Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2005 :  6:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
I was just looking through the Forums and saw "Are you Coming ?" a very appropiate subject as it is now early June. I think the Committee would like to know what numbers they have gotto cater for and also how many boats they can expect to have to moor or accomodate.
Having been on committees on ragattas I appreciate what work is happening now.
So, I for one will start.
We will be there.
"Splinter" crew of 6 Splinterer's and Splinterette's - visitors ? possible 4 -
will be staying (If weather permits arrive Friday night and return to Port Hacking Monday Afternoon.) Some of the crew will stay & raft up Sat & Sun night. Interested in what is being planned Socially ?
Looking forward to how many E30's will be there. '24, 26, 27 & 28's have any of you organised a raft up and or a bit of fun?
Endeavourer's, the E30's will be there, so other classes see if you can match us !
Cheers - lets celebrate Reg's fabalous 40th.

"Splinter"

ianwwatson
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
54 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2005 :  8:12:37 PM  Show Profile
You guys having trouble getting in to the chat room, are you turning off your pop up blocker.
Normally on windows it will be hidden behind one of those tile things down near the internet symbol on the bttom right of the screen. On mine it is the 4th tile to the left. Put your cursor over the tile and left click. it should then come up turn off pop up blocker. Click that and your in business. But remember if you have already tried to get in you need to use a new name.. Ian W
Go to Top of Page

MattR
Sheet Hand

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  5:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I was having trouble getting in, but I just reset my favourites to http://www.endeavour.asn.au/forum/login.asp
and it works fine. Might need an email, or spread the word, for those that are having trouble with it. Catch-22...

Also, I'd like to jump in and indicate, on behalf of myself and my co-owner Jeanne Raper, that I think Princeton will be coming down for the 40th from Lake Mac. Given all the hard work Colin Cole has done helping us get into the class, it's the least we can do.

MattR

Just give me two fried chickens and a Coke.
-Jake Blues
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Thanks Ian, guess what I spent some time to-day with my son and we turned off the Add Blocker and or "something else" and we got it. So I would say I will be in the Liquid Chat next Saturday night. I must admit I have been frustrated not being able to do it.
Thanks to all for their help. Us old buggers have just go to learn.
Thanks all.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Welcome "Princeton" looking forward to meeting you in October. What size are you, 24 or 26 and or ?. The interest is building. Please let the Committee know if you are coming !!
It could be the Social event of the Century. Col Cole eat your heart out. The pressure is on your Committee!
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

ianwwatson
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
54 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  11:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey Splinter,
Looks like the young fella has you organised, but if you go on Saturday
it could be lonely. ONE AND ALL, LIQUID CHAT SUNDAY NIGHT 2000EST. Having said that whynot if online with some time to spare open the chat room for a while and if we all check it while on the site we could get a bit more live discussion going.
All the best, Ian W.
Go to Top of Page

MattR
Sheet Hand

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2005 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Splinter,
Princeton is a MkI 24. She's a light grey on top, white hull, with black below the water. Picture a little seabird, like a fairy penguin, and you get the idea.

The story goes that she was down in the 'Gong and her "owner" had bought a megabucks cat and needed the mooring (not a lot of space down there, apparently).

So, he was going to take the Richie Rich option and scuttle her, to save on the advertising costs!

Luckily, Colin (and one of the other committee members, I don't know who, Graham?) found out and saved her.

Col gave up his time this past summer (instead of working on his own 26) and produced an absolute beauty.

The first test sail we took her on, there was a little 5-8 knot ESE wafting into Kogarah Bay as I turned up and Col sailed past under main and heady, looking like it was 15 knots, just powering along.

If it sounds like I'm getting excited, it's becuase I am. This weekend will be our first race under spinnaker (at Croudace Bay) and I'm hoping for that same "10-15 knots" feeling again, and then some.

So to cut a long story short, I'll be doing everything I can to get her back down to BBYC in October and support Col and the committee.

