Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 A New E30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2006 :  9:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod & I got down to the Hagar this afternoon late following work commitments. Rod had picked up the SS gunnel sections and we fitted them. They fit OK with the vertical tangs, however they will require to be packed-out by a quarter of an inch on both sides. Thankfully the chap who made them up came down. He is an old friend of Rods and will weld on the packing without any further charges. One this is done we should be able to bolt the gunnel sections onto the boat without further addo.
Tomorrow Andy is coming over and will replace the oil in the motor and I will finish off the head base timber work and seal it all up.
While at the Marina we got hold of a Manly Yacht Club year book and checked out their racing schedule for the coming season. We will be racing in the twilighters on Fridays as well as in their five offshore races and from the race of the 26th Rod wants to go on and do the further two races to Newcastle on the 27th & Port Stephens on the 28th of January.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2006 :  1:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Sunday I did not make it down to the Hagar, however Rod and Andy were at it with the boat alongside the Marina.
Of interest is that Rod went off to conduct a safety audit on a new North Harbour yacht. Rod is one of three members in our club whom have Audit Tickets.
Anyway they changed the engine oil as well as a few other jobs reported to have been completed. I remain a sick as with the flu. Plenty of work remaining to do.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2006 :  8:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow morning Rod & myself will be starting early and bolting down the SS after gunnel tubes with attached fittings upon the Hagar. Upon completion of this job we will be ship shape to start racing which commences in two weeks.
We may get a few other jobs completed but Rod is racing in the 16s' from this weekend.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 September 2006 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The job is done and Davis Marina, in their usual fashion had taken our booking for the work berth but not recorded it and we were kicked off by another yacht who had been booked in over us. Never mind. The new SS gunnels are now tightly attached in what ended up being an easy job. We now only have to fill the cavities with a nice runny filler mix.
Tomorrow is the Club Open Day.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2006 :  6:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning I went down to the Hagar and got the engine going staight away. There was a lot of oil & water in the bilge and after running the engine for a while I switched it off and poured some of the de-greaser into the bilge. I then checked the oil level of the motor and found that it was almost empty!!
I sponged out the oil into a bucket and found a quarter of a bucket full. It seems that the draining nut on the engine sump was not tight enough and it had leaked.
We will still have to clean out the bilge again as it still had some sludge. We seem to continue to learn from our mistakes and what a mess.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2006 :  8:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This coming Sunday will see the Hagar boys all aboard and keen to start the years racing. The weather is for 20 to 30 knots on Sunday. A nice little breeze to shake out the cobwebs and stretch the limbs. All of the part time crew have checked in and seem to have more interest this year for the Sunday racing. This is good, as we suffered last year in numbers which prevented good kite work.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2006 :  8:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Bon Doobie is off to the shipwrights on Saturday for a quote for some work.

I have spoken to Ian Short Sails today, waiting on a price back for some new sails.

Time to get fair dinkum.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2006 :  11:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go for it David.
You'll be needing all the boat speed you can muster, but dont' forget you need time and practice on the water with a crew who know which stings to pull and when.
We still struggle at times with the correct string pulling and have gotten into some really nice messes, like the time I attached the big kite upsidedown?
We won the last regatta up at Lake Macquarie because Rodney decided that a crew of three was not enough to run the kites. He was correct, and it blew too hard for kites in the last race, which we won comfortably on scratch.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2006 :  7:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David sounds like a great season coming up. I've been wondering how John "Swanie" Swan is going. Sounds good for the season. ENJOY.
Cheers.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

JohnSwan
F'ore'ard Hand

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2006 :  5:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still alive and kicking , and running back and forth to a new house in Melb.

In between, we did a fabulous 12-day cruise on the 25m Great Escape from Wyndham to Broome - the Kimberleys are just magnificent!!

I'll be back in Br Bay on Tue 26, and hopefully sailing down soon after. Still short of crew, but have a couple of Balmain locals for Sat, and poss some S-H hot-shots for Sun (right Stuart?).
See you all then.

