Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 A New E30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2006 :  12:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you trying to offload me to another boat?

[:-viking]

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.

Edited by - Sasha on 14 February 2006 12:36:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2006 :  3:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I was not. In fact I carefully edited my last posting so as not to give too much offence. Never mind S***t happens. But I was thinking of requiring you to loose some weight before the next regatta, however its' not the weight that is a problem, which in hindsight is an advantage, its' mobility that needs to be worked on.
So there, its out in the open.
No offence intended.
Chris.[%|:-)][%|:-)]
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2006 :  4:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The whole idea of adding weight to the keel of the Hagar IV has had me reeling and struggling with where to put the extra weight & do we need it? Sasha will just have to move to Sydney. The smartest thing to do would be to have a new lead keel made up which is a bulb on a dagger. It would spoil the boat and stuff up the class. It will be a year or two before we even contemplate going down that path. In the meanwhile we are still fixing and upgrading systems.
Last night before the twilighter race we installed the three new floor boards. A nice light colour, made of Qld. Hoop Pine. They give more light to the cabin and fitted well.
1. The main luff tension needs to be bought back to the cockpit and the power ration increased.
2. We are now awaiting the Stainless fittings being manufactured by Sasha which will be installed.
3. We need to look at the rig with the rigger & try to work out why the boat is 0.4 of a knot quicker on the port tack.
4. The wind instrument needs to come off and sent to be checked.
5. THere is a long list of to-dos' when she is up on the slips in April.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2006 :  8:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After my first sail aboard the Mumm 30 it was interesting to review some of the systems & fittings. The Wichard SS trigger release Snap Shackles were really interesting and having looked them up on the internet find that the SS ones are around $100.00 + US and you can also get Titainium ones which are around the $300.00 US each.
There were heaps of these SS fittings on this Mumm 30. The fittings and systems were breath taking in that they were clean & functional & having perused them on the net it was interesting that all these boats are set up the same way.
On this boat there were also some really nice sheets which are soft on the hands but they tell me they are as strong as spectra and are not available in Australia. They came with the boat which the owner picked up second-hand from the USA.
However the boats are wet, open, with a huge cockpit and little space below deck where it is mainly hands & knees and hardly enough room to stow the sails.
They are half the weight of our E30 and cost about five times as much in Aussie dollars.
Just dreaming, I could not afford to run one.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2006 :  8:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This afternoon saw me visiting one of my favourite places, the second hand marine locker at Mona Vale. I was looking to buy some of the trigger snap shakels which I had seen for half the price out there last year. Alas they were no more, having been snapped-up quickly by yachties. I did manage to procure some very cheap Riley RM8A's for our kite braces. These are almost unbreakable and the two which I got only needed some TLC and WD40 & they are like new. One was full of sand. Last weekend we destroyed a fico turning block when we were flogging the kite on a shy run & then trying to take it down.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2006 :  7:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest news from the Hagar IV camp of sailors is that we will finish bringing her up to Cat 4. This will require just a few jobs to be performed in the next few weeks as well as some purchases.
1. I have to make up a template for the boats name & spray paint all the removeable timbers with the boats name.
2. Rod has to procure a set of harnesses for safety. Which I think he has already organised.
3. Rod then has to set up the safety lines.
4. I have to make up a back-up tiller. Will buy a nice piece of Red River gum and shape it to fit & replace the current silver ash one which will become the spare.
5. Rod has to make up an emergency steering sweep out of the kite pole and one of the timber boards in the boat.
And that is just about it so that she can be signed off on Cat 4.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2006 :  8:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some time now Rod & I have been looking at the trim of the Hagar IV and more so now with the talk of the lead found in the bilges of the E30 Santana up at Lake Macquarie. The idea of loose ballast like that is to our minds a no no and would be better served attached to the bottom side of the keel as a bolt on job. However we feel at the moment that this is not necessary.
We have found through the moving of our crew members about the decks of the Hagar that we can increase boat speed up to one knot if they are but in the correct positions.
1. When going to windward in the fresh we find that the boat increases speed by stacking the rail with bodies, positioned with feet over the rails as well as the upper bodies between the two staunchin wires & leaning outwards.
2. Overall the boat performs best when on a heel of about 15 to 20 degrees.
3. This heel is for both upwind & downwind.
4. In the light it is always good to move the excess crew to the leeward side so as to maintain the optimum angle.
5. When running down wind in the light we find that she goes the best with the crew stacked around the mast and that the boat needs to be horizontal fore & aft so as to use the maximum water line length. We have found that with three people in the cockpit controlling the sails & steering that we can move a boding right up the bow in the light stuff & watch the speed increase.
6. The crew numbers vary depending upon the wind conditions and if we are using kites. At the Nationals in the moderate to fresh stuff we had a crew of five which included Sasha. We could have used an extra person in the afternoon heats as the breezes strengthened.

Now having said all of that, it should be noted that we have only been racing in the enclosed waters of Sydney Harbour & Botany Bay. The offshore stuff I will leave to Kevin off the Splinter to comment upon as he races offshore.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2006 :  9:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris...things are still gectic, but while clearing out the car to ship visiting people around I did find the info on the PSS dripless shaft seal thingy I told you about.

Easier then faxing you the info that Discount Seamart handed me is to send you to the website that the info comes from.

