Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 NEW BIG BOATS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2007 :  10:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attention world ,,the word is gunwale NOT gunnel... I thought it was time i came out of retirement and resumed my stirrers role...E.H
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2007 :  10:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The USS Gunnel was a WWII submarine that served with great distinction in both securing the Atlantic trade routes and the North Africa campaign. At the time she was one of the heaviest subs in the US fleet.
Thus Chris is saying that he wishes a battle-ready, heavier then expected and not-afraid-to-get-submerged crew member.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  12:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Errrr....Gentlemen and Eric, I too at times flinch and grind my teeth at some of the spelling and syntax I come across from day to day....not just this website but from tertiary educated (??) resident medical officers, who should know better. This is of course a by product of my vicious and perverse English master at high school, Archie Simpson, ace shot with the duster or chalk, handy with the birch (yes, birch!!) and quite happy to dole out detentions until such time as the english was learned proper. This often cut into sailing on a pleasant late afternoon on the Swan in a VJ or 14 footer, so I resolved to try and live up to his high standards.
Ergo, gunnel, gun'l, gunwale or even sometimes gunwhale is ok, meaning the place where a gun was mounted....this might be of the explosive kind, or maybe just a highly skilled person in the vernacular sense thesedays. In any event, Chris we know what you mean. Eric, good luck in trying to raise the bar on this site, remember though, we are Endeavourites because of our diversity and love of the simple things in life, value for money and a good time....Nobel leaureates we are not.
Rob

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Robert,
Did you really sail Australian Fourteen Footers on the Swan River? I raced the beasts for nearly thirty years and competed a single national on the Swan many years ago. Still am the proud owner of a 14 footer, which I can no longer sail but cannot bare to part with.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

doc
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
146 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  1:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favourite one was 'antifowl' which popped into a thread a while back. Just loved Sascha's resultant speculations about aquatic chickens ...

Steve (Echo)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  3:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, yep, a not so gentle transition from a VJ, the choice then was either skates or 14's. I chose the latter cos they looked like more fun, and I was getting sick of leaning planks and the resultant bum rash. I remember so many crashes and burns, flying headlong into an unforgiving main on capsize (remember, I wear glasses!), breaking wooden centreboards trying to right the craft, and unbelievable broad reaches with everything humming (including the anal sphincter)with the boat right on the edge. I think that's why I like the same on the E24, it's the closest I can get to those halcyon days. I can understand you not wanting to sell the beast, they were always top fun. There is still a good size fleet here out of the Perth Dinghy Sailing Club, they roar past us downwind on certain courses and my heart skips a beat.
Rob

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  5:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert,
Two of my partners aboard the Hagar, Andy & Rod sailed 14's longer than me! They have eazed back and race 16s' on Saturdays & the Hagar on Friday nights & Sundays. A great life if you don't weaken. Can go for hours telling stories of 14 race and crashes, binges & adventures. Learnt the hard way on how to not cart-wheel down wind with the big kite in a 14. Pull the main on block to block and give it all to the kite. A bit dicy on the bottom mark drop & rounding though.
Regards, Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gee Guys, how good was the VJ. I would think most sailors have had some time as a kid on a VJ. I am just thinking I started on a VJ in 1961. I think we needed 4 good strong men too pick it up. I graduated to a Fairbrother hull called "Wipe Out". I thought I was crash hot on it. Then the Old Man he is now dead and was a past President of the VJ Assoc anyway we got hold of "Triad" you old VJ sailors remember John Bertram won the Aust Champship in Perth. We got it 12 month later. Great Hull.
We then graduted to VS's and now thats another story with the development of the new design in about 1970. Problem, they are not around now.
So now we sail Endeavours.
cheers,

"Splinter"

