Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2005 :  08:15:29 AM  Show Profile
All is in hand Kev (mind you I'm fast becoming a shell of the man I once was! this regatta stuff is *%^#ing hard work)
The help we will need will probably be on the weekend itself - an hour on the barbie, a bit of time behind the bar, some help @ breakfast times (from those who are still functioning) that sort of thing.
Its still a bit in the air as the weather will decide haw many we get (there will be a flood of late entries) but - if the weather is good a week out (ie in 3 days time) and the next week is ok we may well be looking at 45 starters!!!
The race committee (Hall & Cole) have decided that the start sequence will be - 26s off 1st, 27+ div next then the 24s, there are only a few in each div sailing non spinaker so we are letting them start in their respective fleets and we will pull them out of the h/cap later.
This size of event is stretching the clubs volenteers to the limit - so I may well be on start boat duties for a couple of races - the boat will be on water but I doubt we will be competitive - lucky its a FUN regatta :)

Cheers Col
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2005 :  1:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Col and all Endeavourer's, just had a look at the computer modelling and forecasts for the weekend and all is looking good for those who want to bring their boats to Botany Bay.
Windguru (Computer) Wind W - SW 5 - 8 knots Sea 0.6 Waves 11 sec.
That would be a great trip if the forecast is correct. Would only know Friday with local forecasts.
Also, some of us will be available for what ever you want us to do.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2005 :  6:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Just had a look at the weather for Saturday. Could be a very comfortable trip to Botany Bay but have plenty of fuel. Not great for us racing. I think plenty of sunburn cream and a good lunch will be in order. I think light winds from the SW and turning NE late or mid afternoon.
Will wait should get more to-morrow.
We will be racing to Botany Bay yellow mark on Saturday, wiffies '50th birthday Satd'y night, I'm on the promise of death with a thousand knives if I finish later than 4.30 and arrive home after 4.35 BUT I have convinced her that I must race to get points for the Summer series and NO drinkies with the crew after. She's a great girl and agreed. All I have to do how is run the BBQ for the finger food and the girls in the kitchen will organise the rest and all is sweet. "The sailors dream" peace at home.
I hav'nt told her that we are going on Sunday morning to have Champus at 11.0am the M/tea & lunch with the Cruising Group to look at the Wildflowers up in the Royal National Park by Zodiac. I think she may still be in bed.
I am blessed she does not have the Internet in the house to know how the programme is set out and when. Come on Summer !!!!
LETS GO SAILING
Cheers,

"Splinter"

Edited by - Splinter on 21 September 2005 6:33:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2005 :  6:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
To all the 30's guys, when are you coming down to BB ?. I will be out of town early next week so will not be in contact until Thursday or Friday morning.
I will be bringing "Splinter" to BB late Friday morning and should be at Botany Bay YC about 1.0 - 2.0 (only 2 - 3 hrs for me)
Have spoken to Copie and he will be trying to get there early but Friday is a big day for him and may not make the booze cruise or he may pick up up down the bay.
Are there any other boats 24 & 26 coming out of Port Hacking that would like to join me on the passage up to Botany Bay. I would think Mike Sloane, "the Buzz" would know who is coming so let all get to-gether if it can be arranged.
I think with a bit over a week to go we should be hearing about plans of many boats cruising down and up to Botany Bay. The old saying Safety in numbers so guys and gals tell the other people what you are all doing and get company travelling. (Could make more friends) and have a great Regatta.
By the way, thanks to Evan got the Sailing Instruction, great job. Still reading them.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2005 :  6:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Friday 23rd - 7 Days to go. And the weather is looking "good" so far, have just checked Windguru and it goes forward to Friday PM 30th and all is looking great. No fronts and or rain. Just a computer model but I have found in the past to be reasonably reliable.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  5:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Well well well....

In what seems to be a conspiracy between my wife and Chris....I AM NOW GOING TO THE REGATTA!! Wahooo!

Sorry, very excited about it, actually!

All reports say that the inner moppet is not going to transform into the outer moppet this weekend. Chris dropped me an email saying "get your butt up here", I gently floated the notion to Margaret and she said "absolutely, you should go. Have lots of fun"

Now I ask you, do I not have the niftiest of all possible wives?

So, I will be arriving in Sydney at stupid am on Friday and am available as crew (unless Chris wants me aboard his boat. He started this, so I guess he gets first dibs).

Now I need to find my gear!!!!! I think it is the layer of stuff under all the new baby gear in the guest room.

