Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 A New E30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2011 :  08:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night before heading out to the start of the first twilighter race of the season at Manly, we installed a pair of new halliard blocks in the mast. These two are the exit points for the kite halliard and are over six feet above the deck which is difficult to work on. The old blocks were worn out with the lower plastic sheave having twisted and jammed causing the rope to burn through. Both were in an alloy channel which has corroded where the stainless pins touch the sally walls.
The new blacks are all stainless with plastic sheeves.
We also placed the new small kite pole on board. This pole is a Goldspar spun alloy tube with the two ends tapered. I found a pair of German made parrot beaks which fit perfectly, but are made of saome form of poly plastic and I hope they do not break. The whole pole with ropes ect is quite light and the pole is sturdy. We shall see during the first knock-down under the intermediate or small kite.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2011 :  06:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday Rod bought the Hagar into the Marina work-berth and I arrived later. The rigger had taken out the pin and lower forestay fittings and is now seeking a new fitting to replace the broken forestay pin fitting.
While coming in under motor Rod had found an unusual noise comming from the engine and that there was no water coming out of the exhaust. I got to and opened up the Impeller box and found a mashed-up impeller fitting. Thankfully we have two spares aboard and after cleaning out the old rubber impeller and gaskets we installed the new kit. We then tested the motor and found that all was working as it should with lots of water gushing from the exhaust. Rod had been on the phone to our sparky who advised that our problem with the non starting battery was because it was flat or finished. So we will have to have it tested and most likely replace it. Rod also replaced the old broken electric switch fitting for battery selection and ON / OFF switch. I made up a new teak plate to fit in frount of the traveller. It was completed but we ran out of time with all the interruptions and visitors, so it will be glued and scewed in next time. The new work berth on the Davis Marina is adjacent to our club which is very convenient. We also replaced some deck ropes.
There is a lot more work to do to the Hagar, we are now on a roll and will continue to upgrade her towards the Nationals which are now about seven weeks away.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2011 :  04:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question without notice CC - the rates for the new work berth! reasonable? ballpark figures give or take a thousand?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2011 :  08:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Col,

The use of the work berth on the marina next to our club is built into the quarterly service fee of about $400.00. For this you get the use tender service to and from your yacht during daylight hours, the use of the marinas dinghy's, the marina toilets and the use of the marina work-berth on a pre-booked basis.

They charge from $1,200 to $1,400 per marina pen per month and about $400.00 per month for the swing moorings.

Regards,
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2011 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news today is that the bow fitting of the Hagar has been repaired and she is ship shape to race this weekend with a Friday nighter at Manly and then a Club race at North Harbour on Sunday.
Does anyone have Graham MacPherson's email address?

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2011 :  11:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This coming long weekend will possibly be the last time that we can do any more work on the Hagar. It must entail a cleaning of the bottom, which is greasy and slow and no doubt there are barnacles on the prop or rudder as there is a slight shudder.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a cheap diving pump system which can run off the Hagar's 12 volt battery system for diving on the boat?

We will also fix a main track which is gaping in one spot below the spreaders. I have to pick up the number three jib as well as the Endeavour Insignias for the mainsail.
Will we be weighed in this year? I can tell you that the chaps at the slipway this year informed us that Hagar weighed 3.8 tonnes when she was last slipped.
Rod has rationalized the crew and this year we will be sailing five up only, so it is going to blow for sure!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2011 :  09:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, your best bet would be a hookah system, tank on the boat and a longish airline. You would need to purchase the tank and airline only (I presume you have a facemask), should be easy to shop around for a best price. The dive shops will be able to advise on the max length and depth. I don't think it would be a problem for someone as young and as fit as you.
Rob.

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2011 :  6:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Rod and seasons greetings.
We will look at the dive gear next year, too much to do at present. Yesterday while the Sydney to Hobart was getting underway I was aboard the Hagar finishing off a couple of jobs including the glue and screw installation of a teak beading ouside of the main traveller step which has been taking a bit and showing wear. While the upper decks are in need of a re-paint, time is against us and that job hopefully will be next year.
I also pumped out the engine oil and replaced it with new oil as well as a new oil filter.
I then got to and cut out a template in cardboard to make a sailcloth cover for the bottom of the forestay and the two rope bollards around which the kite sheets continually snag.

