Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 A New E30
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 56

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  8:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This afternoon saw the four owners at work on the Hagar at the work berth marina. The main objective was achieved with the four windows having been removed and temporary plywood blanks cut out and inserted. We ended up bolting the plywood pugs back in with the old bolts and then taping over the outsides. It was an interesting job and I was surprised to see that the alloy frames were in fact only just covers and not having any other function. The actual perspex windows are quite thin and we agreed to have the new windows made of a much thicker material and throw out the alloy frames. There was an accumulation of possibly forty years of mold, filler, dirt, grime as well as numerous layers of sealastic.
Andy also installed and tested a new automatic bilge pump while Rod and Ian worked on stripping the old deck paint away in the bow areas of the boat.
We finished up late and after putting the boat back on her mooring we retreated the club for a drink or three.
Rod and I plan to take the old windows up to our mate Jim Buckland who trades in plastics at Budgeewoy.
Next week could see us re-installing the new windows.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

sundance
Deck Hand

4 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2014 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

You say you are throwing out the alloy frames? What are you replacing them with?

I have the same job to do on mine as the toilet window is cracked.

Luke
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2014 :  06:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Luke,
We removed the frames and the perspex panes with some effort and have replaced them with temporary covers made on the spot plywood duplicates which we bolted in and then taped over. The small windows up the bow in front of the mast were particularly difficult. There are a bulkhead frame right in the middle of these windows and we ended up butchering the frames and windows to get them out. We just could not get our hands on the inside nuts which were sunk into the glass. Most likely the windows had originally been set in the boat as it was built and the inside bulkhead was installed as the boat was fitted out internally.
I will take some photos of the job and show you these problem windows. The aft windows were much easier it remove and it should be easy to install the new panes.
Can you send me your email address and I'll forward the photos to you next week. Weather permitting we will be installing the new panes this weekend.
On Thursday of this week Rod & I visited our old friend Jimmy Buckland who is in Charmhaven up on the central coast north of Sydney. He used our old panes and frames and cut out the four new panes on the spot. He said to scrap the alloy frames which are only cosmetic and agreed that the thicker perspex was the way to go. From memory the old ones were about 4.5mm and new ones are about 10mm thick and are tinted a blue / grey for UV protection. We also purchased off him two tubes of special mastic to glue in the new frames as well as a new set of stainless steel round head bolts, washers and nylock nuts. Jim said to drill out the perspex with a firm base below the panes and use a slightly large bit than the bolts which will give slight room for expansion and contraction to prevent cracking. We will also trim the perspex pane edges on the job so that they will fit into their recessed positions in the cabin top sides. When they are ready to be bolted and glued in we will trim the edges and when they are in we will clean up the mastic and then remove the adhesive paper covering both the inside and outsides of the panes.

We made a number of other purchases from Jim including a pair of new winch pouches for the cockpit as well as a new topping lift sheet. The bill was under $200.00. It is a pity that Jim is not in not closer to us as he is a lot cheaper than the Sydney based boat locker supplies.
My email address at work is: chris@sydprod.com.au

Regards,
Chris cope
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2014 :  03:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday saw the four Hagar owners at it again working on our E30 alongside the Davis Marina in North Harbour. While it was a nice sunny day the wind was bitterly cold and we were glad to finish up at around 4.30pm. Andy finished re-wiring the new bilge pump and had to replace most of the old wiring due to poor current flow. Rod was painting the forward non-skid decking while Ian and I began the installation of the two larger aft cabin windows. The problem encountered with installing these windows was that the cabin is not square and the panes had to be shaped and re-trimmed to fit in snugly. I got mine in and we finished up with it finally glued and bolted into place, while the starboard side window is bolted into place, it still needs some more trimming to fit in snug. The top needs to have the inside shaved off just a little bit more. The one window installed looks really great and the choice of going for the 10mm pane and the black mastic a good call because the perspex is just about level with the cabin outer skin. Inside the window looks even better without the old crazed and discolored panes.
Next week will be a big weekend down at North Harbour with Rod & I planning to finish the windows and on Sunday we are having a major working bee on the club. We are also planning to slip the Hagar sometime in August.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2014 :  10:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are very pleased with the result of last Sundays new window installation on the Hagar, so we have booked the Hagar in to be alongside the work-berth marina at North Harbour this coming Saturday. Our objective is to finish the installation of the remaining three windows. The remaining large one should go in quickly with just a little bit more trimming to make the top flush with the cabin sides. We then will move onto the two remaining small bow windows and hopefully get them into place with out any dramas.
Rod will continue with his painting of the non-skid decking areas.