Cheers, John S.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2006 :  11:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you John. The Hagar will be all go next Saturday morning for the Drumoyne Regatta.
Crew are always a problem. We have four positives as well as a number of back-ups.
Hope to see you there John.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2006 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Saturday morning aboard the Hagar in North Harbour we were loading up for the trip down harbour and I noticed that there was a small horizontal crack in the port side shroud chain plate. This crack is at the weld point where they had attached the rod coming down from the lowers. Now the shroud plate is about 35mm in width and runs from the under-deck where it is attached to an internal horizontal plate below the deck mounted Stainless channel plate and goes down and is glassed into the hull sides. The crack at is at the lower attachedment point on the aft side of the shroud plate. This crack is only about 7mm long, but there is a noticable crack which has split the new paint applied by myself last year and this has appeared since we went to Lake Macquarie in June.
Rod marked the crack with a felt pen and we raced regardless over the weekend. The crack did not open at all, however we now have an appointment with our rigger tomorrow afternoon. More costs??
But, hay better to be safe.
Any words of wisdom Colin Cole?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2006 :  11:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod & myself last night met our rigger, Weasel, at the Manly Boat Shed with the Hagar. Weasel examined the shroud plate and proclaimed it a back-yard bodgy job. But hay! its most likely been on the boat for the past 32 years holding up the rig. Weasel is of the opinion that the boat has been raced hard in an earlier life and as we are now racer it hard again at times, things are starting to show their age. His opinion was that the lower is pulling the plate backwards at its weld point and will eventually tear right through in the next blow. We think the initial crack occured at Lake Macquaire in June and she has not been race until this past weekend.
Weasels prognosis & recommendation is that the rig will come down in another decent blow and that we need to remove both port and starboard chain plate supports and have two new Stainless Steel triangular plate fitting supports made up and installed. He went to a great deal of trouble to explain how to remove and secure the four shroud wires and the removal of the two plates. He believes that although the starboard plate looks to be intact at this time it will also be suspect and he recommended that it be done now rather than later.
And so next week we will remove the two plates and pay a call on our resident SS worker and see if he has finished the latest job and can make these two new plates. He will also have to come down and measure up. They will most likey be rectangular shape and have circles cut into them for weight saving.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2006 :  9:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This afternoon Rod & Andy met our Stainless Steel fitting manufacturer at North Harbour and he examined the Hagars' cracked shroud & stay inner plate support. His opinion and recommendation was much the same as the Riggers. He will only make a replacement for the cracked port side plate at this stage as he is of the opinion that they will not be identical. He will also over-build it with some differences to that recommended by the rigger.
And so we will be off the water for the next two weeks and Rod will remove the old stay plate this Sunday.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2006 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,
Have you heard anything from Sasha lately.
adrian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2006 :  6:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Adrian, not a whisper or a peep, which is unfortunate as I do miss his input on the website.
However from time to time he has been sighted reading all the latest gossip. No doubt the Hagar boys had a bad influence upon him which resulted in his SWMBO'd placing him under house arrest and with an Endeavour "block" placing restrictions upon the evil influence of the Endeavour sailors website.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2006 :  7:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adrian, Chris and all yes I too would love to hear from Sasha. I think he is how know what a family man has too do. Would like to know the family is going well.
Sasha - ADVISE.
CHEERS,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2006 :  5:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday afternoon I visited the SS fitting manufacturer armed with the cheque book. Ouch!!! It cost!!!
Old George had gone to a lot of trouble to make the new chain plate fit. He took the old one and attached it to a pre-welded steel mock-up. He then drilled through the old fitting into the mock-up. Removed the original and cut out the plates of stainless and welded them together over the mock-up. When it was all welded together he drilled back through the the mock-up and drilled the holes in the same positions as the original plate.
It is similar, but all stainless and instead of a rod tang there is another wide plate for the lower shroud and it goes all the way down to where the base of the fitting is bolted onto the hull plate. It is over-manufactured and a bit heavier than the old plate. But it will not break. The breaking point has now been moved to the next weak point and that will most likely be at the point of attachment to the hull tube bracket which comes out of the hull each side and apparently goes right through across the bottom of the hull floor and is glassed in. Georges' welding is amazing. It will never fail!!
So early Sunday morning Rod & I will install the new plate fitting and go racing.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2006 :  10:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Success at last! After six hours Rod and & myself finally completed installing the new port side lower shroud plate this afternoon. There was a lot of stuff-ups along the way, however it finally went in with a lot of durilac, sikaflex and perswasion with a hammer.
Next week we may remove the starbord side plate and have a new SS replacement plate made up. Regretfully we missed sailing.
Chris,
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2006 :  9:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following conversations with our Club Handicaper we have decided that we will put off the manufacture and installation of the port side lower shroud plate until December when we will have a few weeks off sailing and have the time to do the job without any rush. As we have missed a number of races through poor weather and a lack of starters we should have everyone back on deck and racing up until Christmas.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.2 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06