Matt

Just give me two fried chickens and a Coke.
-Jake Blues
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2005 :  7:05:24 PM  Show Profile
thx guys, the NOR and invitations WILL be posted by weeks end - I've asked that there be a response by end July.
Kevin in answer to social stuff - we plan to have a get together BBQ/QLD at the club on the Friday evening/night following the afternoon race/cruise.
Sat night a band @ the club with "all the meat you can eat" spit or barby.
Sun an informal presentation with "china grits" under the marquee on the club hardstand - please understand this is all liquid at the moment! But you get the idea - we are looking at hireing the Bass & Flinders cat to take out Reg and his invited guests & sponsors as well as "splinterette's", wifes, boyfriends, kids and any one else interested in an afternoon tea and yacht watching. Will keep you posted - feel free one and all to have input at anytime.
Grat to see Matt enjoying the 24' - he was right Kev - it really did slip along well after 3 weeks of toil followed by a 20 minute sail!!! Argh well I'm nearly pumped up enough to stat the 26 :)
Go to Top of Page

mjsloane
Main Sheet Hand

56 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2005 :  7:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Colin, I take it that to compete in the Oct reggata you will need to be a financial member of the association. I would like to renew my mebership but cannot get into the download section of the web site. Will there be a membership form with the NOR? If not how do I renew my membership?
regards Michael Sloane "The Buzz"
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2005 :  7:56:45 PM  Show Profile
If you like I can email(have done so on email ad I had on database) you a mem form, or you can send your $20 in with your NOR application, fairly sure all your details are correct Michael if you don't wanna go thru the form again.

As I said above all members will receive the NOR + application mid next week.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2005 :  7:58:52 PM  Show Profile
sorry "mjsloane@tpf.com.au" failed!

If you wanna email me direct Its "tuffyclan5@optusnet.com.au"

Cheers Col
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2005 :  12:39:39 AM  Show Profile
We have gone and found a pretty impassable obstacle to turning up.
We expect the birth of our first child that week.

Whoops, should have planned that one better.

Margaret is strangely unmoved (except in the throwing things department) when I suggested that since she wants a water birth anyway....

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Graeme Watson
Helmsman

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2005 :  2:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations!!! Well done. And a nwew crew member to boot!
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2005 :  6:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Sasha, as a boatie you should only go home late (having a few beers at the Club) and normally we are buggered when we get home. Well you have shown that we Endeavourers' have different priorities.
We all support your efforts. "Congratulations" this is only one new crew member what is next? I think you should flog the '26 and buy a '30.
I think you might need a bigger boat.
"CONGRATULATIONS"
I suppose now we have to but up with long emails about the growth & develovement of the latest "Endeavour'er"
By the way you should check the plumbing if you want the crew.
cheers & enjoy

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

JohnSwan
F'ore'ard Hand

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2005 :  3:32:42 PM  Show Profile
All being well, SwanSong, (the E30 prev known as Murphie's Lore) will be at Botany Bay in October. A small crew will attend, and we will need a mooring, pls.

Sounds like too much fun to imagine.

Cheers, John S.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2005 :  3:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to meeting you John. It will be a good regatta & hopefully we should have around six E30s' as well as the 27s' & 28s'.
Chris...Hagar.

You know it is interesting, that the women who come out in our boat just dont' like the name of Hagar. Ian had a good suggestion...
"Helga's Husband".
They liked that one even less. Just no pleasing some people!
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2005 :  11:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Annie here (Cole, that is)- just a note about the dates (they are correct on the NOR) for the regatta - Fri. 30th September, Sat. 1st October & Sun. 2nd October 2005. Cheers :o)
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2005 :  12:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Colin,
Are you aware that the public holiday is Monday the 3rd of October? Labour Day Holiday. The official page says:
The Anniversary year will culminate with the Endeavour 40th Anniversary Regatta, to be held in conjunction with the Botany Bay Yacht Club, on the Labour Day weekend in October 2005 ~ 1st to 3rd October.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2005 :  10:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Year a bit of licence by the web master pre our committee meeting to make final dates. Sorry about that - we usually hold a race on the Fri, sat & Sun in the Oct regatta's this allows boats to "head for home" on the Monday.
Col
Go to Top of Page

Graeme Watson
Helmsman

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2005 :  10:45:01 PM  Show Profile
I would like to come for a day Would there be a chance of getting a sail with some one?
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

jim curtis
Deck Hand

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2005 :  8:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Regret will not be attending 40th. Self and boat (Hagar Viking 23) will be in tassie but will try for a celebratory tour of Storm Bay all being well. Enjoy being registered with you but format is presently a bit awesome for me. No doubt will get into it. Will get out of here wishing you all a great carnival of sailing for the Endeavours. Jumbo Curtis.
ps. am seeking a bit of techo info if available but will move to another forum to try for it - (I hope). jc
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.2 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06