_result Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E28's
 exhaust routing and mufflers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Taunto Posted - 05 August 2012 : 07:46:16 AM
My fellow E28 owners, those who have the motor in the bow .
For quite some time I have had a suspicion that the exhaust system on Dulcibella was not set out correctly , the fact that the exhaust elbow clogs with carbon every 12 months make me relise that all is not as it should be .
On thursday last at the boat show i met John Whitchard who fitted the motor some time befor i owned her and amazingly he remembered doing it , he advised me to replace the muffler with a more moderen type which has led me to do some research on the net, the result being that i think that i have not got a water lock in my system .
Question is that with such a long exhaust hose that can hold water after the motor is turned off where does one put a water lock and of what type as there is not a lot of room to work with , there is a goose neck of sorts at the stern with a big black ball that looks a bit like it came from a dunny , i dont know what it does but it rises to a cupple of inches under the deck , the exhaust hose then goes to a locker on the starbord side then down into the bilge up to the muffler that is about a foot away from the exhaust elbow ,there is an air ventilation line from there that goes to side with a cock on it . I am interested to know the types of system you have on your boats as having such a long run of hose presents a special type of problem . Cheers Taunto.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris M Posted - 07 August 2012 : 5:22:07 PM
It's pretty much straight all the way to the back, although near the stern it does a bit of a loop up to the roof (floor of the deck) and down out to the exit just above water line in a long sweeping loop rather than any deliberate sharp goose neck. Not sure if this is required for anything, or that the hose was just a little too long to route directly out in a straight line..
Taunto Posted - 07 August 2012 : 07:33:20 AM
Thanks Chris thats what i was after, do you have a goose neck at the stern where the water and exhaust leave the boat, or is it straight all the way to the water lift muffler .cheers .tony.
Chris M Posted - 06 August 2012 : 1:01:38 PM
Taunto,
Not sure if this is what you are referring to, our the exhaust hose out the engine is immediately routed into the top of a container, and another hose leaves this container and is directly routed all the way to the stern. We recently had this container replaced as it was rusting, and a small hole had also developed in the hose leaving the engine. You can see before and after in the photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/livia-e28/
Cheers,
Chris

Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.24 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06