I am packing as light as possible. How "formal" are we dressing for the evenings and presentations?

Sasha
Looking forwards to meeting all of you, just generally blissing out right now that I get to be there.

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  6:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you can make it, you must have the biggest grin at the moment.

I don't think you will have any trouble getting on a boat.

It's fancy dress from the roman era and don't let anyone tell you different.[:-jester]

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  6:24:58 PM  Show Profile
David,
Are horny old men aloud to come?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  6:55:11 PM  Show Profile
You do realise I own a full set of Roman clothing and armour, don't you?

I think the pilum might get in the way of the boom though. (And getting salt out of the horsehair plume on the helm(et) is a bugger)

:)

Since I get to play on Hagar for a bit, I was thinking of the Viking costume, myself.

Sasha
(pondering the sanity of wearing an inflating lifejacket under chain maille)

_
Go to Top of Page

ianwwatson
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
54 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  9:52:43 PM  Show Profile
All you guys have a great weekend, I wish I could be there but I couldn't have Eliza Hawkwind ready in time, and I could not arrange leave at the right time any way.
All the best for the weekend,
Ian W.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  12:31:47 AM  Show Profile
Informal presentation = any dress you are comfortable in!!
May i suggest sailing pants/trakkie daks with a newly purchased regatta shirt - very smart.
Great that you are coming Sasha - we can now put a face to the "website oholic" :)
See ya Friday - club will be open early - I'll be there just tidying up the last 1 million 3 hundred thousand things I've got to do!

Col
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  12:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Any idea the name of and how close the nearest train station is to BBYC? I will be public transporting.

Sasha

_
Go to Top of Page

XR107
Deck Hand

4 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  09:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Sasha
I can pick you up at the airport but it sort of depends on what time you arrive as i have to be at work on friday morning. My number is 0410 384 032 if you want to work something out
rob
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  11:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you!
I actually need to head into the city first and then I was going to catch whichever train gets me closest from Central. I may well take you up on the kind offer of the lift from wherever I end up near(er) the yacht club.

Sasha

_
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  2:08:50 PM  Show Profile
Sasha,
What time does your flight arrive.

Carlton station would be the closest,then you could bus it or taxi. But if you decide to use a taxi you might aswell get a taxi from the airport as you will be travelling against peak hour traffic.

This may help any visitors.

David.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] map0PCF0KWNTM6ZIOF3O.gif
60.33 KB

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  2:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Kogarah station is a better bet, catch a Dolls Point bus there is a stop opposite Endeavour St (also opposite the Sans Souci Public School) cross Rocky Point Rd walk West up Endeavour St - keep going till your feet get wet and you will have arrived.
Just ask the friendly bus driver - they usually have some grasp of the queens english :)
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2005 :  3:06:34 PM  Show Profile
Excellent!

Since I am looking for a boat to sleep on as well as crew on (actually I was sort of hoping for a chance to crew on a couple of different boats (28's and 30's) to get a feel for them, I was trying not to impose in terms of transport and stuff. Besides, I love reading a novel on a train, I do not get nearly enough of a chance to, so a train ride out from Central suits me fine.

Sasha

_
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2005 :  5:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Well Guys & Gals who is coming in to-morrow Friday. I will be trying to leave Port Hacking about 11.0 -12.0, Lets just know who is going to be out there to-morrow even though the weather forecast is good.
Lets play safe so lets know !
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2005 :  5:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Hay Guys! Don't forget to pack you digital cameras. I'm charging up the battery for my best Nikon. Will take as many shots as we can, of as many boat but cannot take shots of the Hagar IV. Just starting to up pack now. This afternoon visited the second hand Chandlery & got all we needed. Will be casting off from North Harbour around 3.00pm, we hope, & heading straight to Botany Bay. With a few rounds of turalieigh?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2005 :  4:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Well guys were we go again, another year another regatta. Had a look at the Notice of Race but could not put it up, I have Word and all the rest but I am not a guro.
With the January Regatta being 20th - 22nd Jan that is great. I should be back from our Cruise south to Batemans Bay and all stations in between.
So let start planning forward "Who's Coming" Hagar what are you doing, Still fixing the Loo, "Bon Doovie" Dav are you free. Swanie here we go again, I think that was a song, Would love to catch up again.
Ando, what are you doing with the "Systems" will it be ready for January?.
Doc with the Beautful 30 from Gosford. Did not get to meet you but please come again we need you.
I would think it could be as good as the Annaversary weekend.
What Happening Guys ?????
"Are you Coming!"
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.2 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06