Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 A New E30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2005 :  10:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently in the company with the boys from the E26 "Hagar" we flew to Geelong, Victoria & inspected an E30 which hwas for sale there. Rod Childs, Andrew Eaton & Ian Taylor along with myself found the boat to be in fair to good condition & over the next week we negotiated a price for the "Buccaneer". She is a Mark 1 E30 with the deck recessed as opposed to the flush decked Mark 2s'. She will be shipped up by road next week & will go to the Quays for a bit of TLC. The boat will be renamed the "Hagar 3" & the E26, Hagar 2 will be offered for sale. With four owners to split the costs, we intend to bring her up to offshore racing catagory as well as enjoy cruising with our families.
We antisipate being compedetive at the October 40 year Aniverery Regatta later this year.
Chris Cope

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2005 :  2:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Buccaneer Commeth.
Yesterday afternoon Rod, Andy & myself met our new E30 at the River Quays. She arrived by truck at about 2.00pm & without much ceremony was picked up off the truck & lowered into the upper reached of Sydney Harbour. All went well & the boys had the motor running in short time. There were a few problems with loading fuel & then enguaging the feathering prop, however we were off & cruising home by 4.00pm. It took two & a half hours of steady motoring to finally reach North Harbour where we gave her to the rigger to cheach & repalce all the wires & whatever on the mast.
The diesel motor ran well & the mast remained on the frames built by the Vic chaps in Geelong where she came from. The cost of shipment by road was a bit rich, as was the crane in Geelong, however we are happy with the boat & the price paid for her. We have no illusions that there is a lot of work & money to be outlaid to bring her up to racing standard.
Thanks to Kevin Swadling & Sasha for their advise experience.

Chris Cope
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2005 :  6:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The renervation of our new/old E30 is proceeding slowly & last Friday we had some bad/good news from the Rigger. He has found an "L" shaped
crack below the starbord spreader arm. There is a recessed alloy slot ito which the
lower eyelets are inserted & bolted through. The crack has appeared at the weld point
where they had cut out the slot to fit the insert. The crack is about three by two inches.
Now the mast has to go to a mast maker & be checked, welded, sleeved or tossed.
So we will not be on the water for another two weeks.
The good news is that we did not find out about the crack whilst sailing!
This week end I got to and spounged out the bilge. An interesting exersize. Found no marks
for ID of the boat yet, but not finished. Found a deep well under the stairs which was filled
with "primorial bog". It was filled with a black sickly sweet mess of rotten filth which included
everything which has fallen in over the past 30 years. I was looking out for live snapping eels!
More degreaser needed!
Have half completed the new engine box which is of kledgecell & kevlar construction.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2005 :  7:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one guys! Bad/good thing about the stick as you say.
That engine box will lighten her up! should float at least 1/2mil higher:)

Col
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2005 :  11:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Col,
The engine box is a must do as the old one is huge with sharp edges! Not good for ankles & shins. The new box is all smooth & with round edges & half the height & volume of the wooden box which is as rough as gusts & must have been constructed in the boat. We plan to make a foam table to be removeable when cruising to go over the top. The box will be indestructable as well as being very light. The 10Hp volvo engine is quite small.
Any idear how long the Jib & skite sheets should be for an E30?
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2005 :  8:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd only be guessing - ring John Hearne on 9361 4341 work hours.
He should be able to help you (you may want to talk sails while you are at it! Feel free to take my name in vain!!)
Otherwise buy a spool of rope - normally 100mtrs and have new everything! There are a few joints in the afloat mag that seem reasonable on rope - or go to BIAS and try the "I'm an Endeavour owner and I want" thing.
Best talk to John first though I reckon. (he may even have a contact for rope)
Did you guys do the box? Is someone in the crew a composite guru?
Col
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2005 :  9:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colin,
There is no rocket science in composites. Cut the foam to size, pin together with long thin nails. Make sure you have everything within reach & the cloth precut. Mix a batch of resein, we used fgi epoxy, but polyester would do. The difficult part is getting the mixtures right. My first batch with filler for gluing the box together was too "hot" & lost more than half the batch. It went hot & started to smoke! To do it right you need patience & time. Both of which I lack. Yesterday I bog wipped the inside. Have already fixed the outside with kevlar & resein. Kevlar is great for the outside because it is so tough & will take dings. But is is difficult to cut & will not sand. You have to shave it with a sharp knife to remove the hairs & highs. Tomorrow I plan to sand the inside & fibreglass it. Then sand it off & maybe line with heat & noise resistant foam alloy. Carbon is relly good as it cuts & sands well but is very thirsty on resien.
Rod, Andy & myself came out of 14' skiffs & have built lots of timber & composite 14s'.
Appreciate your comments. Yachts are new for me, have not sailed in them since I was a boy with my farther & grandfarther 40 years ago, its always been skiffs.
Chris Cope
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2005 :  5:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris and all the "Buccaneer's" It's going to be a shame to change the name to "Hagar II". The mind boggles I think they all should wear Vicking Hats with horns out of them.
In answer to one of your queries re Specification of sheets etc for the '30 are as follows:

