Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2005 :  10:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Adrian,
Just click on "Insert a file" and select photo you wish to display,but it must be smaller than 80kb or it wont accept the upload.

A normal digital photo is around 350kb so you will need to reduce to a jpeg , i use a program called digital photo navigator.

Also posting photo's like this does not take up the page when viewing a topic.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2005 :  10:27:30 PM  Show Profile
The photo is completely legit. It is just a very very big sloop....

Berundi V, I think.

One of the launches (it has two, as well as numerous PWC's and RGB's) that it carries in its onboard garage/slip is larger then an E26 (sans mast).

One of the launches is a sort of landing craft to deliver the owner's choice of cars to shore when they decide to explore land.

I do not want it, even in my worst nightmares...But I would happily accept being paid what it costs per year in upkeep and running costs!

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2005 :  2:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Help please David,
Where do I find "insert a file", is it on the forum page?
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2005 :  2:44:00 PM  Show Profile
It is not on the quick reply screen at the bottom of the page. You need to actually press the reply button to the topic you want to post to and wait for the new screen to come up (it is very slow loading because of all the smiley choices). When it eventually appears, the insert a file button (with a pic of a paperclip) is just below the box your type into.

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2005 :  7:59:29 PM  Show Profile
Your right Sasha it's Mirrabella V.

Everytime i come across photo's of this "yacht" i just can't beleive the size of the gear.

Have you seen Athena being built, even bigger than Mirrabella, if thats possible.

David.

Edited by - David on 19 August 2005 8:15:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2005 :  7:29:09 PM  Show Profile
Kevin,
How has that 24 you found shaping up, is it Kiaora or are we still looking.

Was there any distinguishing modifications on the early 24's that might help when we are sailing around to look for.

Kiaora sounds like a name that may have stuck and not been changed.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2005 :  11:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,
In case you haven't heard yachts cannot enter or leave Lake Macquarie at present. One span of Swansea Bridge is stuck in the down position and traffic has been restricted to using the North bound bridge. I heard tonight that it may not be repaired until late September. Lets hope that it will be open in time for those contemplating attending the October regatta. I heard that some affected groups are contemplating taking out a class action against the RTA. We have a relatively large number of visiting yachts trapped in the lake and a lot of others waiting in Newcastle Harbour to get home to their moorings. The cost for temporary moorings can be considerable. I will keep everyone informed of any changes to the situation.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2005 :  5:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Adrian, whow, that's a biggie. Lets hope the RTA pull their fingers out. But I would suspect they would not even care about the boaties.
The answer to Dav, I am trying to go and check out for "Kiaora" If it is ? tomorrow morning. I hope the tide will be favourable.
It is now getting shollow up the back of Port Hacking now so one has to watch the tides.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2005 :  9:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,
The latest on the Swansea Bridge is that traffic will be stopped completely for periods while work is undertaken on the Southern span. It appears that a lot of work will be done at night although some stoppages of traffic are planned for daylight hours. Apparently Hydrogen gas has been generated in the bridge structure and the work is related to releasing built up pressure of gas. Imagine the problems that would occur if the same situation occurred on the Spit Bridge.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2005 :  2:06:21 PM  Show Profile
We would build a tunnel just for something different, we could do with a few more.

I was speeking to a guy up from Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, and he was comenting on Sydney's traffic jams and thought it's great that we have all these tunnels, as now we have underground parking.[:-banghead]

David.

Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2005 :  11:11:45 PM  Show Profile
all for a reasonable cost/toll -- NOT.

The pollies would notice our cynicism - if they GOT THEIR SNOUTS OUT OF THE TROUGH.

Im off to bed before I type something the web master will definatly not like! Wait till I've had a billion rums at the regatta then ask me about funding cuts for the disabled - that'll be fun :)
Col.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2005 :  7:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Col, do we have a list of starters yet.

If there is any other Endeavours coming down from Sydney?

I am planing to travel down on the Sunday before which i think is the 25th, so if the weathers crap that will give me a few days up my sleeve.

So if anyone else want's to travel down together we could pick a time/place to meet.