The US home site is http://www.shaftseal.com/

And a usefull Australian site is http://www.rlmarine.com.au/pssshaft.htm

The price I got form Discount Seamart was $430-500 depending on whether the shaft was 25mm or 1inch proper...but they said the price included up to a 1.5inch shaft (it has to do with their being much more call for imperial measured shafts, so they are cheaper, I think)

I have now checked Us prices and find that the Discount Seamart deal is actually very good. About $10-50US under the rec retail over there and no shipping to worry about, plus a local warranty.

Sasha

_
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2006 :  9:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also take a look at:

http://www.go2marine.com/go2_structure/mfr/pyi/pss/pss-mi2.shtml

http://www.go2marine.com/go2_structure/mfr/pyi/pss/pss-mi3.shtml

_
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2006 :  10:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After some months of searching, negotiation & waiting, Rods' contact with the Navman company in the USA has come through this week with the arrival of a copy of the original Standard Horizon manuals for opperating their old electronic wind speed & direction instruments. This afternoon I visited Whitworths & attempted to order a new wand for the mast head. However they do not have the separate piece of equipment and only sell the full kit. They also don't know what to serve us & they five-eighted us to the teco at navman who was not available.
Patience??
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2006 :  10:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend will see the Hagar IV alongside the work berth marina at North Harbour with Rod & myself working to achieve the Cat 4 safety certificate. We will also installing the new mast head wand for the wind instruments which is old & we believe to be not working. We will then try and re-calibrate the instruments.
There are lots of other small jobs to be completed.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2006 :  10:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hullo Sasha??
Have you posted off our SS fittings yet? We need then in the next week or so and particularly the two channel gunnel fittings for attaching the turning blocks. The alloy under the old fittings is melting away with corrosion.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2006 :  08:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hullo Sasha,
I did not thank you for the contact web pages which you posted for us on the stern gland fittings. Thank you.
At this stage we will not proceed, having repacked the stern gland with the greasy rope a few weeks ago. We will do it some time in the future when the finances permit. We are now finding that the Hagar IV is as dry as and yesterday afternoon when I went aboard her for the first time since last week she had not leaked a drop. Tomorrow, Monday, Rod & Pete will take her into the Manly Boat Shed and have the mast pulled out and the new Navman wind instruments installed as well as being calibrated.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2006 :  9:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the Hagar IV is now Cat 4. Hurrah!! After much work & messing about it is there & done. We did do some things on the cheap and cut some corners, however they will be made right & we plan to keep on until we get to Cat 3.
Tomorrow I will be picking up a piece of red gum to make a new tiller & the old silver ash one which came with the boat will become our spare.
This evening I went out & purchased some mineral water, dried crackers & chocolate for the trip up to Pittwater on Friday morning. We have a skippers meeting at 9.00am at the Davis marina & start at 11.00am. We will be the smallest boat in the fleet of from eight to ten craft.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNSTON
Helmsman

Australia
258 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2006 :  07:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope that mineral water is only for washing out the empty Bundy and Coke glasses! The crackers will go with the beer, and I guess the chocolate with the Bundy, so you are excused on those counts. Obviously the grog had already been put on board earlier in the week when the real essential provisioning was done. Have a great time at Pittwater!

Leigh Ex E30 MkII "Caroline" Hobart
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2006 :  09:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Leigh, the beer is in my fridge and will go on board last in an ice cold condition along with two bags of ice. No doubt the other boys will also be bring along their cases of the amber fluid.
We have been given a handicap of 0.88 on the PHS, is this good?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2006 :  12:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,
Do you have PHSs for other yacht types in the fleet? I have been a student of PHS handicaps since their inception.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2006 :  2:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adrian, there are a number of other types of yachts in our offshore racing division. They had all of the PHS handicaps posted on the Marina notice board yesterday morning and I,ll look and see if it is still there and forward it onto you.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2006 :  5:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where now Hagar?
Well although this years racing has practically finished, we may have one more race at North Harbour, we have not stopped thinking and planning for the future.
The wind direction instrument still requires to be correctly calibrated. It reads correctly when we were on the wind but is 180 degrees out when the wind is behind us.
There is also the major job of the annual slipping with all of the associated jobs. Dave the diver mentioned that there were barnecals growing on the tip of the keel. However this is the spot where the keel was resting when we last slipped her. So the following additional jobs are in the pipe line as well as all those when slipping.
1. New sails - must have a new No1 light weight header.
2. Possibly a new No2 header.
3. Possibly a new No1 kite.
4. Calibrate wind instruments.
5. Replace the two aft turning block SS channel plates.
6. The old No1 & 2 headers are also off to the sail maker for some TLC with both luff tapes coming off & being replaced.
There will be a lot more to do apart from sanding, vanishing & painting.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2006 :  06:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anzac Day saw Rod & myself go down to the Hagar late in the day and bring her into the work berth marina. Rod set up the new metho stove purchased from Adrian. It involved bolting it down to the swinging tray as well as re-organising the slide & swing arms so that they balance. I will now have to alter the fuse box cover which will not open fully as the stove sticks out too far.
I took off the tiller & measured it up, tracing out a profile to make a new one out of a pice of red jarrah. We then cleaned up and vacumed out the floor carpet and took off the racing sails for adjustments, leaving the cruising sails. All finished by 5.00pm.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.11 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06