Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 NEW BIG BOATS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  11:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the past two years I had been cruising the web looking for a suitable Yacht to purchase & made a decision that the Endeavour 30 was the boat which suited all of my criteria for racing, cruising with family & the hip pocket. In my quest I developed the habit of looking up the ninemsn sight with the following address which some my find helpfull in their searching for the perfect yacht:

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?Power=S&Hull=S&LengthFrom=27&LengthTo=32&PriceFrom=-1&PriceTo=-1&LengthType=ft&SearchMethod=quicksearch&Keywords=Endeavour&AdvanceOptions=yes&KeywordsMatchType=0&TabID=3338&Alias=boatpointau

It is a bit long however it gets you there and you can check what is avialable, prices & contact details.
It was the method which I used to find the Bucaneer, now the Hager 3.
It is interesting that there are currently no E30s', but three 28s', & two 27s' for sale.
Chris

MattR
Sheet Hand

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  5:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,
Did you count the 32? I don't know much about them, but it looks like the 30's I've seen but stretched out, with a cockpit cover. It's listed at $65,000 (cheap!), so it can't be a real Endeavour right?

If you search under "Endeavour" it also comes up with a 60 footer "designed by Iain Murray" and a 40 footer, both worth squillions. I can't believe they are really Endeavours either. But there's a little Viking on there too, which is a bit more like it!

Apart from Hagar III, do you know of any other 30's that will be racing at the 40th? It'd be great to see a big boat fleet on the Bay.

MattR

Just give me two fried chickens and a Coke.
-Jake Blues
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  6:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Endreavour Yachts is also the name of a US based yacht builder that went out of business at about the mid 80's. US made endeavour yachts were an awkward looking beast. Starting at 27feet and going to about 43. They are still widely available and apparently had surpirsingly good build quality for the price. A few of them made it to Australia and lurk about the place being confusing. Even more confusing was telling a friend in Alaska that I had purchased an Endeavour and being told all about the keel issues and stuff....which gradually started to make no sense at all compared to the boat that I had just bought. Eventually we realised that we were discussing different beasts when I said it is a 26footer and he replied "there is no such boat!".

Starngely enough, the first five or so issues he did bring up (about a completely different boat) have all eventually manifested as issues that needed solving in mine....

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2005 :  8:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Matt,
Sasha is correct about the Endeavour 40, it would be one of the USA built Endeavours. They had a big range of sizes & were avaiable from 30 to 50 feet in length with a shallow draft.
The Endeavour designed by Ian Murray is I believe to be a one off day sailer (60 feet)and has been for sale for some time. The E32 on the ninenms sight has been there for a long time and is one of about six built. There are more details on them if you search about on the Endeavour site. In any event they are asking too much and like our boat it may go for a lot less than the asking price & need a lot of TLC as well as money thrown at her. Her vale would depend on her condition as wel as how much is on her.
There are no other E30s' for sale that I'm aware of. Rod & I believe that there may be at least two in Middle harbour & we are going to try and find them & anything about them that we can in the next few weeks. Will report if we hear of any for sale or the whereabouts of any new E30 sightings.
In North Harbour there are three E27s' & heaps of E24's as well as E26s'.
There could be about six E30s coming to the 40th Regatta. These would include: Splinter, Hagar, Swan Song ( Murphys Lore), Arota, Hollywood & Andos' boat.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

MattR
Sheet Hand

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2005 :  10:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sasha/Chris,
It is scary when the problems of random unrelated American boats start manifesting themselves for no good reason. Maybe a marine variation of nominative determinism?

Ando's new toy was the 30 I was thinking of. Don't know if he intends to change it, but it is called "Systems Outage".

I went along for the test sail last year off Cronulla and it was very smooth. It was my first time offshore (big deal for a Lake Mac boy) and it hardly felt like it. They had some fun getting her back to LMYC (the inlet to the diesel got blocked and she never really recovered from the overheating), but from all reports he's pretty happy with her.

So hopefully, there should be some good big boat racing in October! Is little 24's will do our best to stay out of your way...