Today it was Rod's turn as I was visiting my old mum in hospital after she had a bad turn.
Rod is installing a new block and retrieval sheet for the clew of the single luff kite which will be attached from the outside the pullpit and released for dropping from the cockpit. Rod also removed the old broken after cabin air vent which he will replace tomorrow.
I arrived late and we finished off and placed the Hagar back on her mooring.
Rod has booked us into the Marina work berth for the next two days and while I must go back to work tomorrow Rod is off for a few weeks.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2012 :  5:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today was the best!
However while it would have been nice to go cruising, we spent the day working on the Hagar, yet again! Old Pete spiced an extension to the to jib sheets while I bought down my belt sander and cleaned up Ian's teak chairs which now weigh down our stern. After sanding the two of them flat and clean I gave them their first coat of exterior varnish. They came up nice. We then removed the baby stay and replaced the lower shakel with a big "G" clip so we can remove it to the shrouds in the light to fascilitate quicker tacking. I went home and bough back some new plastic piping for the Baby Stay which was fashined and fitted.
There are still some jobs to complete and next Saturday she is booked in again at the work berth and I will most likely dive on her and give her a wipe over and scrape off any coral. She has a lot of slime on the bottom which has built up over the past few weeks.
Rod will do the delivery either next Wednesday or Thursday week depending upon the Dumeresq who wish to accompany us up the coast.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2012 :  7:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next Wednesday is looking the best day for delivery to Pittwater with a southerly predicted. Tomorrow night Rod, Pete and I will be racing at Manly YC in the twilight race and will install the new mainsail, time permitting. Rod and I have boith been visiting the sail loft for small maintanience jobs and I've had a cover for the bow made up to cover the jib attachment and bollard fittings on the bow tip. We still have work to do on Saturday as well as doing a dive and scrub/wipe for slime and coral. However it is all coming together.
Looking forward to the racing and hope that it is not another light series, up the creek!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2012 :  4:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod & I spent today putting the final touches to the Hagar for the nationals. Mainy cosmetic with the cleaning of the outside hull, washing down the decks as well as cleaning the inside surfaces of the hull which had some mould.
We also placed the new main on the boat and will test it tomorrow in the North Harbour race. The Dumeresq is around at Middle Harbour on the hard stand being also readied for the Nationals. She is supposed to be racing against us tomorrow.
Rod and John of Dumeresq have still to decide if it is Wednesday or Thursday that they will do the delivery to Pittwater with the two boats going up together.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2012 :  03:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Hagar and Dumeresq sailed home in the early afternoon on Monday without any incidents. John sailed solo in company with Hagar which had Rod and Andy aboard.
Rod and I went out yesterday afternoon and bought her into the marina and gave her a clean-up. There is always a lot of safety gear and cruising equipment aboard when she goes offshore.
It was an interesting series and we learned a lot about the boat this time and have resolved to fit a number of systems which did not work properly. I immediately replaced the main luff tension rope which is always jamming due to it being old, salt encrusted as well as being of the wrong braid. We will also be replacing the topping lift sheet which is likewise worn, salt encrusted and jams.
We also discovered that in the kite drops when we are rounding the bottom marks to port and the kite is coming down on the starboard side that the halliard repeatedly jammed. It turns out that this is because the halliard sheet crosses and rubs the for-stay. Old Pete has suggested that we need an extended "crane" to push the halliard block forward and is well above the fore-stay. This is a job that will require some closer inspection as well as welding at the mast head and can only be carried out when the mast is out of the boat. And this can realistically only take place when Hagar has her rig replaced which is scheduled in about three years time.
We are also looking at having the topsides repainted and the windows replaced.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2012 :  5:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of painting the topsides and replacing the windows, are you awake and sober there CC? Don't forget the quotes which we asked for at Gosford, dontyaremember?

Lots to do, there alway's is, but hay a great weekend of sailing ahead of us with a twilighter race at Manly tomorrow followed by a North Harbour Club race on Sunday.