Edited by - Splinter on 28 April 2007 12:21:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  9:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin,
I learnt to sail a VJ aged 14 about 1952. I sailed around the state at various venues including Botany Bay, Georges River, Palm Beach, Vaucluse, Port Hacking, Terrigal and Toukley, and of course Lake Macquarie my home base. The next year we took our VJ to Melbourne to sail in the Nationals without success. Of interest, I think it was 1954, I won the first heat of the Junior State Championship at Ramsgate, Botany Bay in very light conditions. On the second day I didn't fare so well in strong north breezes reminiscent of the last Endeavour National sailed at the same venue. The winner was a young sailor named Bob Holmes.
Ah what memories.
PS. VJs are still sailed on Lake Macquarie.
Adrian

Edited by - Go Flow on 27 April 2007 9:14:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2007 :  11:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about the time about a hundred years ago when acouple of us mounted the small rig from a 12ft skiff (140 sq ft) onto an old V J and roared up and down the parramatta river in a strong westerly...LOTSAFUN for a while until total disintegration,dem was d days
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2007 :  11:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,
I remember a so called modified VJ along these lines getting some publicity. Later on the bigger VJ or Skate caught on. I never owned one of these but sailed some owned by my friends.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

RoaDKiLL
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
116 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2007 :  2:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see RoaDKiLL's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Simmons

Ergo, gunnel, gun'l, gunwale or even sometimes gunwhale is ok, meaning the place where a gun was mounted....this might be of the explosive kind.
Rob

Guys, trust Rob when he is talking about explosives. He tried to sink Weinglas pre-start with a well placed grenade last week :D

[img]http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/rdk_aus/weinglas/th_weinglas01.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2007 :  3:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Tried" doesn't get my trust. If he wanted to and succeeded, then I would trust....

_
Go to Top of Page

RoaDKiLL
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
116 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2007 :  10:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see RoaDKiLL's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he threw me a spare lighter because mine had gone dead and it exploded in the cockpit.

[img]http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/rdk_aus/weinglas/th_weinglas01.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2007 :  01:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm...so a warning shot, then. Okay, fair enough.

_
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2007 :  6:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enough "small-talk" from you small boat owners! Today sees the magnificent SPLINTER appear on the Boatpoint web-site for sale.
While there are eight boats listed, the first 30' is not an Endeavour Yacht, but an interloper from MacKay. The last E30 has already been sold and now the E28 Bon Doobie has also been sold.
There are two E30's, one E28 & two E27s' for sale on this site as well as another E28 in Western Australia on another site.
The Splinter is listed at $55,800.00 odd and I know that Kevin will take reasonable offers in the mid $40K area. I have inspected her on two occasions and she is set up to race and needs very little. She is a Mark 1 and is set up identically to the Hagar IV, with heaps of bunks, ten I think? She has a larger and more powerfull diesel, a 22HP Nani.
So go and have a perve!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2007 :  5:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a shortcut link to the Boatpoint for Splinters advert:

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBoatID=2558907&TabID=3338&Alias=boatpointau

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2007 :  10:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I paid a deposit on an Adams 31 centre cockpit today.
I would have liked to stay with an Endeavour but a months research failed to find a Endeavour of comparable value.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2007 :  07:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Adrian,
Had a perve at the Adams 31 and they are a nicely fitted out boat. We are sorry that you are leaving the Endeavours and were looking forward to having some more competition i the Big Boat Fleet.
Good luck with you new purchase.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  8:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adian,
You should have a look at the E32 on the Gallery. She is the Pegasus which Rod & I inspected about a year ago. She is remarkably similar in appearance to your Adams 31. Centre cockpit, aft accomedation and similar layout.
Rod was crazy about her and he actually talked about buying her and adding her to our fleet.
Between the owners of the Hagar we are the proud owners of two 16 foot kiffs, one 14 foot skiff, one Manly Junior as well as the E30, Hagar IV.
The Adams 31 E32 look remarkably similar in profile. Too bad you wont' be a able to race the Adams at the Endeavour Regattas.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.22 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06