a layer of fiber glass on the inside. It is extremely strong and light. After re-fitting it was found to only need to be extended by an inch or the thickness of the foam on the aft end for a snug fit.
Rod had already installed an additional inspection hatch on the cockpit floor forward of the mast step so that we can access the newly found little sump and the hand pump.

I found the new engine to be quiet and very smooth with no vibration and little noise. But the power is wonderful with the bow lifting at around 2,800 revs and while we did not have the Sat Navigation instruments on board the hull was cutting through the water at a speed well in excess of 5.5 knots which was the top speed achieved with the old motor in flat water and with a clean bottom. These speeds and power was maintained as be motored into a southerly sea near the Sound.

There is still a lot of work to be done with the deck painting to be finished and I will take the engine cover home and extend the aft end over the weekend.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 31 May 2016 : 06:55:19 AM
Rod rang me last night with the news that the Hagar's new engine has now been installed and they took her for a short test run. There are still some small adjustments to be made as well as the warranty details to be given to us. However Rod, who was on board the Hagar during her test run, sail that the motor went well and felt to have more power. We will not know if there is more speed until we test her with the Log installed. We still have to install a new inspection hatch in floor in front of the mast so as to be able to sponge out our newly found sump.
We will also be lifting the old cockpit floor carpet and replacing it with a plastic non-skid floor covering.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 18 May 2016 : 04:48:25 AM
The new Volvo 20hp diesel for the Hagar arrived on Monday and Rod & myself checked it out on the Davis Marina workshop floor late in the afternoon. Yesterday Rod went down and cleaned the bilge out and especially the spot below where the engine sits. The engineer had bought the Hagar into their work berth and removed the old 10hp engine and lifted the new one into the companionway.
Rod discovered an additional small sump up forward in front of the old engine. It was full of sludge and fittings which have been washed down into the bilge over the years. We were not aware of it's presence as the forward hand pump has never been used and logically this sump was the sucking pick-up point. Rod has now cleaned it all out and the new engine should be positioned and installed in the next few days.
We hope that the plumbing and electrical work is also finished this week so we can go motoring this coming weekend, but it may be longer.
The new 20hp engine is about the same weight as the old 10hp and is about 30mm longer and the engineer says that it should go straight in and that the original shaft and propeller should also be good with the new motor doing an additional 2,000 revs.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 12 May 2016 : 3:02:39 PM
Rod reported yesterday that the Marina should be taking delivery of our new motor today but I'm guessing and hoping that it arrives tomorrow in time to be installed next week and we can test it out over the following weekend.
Chris.
Chris Cope Posted - 05 May 2016 : 4:56:42 PM
There is no good news yet on our new 20 hp diesel for the Hagar. They were still trying to source one last week and today Rod tells me that they were awaiting the final payment which had been screwed up by the electronic banking. However our motor is reported to be in Brisbane and we hope to have it sometime next week. But I'm not holding my breath. It should come together quickly after next week.
Chris.

Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.18 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06