I'm over worrying about the handicap and pointsystem at Manly YC they appear to make it up as they feel and they just don't like the boys from North Harbour. Last race we came seventh over the line and we were docked two minutes and we did'nt even cheat! We just go out and enjoy our racing and test the gear and race.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2012 :  1:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod and I were discussing why we did not do as much work to the Hagar prior to the Nationals compared to the previous season of 2010/2011. The reson was that the marina was in the process of being re-built and the opportunities to book in were just not there. This year of 2011/2012 saw more marina space available and the new work berth fully opperational.
We now have a nice new long list of work to do on the Hagar. Much of which will be done over the next year or three.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2012 :  12:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While mosst of the systems aboard the Hagar are working well we have discovered that the lower topping lift block in the mast has seized up and I will replace it as soon as I can get down to Whitiworths. I'm also on the market for a new pair of sailing shoes and we should replace out jib sheets, however Whitworths are not the place to procure good quality sheets. And advise on where to buy quality sheets at a good price?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a good haberdashery in Newtown, near The Grose Farm pub.....heh heh....

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2012 :  7:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the season draws to a close and we begin to think about maintanence and work in the off season on the Hagar with a number of jobs to be planned and which includes:

1. Replacing the topping lift mast base block,
2. Replacing the topping lift halliard rope.
3. Replacing the new lost short kite pole.
4. Sanding and painting the topside decks.
5. Replacing the four cabin windows.
6. Organise the the slipping of Hagar in winter &
7. Replace the oil and fuel filters for the engine.
8. Replace the jib sheets with new long ropes.
9. Replace the mainsail halliard which is frayed at the head of just
turn it around.
10. Genral sanding and varnishing the inside and outside timber work.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2012 :  05:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since before Christmas last year Rod has been experimenting with patterns and material in an effort to make an effective wind scoop for the forward hatch. He has finally succeeded after several attempts and alterations with the sail maker to his scoop.
The scoop is made out of a scrap of white sailcloth which is fastened to the after area of the hatch up against the main forward bulkhead where it is rolled up and held in place with a couple of pieces of Velcro. When in use it is unrolled and has a small batten across the top which is flexible and allows the to to[ leading edge to bow as it leans forward from it's attachment point to the kicker and topping lift lines which are linked together when not in use. The main body of the scoop is rectangular with two wings at the base which are attached forwards via eyelets and held with shock cord and clipped to existing deck fastenings.

The scoop is a major success and keeps the boat cool with just a light movement of air through the boat and helps to take away the odors and stuffiness associated with a yacht. It also helps to dry the boat out which has long term benefits of mold and corrosion minimization.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  09:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late last Saturday I went down to the Club and found Rod was out on the Hagar. As I left the club to go out onto the Hagar one of our old crew turned up, Ross-H and wanted to come out as well. We then decided that the Dinghy would be the best option, allowing more time on the Hagar. We were about to shove off and another old crew arrived who hitched a ride out to his yacht. And so I tuned up at the Hagar with two extra sets of hands. Murray was dropped off aboard his yacht and Ross and I went onto the Hagar. Rod had pumped out the sump and the bilge was dry.
It has been a dry year for our boat, not withstanding all the wet weather and it has taken us six years of fidgeting about to get her dry. Rod still wants to paint about the inside where the main fittings come though the deck to help seal her up further.
We got to and tightened the two bolts and nuts which hold the propeller shaft before it goes into the hull. This has been loose and continually works itself loose over time resulting in a loud knocking and shudder through the hull which is most annoying. It is difficult get at let alone move the nuts. However with four hands as well as the correct tools we got it tight once again.
We will obtain a set of two ordinary nuts and a split washer for each side and replace the nylock nuts which are softening and become loose over time.
We then went for a cruise across the bay to Manly and returned without the knocking and shudder.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  4:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have just got home from work and picked up the staunchons from the stainless engineer. They are all straight and shiney with one having been sleeved. The next job is to find a base and work out hove to make them comply with Cat4 for offshore as well as being easy to dis-assemble for racing inshore, which is most of the time.
Rod is of the opinion that they had some sort of mechanism which fixed them to the gunnels originally. A job for the Saturdays when not working on the house for Shewhomustbeobeyed.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.22 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06