Which reminds me i will need a mooring aswell,thanks.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2005 :  9:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Below is a list of Paid Up entries for the Regatta - if you want to know specifics - phone or email ads of these people; give me a ring on 0414 193 852 or tuffyclan5@optusnet.com.au - IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST - why??? - if you think you will be there - get your entry in - this includes all you Botany Bay blokes who have yet to enter (remember - the handicapper is part owner of my boat - and you all know how he hates late entries!!)If you should be on the list but are not - let me know asap - and I'll check my "mountain of paper work - again"

Cheers Col

List of starters as of 4.09.05
Rob Jones Kareena 24
Brian Norris Sable 26
Dave Wright MarieT 26
Martin Beaupark La Mouette 24
John Booth Gallivant 26
Warren Eggins Rhumbline IV 27
Bob Buman Hanalei 26
Greg LeRond Surprise 26
Chri Warner Southern Comfort 26
Guy Irwin Clewless? 26
Kev swadling Splinter 30
Evan & Michelle Nimbus 24
Gerry Gallagher Sauvignon 26
Dave Bailey Bon Dobbie 28
John Crouch Marguerite 26
Simon Bathgate Yellow Bird 27
Rod Childs Hagar IV 30
Dave Walton Second Fling 28
Michael Wise Barubi 26
Paul Brown Shenanigan 24
Mick Sloane The Buzz 26
Nick Vertes Onyx 24
Gra McPherson Divine Inter 26
John Swan Swan Song 30
Gra Spelman Gambit 26
Ando Allweld 27
James Larinson Viking 26
S.Hall & C. Cole Haul n' Coal 26

Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2005 :  09:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi All,
The latest on Swansea Bridge is that it will reopen about 12th September. Currently it is totally closed to all boats at all times and to road traffic from 8PM to 4AM with a one hour opening 12PM to 1AM.
Regarding entry to October weekend I must apologise, however Imperium will definately be an entry in January.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2005 :  8:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Graham from Jervis, are you and your family coming up for the weekend. Would love to meet you guys. Also, have we heard from the girls from Batemans Bay now they are real charaters and good sailors. I have seen them kick arse of bigger boats in plus 30 knots.
What about the '30 up Concord way, sorry cannot think of his name but would love to meet him.
From the boats coming I think the blue book will need updating for all the boats that are still around after all this time.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Graeme Watson
Helmsman

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2005 :  9:07:21 PM  Show Profile
I dont have the sea experience as the girls from Batemans Bay so I am not sailing up But I hope to drive up with my son and have a look and learn. Maybe get a sail.
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

Jenni
Deck Hand

9 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2005 :  6:37:05 PM  Show Profile
hi Guys !
We are in Pittwater - and excited about the anniversary !
Can anyone tell us what the activy format is for the weekend ?!
Sailing itinery, day activities ? evening activies ? etc.
Hopefully we can allow sufficient time to be in Botany.
E24 'Bound To Succeed'.
Thx !
Jenn & Keds
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2005 :  7:59:34 PM  Show Profile
friday 3pm start off Ida St (Reg live there) start then to Yellow Mark off Brothersons Dock (maybe a leg into Brighton then back to and finish off the BBYC - a booza cruise!
BBQ @ BBYC that night, two races on the bay Sat, band and bbq that night, Sun - two races, presso and chinese food at the club. Reg will be there - lots of memoabilia and probably lots of drunk Endeavour people:)
Breakfasts and on water sandwiches are available.
I will have a programme ready next week, sailing instructions will be handed out on the friday skippers meeting @ 1pm - there will be another breifing sat about 9.30am.

Col
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2005 :  5:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Hi Col, is there an updated Starters list for the Oct weekend. It's all looking good and I will have Splinter over there before 1.0 pm Friday for the skipper meeting. Ian & Susanne are flying in and I suppose we could pick them up by the yellow mark about 1.30.
The pilot may not be happy but what a way to make an entrance!
Is everything coming to-gether as I would believe most yachies in the area all know about it. (most yachies have owned an Endeavour at some stage or other)
If you've got the time would appreciate an update.
Many thanks for all the work that is going in. It is enormous !!
By the way, how is "Hallen Coal" going ?.
cheers.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2005 :  6:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Col/Graham and all the Committee. With only now less than 2 week to go to the Regatta. Is there anything that you need a hand with or support to do ?
I would think there is a lot of members that are willing to help if need be just by yelling.
Just a thought as I know what work goes into a weekend of what we are going to have. A ripper of a time.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.44 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06