Sunday is a big working bee on the club with the (1)western wall to be prepared and painted as well as (2)the cementing and concreting of the track stairs down to the club from the road & (3)the fixing of the new gal/steel brackets attaching the piers to the club building bearers. Lots to do and hopefully a big turnout of willing workers.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 13 July 2014 :  12:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today saw only Rod & myself working aboard the Hagar from mid-day until 4.30pm. We managed to fully install the remaining large starboard side cabin window as well as the port side small forward window. The hardest part is the clean up of the mastic goo after it is all bolted into place with the mastic oozing out both outside as well as inside the cabin. This has to happen so that the mastic is applied evenly and in one go. Firstly we push back the goo into the gaps and then wipe it off as best we can using the fingers and cleaning it up with turps and clean rags. There is a lot of rags used and disposed of as well as the hands also discolored. We did not have enough time to install the starboard forward window so cleaned up and did some deck painting.
We finished at about 4.30 and returned the Hagar to her swing mooring and then withdrew into the Club for a few drinks.
Tomorrow is a Club Working Bee day and we will be back at the Hagar next weekend. With the completion of the window installation we will be concentrating on the gloss areas of the decks which have to be scraped, sanded and prepared to be undercoated before the application of one or two coats of gloss paint.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2014 :  04:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Sunday afternoon Rod & I bought the Hagar into the Marina and tied up for a few hours and completed the installation of the cabin top windows with the starboard side bow window finally going in. We cleaned up the mastic goo mess and rod swept out the insides of the boat. The boat now has all of her new windows and she looks very smart. We were finished by 4.30pm and returned the Hagar to her swing mooring in North Harbour.
The deck job of stripping the old white paint, sanding and then re-painted. This will take some time and we are hopeful of it being completed before she goes up onto the slips for her annual anti-fouling in August. At this time we are hoping to also have the sides touched up by the painter and this will complete the cosmetics for the coming season.
We still have some rigging up-grades to make, however we do not plan to up-grade the shrouds and stays until 2015/2016. I would like to procure and new number three jib and a new mid-sized spinnaker, however that may not happen until the following year.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2014 :  12:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow we will again be working on the Hagar off the Davis Marina in North Harbour and sanding of the white portions of the deck followed by the painting of the non-skid areas.
We will also be making a list of jobs and materials required for the August slipping of the Hagar.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2014 :  05:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over the week past Rod has been busy procuring and stockpiling all the goodies required in our annual slipping of the Hagar. She goes up onto the hard-stand on Friday the 15th of August and goes back into the water on Monday the 18th. Unfortunately the painter is away and we will have to get the upper hull touch-up painting done at a later time.
Today we hope to finish the non-skid deck painting and then move inside to start sanding off and varnishing all of the woodwork. Rod will also install the new pump-kit for the head.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2014 :  9:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,could you please give me a contact no for your Budgewoi supplier ........EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2014 :  7:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there Eca,

I hope that you are fighting fit and are still sailing. It is good to hear from you as things have become very quiet on the web-site these days without you.
You can contact Jim Buckland at his workplace on: 61 2 43931455.

Jim is a really good man and is the only living Live-Member of our sailing Club. His prices are very generous and his is a fountain of information on all things related to sailing.
Good luck and sailing,

Chris Cope
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2014 :  8:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry there Eca but I got the numbers wrong and have since found his mobile care of Rod.
439314552 @ work and his mobile is: 0422 176 468

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2014 :  3:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow I plan to go down to North Harbour and continue the work program on the Hagar with Rod. Having been sick all last weekend. Painting and sanding of the decks as well as the inside timber work is the main aim for this Sunday and with the following weekend penciled in for the Hagar to go up on the slips in Middle Harbour.

Eric, did you receive the phone numbers I posted to you and did you get in contact with Jim Buckland?

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2014 :  6:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it is nice to see the Endeavour Site up and running again after some months absence. These has been a lot happening with the Hagar and North Harbour chaps over the past few months when we were off line.
Firstly the North Harbour Sailing Club continues to prosper and the incumbent office bearers were all re-elected in August and two weeks ago saw the opening race of the season take place. We will be also racing in the Manly Twilight series on Friday nights which starts later this month.
The Hagar continues to be worked over and we are currently sanding and re-painting the decks. We had her up on the Ferguson Boat Shed hard stand last month and anti-fouled the bottom in very bad weather. The Hagar has received a lot of TLC in the past four months and the work will continue up to the Nationals.
North Harbour Sailing Club has never been stronger and our biggest problem now is keeping Rodney from signing up more members.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2014 :  11:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,Thr world as we know it has ended FOUR SEASONS HAS BEEN SOLD !!! dont know what happens now,,85 coming up..EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2014 :  08:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Eric,
Sorry to hear that the Four Seasons has been sold. However you can always serve on other yachts, even as a bad example, don't ya know! Aboard the Hagar all the old crew are now over 60 years of age and we are slowing down with Andy and Ian rarely racing with us. Old Pete who is a regular crew is now close to 70 and since the big smash aboard the Marloo six months ago has not been the same and is still in recovery mode due to the smashed ribs and sternum. However he still gets out on the yachts and tries to crew. Jest get out on the water and have a sail on your swamp!
Regards, Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2014 :  10:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,At the moment i am number 3 crew (or number 1 passenger on a vey nice Cav 32 sail no 3232, i aint finished yet.After xmas i have to do my age driving test ,no action till after then,who knows what silly thing i might get up to.....We now have a resident dolphin so the swamp cant be too bad !!!!!!! EH
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2014 :  8:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
32FOOTERSare nice but i go all shaky when those E26s start buzzing around EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2014 :  08:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there to you old-timer (Eric), good to here that you are still sailing.
We are continuing to work on the Hagar IV and this weekend Rod and myself will continue with the sanding and re-painting of the decks. We are also replacing some of the halliards, specifically the main and jib which have been slipping and the jib halliard having self destructed a few weeks ago. We are also looking at some major sail maintenance in the coming weeks. We have not used our light-weight racing main, jib and kite since the last nationals.

The last few weeks have seen us doing more sailing and I think my misses has forgotten who I am. I've been doing more sailing than working.
We are now racing on the Hagar in the Manly Friday night twilighter as well as in our Sunday races at North Harbour, while Old Pete and myself are racing aboard the Marloo on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2014 :  04:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A happy and safe Christmas to all. Doing the usual Xmas things with the family today and tomorrow will join Rod and other club members to see off the first ever North Harbour Sailing Club entry in the Sydney to Hobart. Local Hero, a Sydney 36 is owned by a club member, Peter Mosely and is a handicap winning chance in the light stuff. Then we will settle down to watch the race from the club on out TV and have a BBQ.
Work on the Hagar has been suspended until the new year when we will resume the sanding and painting of the top sides.

Happy Christmas, Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06