Headsail/Genoa Sheet 20 MM 11.0 lm
Spinnaker Sheets 15 MM 14.0 lm
Kicker 10 MM 8.0 lm
Twicker 10 MM 6.5 lm
Drifter Spinnaker sheets, 10 MM 13.0 lm
joined to Spectra 4/5 MM 8.5 lm
Lazy sheet 20 MM 12.0 lm
Forestay or Luff 10.5 m
Mast Height 9.6 Boom Length 2.8 m
Foot of Main Sail 2.6 m
I didn't measure the Spinnaker Pole, nor the Whisker pole. Will post later.
I feel that most riggs are the same but I am not certain.
Iam Marshall frm Hobart on "Zero Balance" has extended his boom & foot to 3.3. It will be interesting to hear from Ian as to how much weather helm he is getting and also if it is helping him to windward., I have always wondered how the yacht would handle, but never game to bite the bullet and fill the gap between the boom and the back stay. ( Yah a $2,500 excerise) Also Ian & his partner will be up for October.
My big thoughts "How do you get them going faster" it weighs 3,500 kgs
So throw off weight. Yah at Botany Bay what ! Cat 7 I think I could throw off 4 - 500 Kgs Clean its bum and then we might keep up with the '26's ( empty what do they weigh 1,500 kgs ?) and near the same rig.
To all of our avid '30 owners would love to have a race with the 26, 27 28 & 30 say Port Hacking to Pittwater say Cat 3, give them all a bit of weight.
I think the 30 guys might be partying a long time before the rest got there.
I am looking forward to October, what Catagory of Safety do we require? This is important so we can get as many boats as possible. All the Social boat may have Waterways Safety and it would be great to have as many of them there as well.
What I have heard, what a specticale 40 - possiblely 50 Endeavours sailing around Botany Bay. No words could describe that.
To the "Hagar" crew, stay in the bilge, see you in October.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2005 :  9:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, I'm talking to Steve Hall this week and to the YA, we are looking for CAT 7 but might be able to get away with MSB Safety requirements, will advise.
ALL PLEASE NOTE you will have to have insurance in order to participate - will adive if we are going to hold "races" or social cruise get together - "wink wink nudge" terminology may effect policy - if ya get my drift.
CC
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2005 :  3:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds good Col, it would be great to have as many of the Social boats as possible. The Social Cruise around all stations in Botany Bay would be great, say on Saturday afternoon, another social on Sunday morning, then a Cat 7 race for say the 3 Div's on Sunday Arvo.
I think the importance of the 3rd party Insurance is paramount.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2005 :  5:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How & where do you measure or dip for the level of diesel in the tank in a Mark 1 E30? Our fuel-tank is below the water tanks which is below the aft V-Berth. (The engine in our boat is positioned the same as as the Splinter, being over the keel.)
We have not located a dip stick & wondered if there is an instrument which we have not discovered.
The boats' renervation is coming along well with the Marine Electrition set to re-wire her in the next week & the mast off at the mastmakers to have the cracks fixed. We found that most of the instruments actually work, its' just that the wiring is wrong for the batteries, as well as the switches being too old & some not working.
This weekend we were sanding, oiling, cleaning & sucessfully fitted the new engine box. We also washed out the steering compartment down aft & have still to complete the cleanout of the "primoreal bog" which is the keels sump. Rod put in his hand & found my lost pen from two months ago as well as rotten wood & asorted goo.
The sails are a revelation with the No1 mainsail brand new & has never been used. The second main is in excellent condition as are the four headsails. There is also a stormsail & a storm headsail. There are two kites, one which is almost new & a Code Zero or blooper.
We hope to be sailing in two weeks & next month she goes up on the hard stand for TLC.
The Buccaneers
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2005 :  12:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,
Have a look for a sight glass on the side of the fuel tank.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2005 :  4:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Adrian. I believe what you have described is at the frount of the V-berth & is hidden by a plywood bulkhead. It is covered in grime & filth. We thought it was a fuel filter. One more thing to clean off. Will look at it when down at the boat tomorrow.