Matt

Just give me two fried chickens and a Coke.
-Jake Blues
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2005 :  6:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checkout the latest posting on the Boatpoint site for an Endeavour 32. Listed at $58,000 & built in 1984, re-built in 2000. Boom cover sports the name "Good One". The foredeck looks like a Mark 2 E30.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2005 :  4:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re- The "Good-One", in Brisbane.
Have just got off the phone from the owner. She is an aft cockpit Endeavour with the transum slope in line with the bow. This means that she is an E30. She was originally raced as Good-One in Sydney and went to Airley Beach & was purchased by the current owner out of Mullulabah. He said she is in very good condition & is considering an offer recieved today. So anyone interested should moove very quickly. The owner is Roger West on 0732031809. He has kindly offered to send me down a set of photos for our records.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2005 :  6:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is an E30 listed for sale in Gladstone, Qld. at $39,000.00. I believe she is a Mark 1. She has a white hull & yellow coach house. She was for sale eighteen months to two years ago. THere is one photos of poor quality at:

http://www.gladstoneboats.com/glad/sngoos%20endevour%20pics.htm

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2005 :  6:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another E30! They are just poppy up each day! & she is in Sydney town. Does anyone recognise her? I have not seen this one before.

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBoatID=1003744&TabID=3338&Alias=boatpointau

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2005 :  9:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Compare the two photos above. The transoms are different. The first looks more like an E28!
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  09:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that is only opitical, the one in Gladstone is a 30 for sure.
Has anybody got a photo of the keel of a '28. Is it similar to the '30 ?
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  4:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I looked at E28 Bon Doobie on the hard earlier in the day and it was identical to the shape of the Gladstone yacht. The Sydney yacht seems to have a more pronounced sheer on the transom.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  4:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe both boats are E30s'. Its just the angle of the photos. Over a year ago a broker sent me an inventory with additional photos of the "Ginger" & she is an E30. (Lost all the photos in a computer crash)
Rod & I will try and look at the Yellow E30 which is the latest listing in Sydney.
Depends upon what she has and what her problems are, it could be a very cheap E30!
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  4:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost forgot, from memory, the Blue Book says that the E30 Mark 1 & the E28 are identical underwater.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris and all "Endeavourer's" the yellow boat "30 that has been advertised is in Middle Harbour. Apparently one of the partners has pasted away and now the boat is going to be sold. They are sending me photos which I will post.
Anybody interested ?
I think this could be a cheap boat.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  5:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasted away?

As in he died from glue sniffing?

[:-bonc01]

sorry

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.

Edited by - Sasha on 01 July 2005 5:36:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  5:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the looks of that Gladstone E30 the keel looks like an E28 but the rudder is way too short as what was on Bon Dobbie.

I took a load of below waterline photos, i will post one of the keel later.

It was nice to meet Adrian and thanks for puting on the nice weather.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  5:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gee David, I am looking forward to those shots of the underwater line of the '28
Would love to compare.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  5:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sasha, you are a worry ??

after that post !!

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2005 :  6:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am comparing the photos of that E30 and Bon Doobie and there are a few differences.

It is hard as the E30 photo is not the best quality but a few things that look different are that the hull line from the back of the keel to the skeg on the 30 is straight on BD it is tapered. The skeg is a totaly differenf shape and the rudder is flat at the back (the rudder may be at an angle) where the one on BD comes out past the transom but even allowing for an angle change they do not seem to be the same shape.

Maybe i better not post photo's

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2005 :  10:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been in contact with the owner of the yellow E30 laying in Middle Harbour. Kevin & I will be having a look at her tomorrow morning at the Rowers Club Wharf, the Spit at 9.00am.
If anyone is interested they are welcome to join us. The boat is named the Walrus and was previously the Sygnet. She has a new 20HP diesel, a new main and three headies, one kite & one blooper. The hull in is good condition and she is an early Mark 1, home finished. According to the owner.
Chris. 0416108639.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.25 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06