Thanks for your input.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  4:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weekend of the 30th saw just a bit of work done on the Buccaneer with Andy replacing one busted water pump & getting the wash basin pump back together & working, all with pressure. I started to re-install the locker doors, having sanded & varnished them, Then got to & sanded off the gal chain plates over the quarter berths. Rod has been replacing the quarter berth bedding with new non-absorbent thin foam. We went for a late Sunday arvo motor run & Rods' son Micheal pointed out that there was no water coming out the back. We discovered that the inlet pipe was sucked flat. Andy went diving & unblocked the saltwater inlet of accumulated weed/crap & all worked well. Did an achor, chain & rope drill/check. Had to scrub the Port Phillip Bay slime off the rope, chain & anchor. Will have to replace the two rusted thimbles & shackels.
The news today was that the mast is OK & they are welding & sleeving the stick. The Sparkey has been & will install the new switch box along with reorganising everything. This includes hard wiring in the bilge pump & updating the solar generator etc.
We were hoping to be sailing next week, however she will not be now reading for at least two weeks. The work continues & we are making lists for when she goes up on the hard for underwater works.
We have still to find the diesel tank depth indicator. Any clews?
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  5:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,
re your Diesel fuel gauge, sorry to disappoint you guys but there is not one. The way I do it and is a great fuel gauge "keep the tank full"
I think the tank hold 47 litres so get your 5 litre container and fill her up every month or so. Also, watch the possible fungus that can build up in the tank you will see it in the fuel filters. (more gunk !)
Good to hear that you are near ready to sail.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNSTON
Helmsman

Australia
258 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  02:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of things on the E30 mentioned sound different to my E30 "Caroline". The motor on her is a 20HP Lister-Petter mounter under the cockpit and I cannot remember seeing any signs of a location for an original 45 lite fuel tank. She had a "soft" tank when we got her, but now has a 85 litre tank under the port midships bunk (water tank on the other side). We have done just about everything in the way of refurbishing her by now - you uys must be having a lot of fun if there are 4 of you to share the cost and work!! Good luck! Leigh (Hobart)

Leigh Ex E30 MkII "Caroline" Hobart
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  11:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for you input guys,
We have not found any sight glass, so you are most likely corect Kevin in that there is not one. We will look at possibley instaling something in the future to measure the fuel level & have already added some anti-fungal stuff to the tank.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  1:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Leigh, sounds like your layout is very similar to the old Murphies Lore, now "Swan Song" It has the engine behind the companionway ladder.
I am very interested in the placement of the bladders for your fuel & water. I have been considering putting in hot water, then somehow intalling a shower in the compartment near the loo. I have been thinking about keeping it simple and light by incorperating it with a plastic shower curtain. Also we would only fill the bladders when cruising.
Would like to hear more about your fitout. What did you use for a hot water tank and what size. I would imagine it would not have to be large as you could run the engine when having a shower.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  2:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hullo Leigh,
We of the Buccaneer/Hagar are also interested in installing water bladders & a warm water shower in our E30 like Splinter has described. If you have any photos & diagrams we would appreciate them. Also the water pump type & its' position. I was thinking about installing it while the boat is mastless & the Sparkey is about to do some re-wiring. My email is cqs@accsoft.com.au
Thanks,
Chris Cope
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris, is your motor fresh water cooled. Then there is no problem so far as heating the hot water service.
Lets work to-gether and solve ours wifies's problem "HOT WATER"
My main concern is the Tank. Where do you get them from and what is the Specification.
I think we can solve the question to the universe "To keep the girls happy" It may cost us a few thousand but it the spectrum of things that is cheap if we want to keep sailing. We are now in winter, so let gets Brownie points and enjoy next season. "Oh us male's and our sport"
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2005 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kev,
Was thinking along the same lines, placing plastic water bladers under the port & starbord seat berths. There are sealed storage areas under the seats which are compartmentalised. The bladders are sold in the four wheel drive magazines. I'll see if still have any of the mags. It would be simple to fit the bladders into the storage bins & join them up with plastic pipes & run them together via an electric pump & the engine for heating up to the toilet cabin. The waste would go straight into the bilge & be pumped out. Tomorrow I'll be going down to the boat to do some jobs & will measure them all up. There may be six bins. But one has a battery in it. There are also the same types of bins below the aft quarter births. In the 4WDrive mag they were advertising the bladders of varying sizes to fit into the doors, under seats, ect. of the big 4WDrives for outback touring. Its' difficult when you live with four women dont' you know!
Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.25 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06