Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2005 :  8:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how many users on this site or members of the Endeavour association have E28's and where they are.

There's Bon Doobie in Sydney, Scotch Mist in Melbourne and i think Elf is a 28 ?

Are there any others. Noticed that the 28 that was for sale in Qld (Impulse)has been sold.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?

Tony Bright
F'ore'ard Hand

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  1:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tony Bright's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi David

I believe the one sold in Brisbane was the red one. Another one has come up in Brissy. Its yellow and its on www.yachthub.com for $32k. Looks OK. I don't know of any others on Westernport or Port Phillip but Sasha would probably know.

Tony
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  2:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There were two E27-s and an E28 at Hobsons bay a while ago. I know at least one of the 27's went away.

I think there is an E28 at Blairgowrie, but I was not looking too hard as I was busy shivering a lot (dinghy ride back from unsuccesfully trying to find a winch handle. Floating winch handles are GOOD).

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have enquired about the Moonlight Lady which has been for sale for some time. Looks good in the photos outside but a little bit of work required on the inside.
Have photos if anyone is interested.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  6:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Second Fling is an E28 owned by David Walton at Sydney Amateurs. David is a regular at Endeavour Regattas. There is another on Lake Macquarie that looks a little different and has been suggested as the plug boat. Mahogany planked?
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  7:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We could have another discussion on the yellow Endeavour on Yachthub, i think its a 27.
By the look of the layout and the motor is said to be under stair well.

Any opinions.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  7:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A number of the 28's had there engines moved into the "traditional" position under the stairs for various reasons, I am told. The guys at Sandringham performed that very operation a couple of years ago and "know the routine". It apparently improves access (the fuel tank then went in under the V berth for weight stabilisation) and also meant that the floor could be lowered a few inches for more headroom.
I have to admit that my personal preference would be to do exactly that, mostly for the improved access (though I suspect the 30's have the best engine access with just having to lift off the table and having 360degrees of work space)

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  8:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I believe the yacht on Yachthub is an E28. But I still stand by my assertion that the yacht at Gladstone is an E28! Could someone please go and have a look!
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  8:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about the weight stabilisation, this boat has the nose up ready for take off and transom on the water.

Maybe carrying a lot of gear for cruising.

But by the look of the interior photos they allready have the vee berth packed aswell.

I can see the point about the extra headroom,
but would you go with the expense for the gain?

David.

Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2005 :  8:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I give up. the yacht at Gladstone is an E30. But the transom is different to Walrus. Is it the difference between a Mark 1 and a Mark 2.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Tony Bright
F'ore'ard Hand

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2005 :  5:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tony Bright's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sasha

Don't know if you know of another E28 in Blairgorie but Mist origionally came from their 5 years ago and still sports their sail #3717.

As far as moving the motor from the V berth, I can imagine it would be a big operation. In the case of Mist... transfere the water and fuel from the 1/4 berths forward (and plumbing) and the motor aft (and exhaust , controls etc). As well moving the batteries which are also under the V berth (and associated electrics) For the sake of 2.5 " of head room.

The noise level in the cockpit is very low with the motor at the other end.

Has anybody done this and was the result better, worse, indifferent?

Tony

Go to Top of Page

lmckay
Deck Hand

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2005 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I own an Endeavour 28 called "Stealaway" which is moored near the bridge at Toronto.
I've had it for almost 2 years now and its in fairly good condition. I'm setting it up for single-handed sailing. Hopefully might make it to Botany Bay on the October long weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2005 :  6:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you Mac it encouraging that more of the bigger yachts are coming to the regatta. There are three E27s' in North Harbour, with loads of 26's & 24's as well as our own E30, Hagar IV.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2005 :  8:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope to see you there, it would be good to have another E28, we can't let the 30's have it all there own way.

David.

Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2005 :  12:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been on my Waterways mooring for 2 weeks now and sailed up the other end of the bay yesterday to hoist the sails and i found ELF, what a small world.

David.

Go to Top of Page

elf
F'ore'ard Hand

17 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2005 :  9:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David,
Elves tend to live in small worlds, Good to hear your in the area, Did you see my dodger blowing in the wind. Im getting a quote for a new dodger and and puting her in for a clean and foul this week, getting ready ready for the 40th, we d'ont want the maxi's (30s) out numbering us, they have the feet but we have the style and grace.

Steve

Its too late when your dead.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2005 :  9:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was still attached on Saturday.

Glad to here you are going, i think that's 4 28's turning up.

I have to get antifouled before Oct, as i don't want to be the only dirty bum 28.

Have spent most of my time getting the feel of her, but she is as slow as sponge at the moment,but i am working on it.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Graeme Watson
Helmsman

Australia
253 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my Oct copy of Cruising Helmsman and on page 27 there is a picture of a 28 called Solander and it has a forsale notice on it. It is under a topic called Getting it to Cruising The write up on the photo is good but I have not read the story yet.
Graeme
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2005 :  8:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw her on boatpoint, i think she is up in Pittwater from memory, they were asking 32K and i think it has been sold.

Maybe there is a way that the Endeavour club could promote through brokers, is all we would be asking is to notify the new owner that there is an association that promotes this vessel.

This may also help the broker in the sale of the boat as the buyer knows there is help and an active club to join.

David.

Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2005 :  7:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was just thinking, how many E28's were actually built?

Col might know.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2005 :  8:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not many, in the teens I think - they were originally called (and marketed)the "Northener 28"

I only know this cause I sailed on the first one ever built, it belonged to Reg's brother Albert - I used to sail with his son - I think he had it for only a short time - don't recall the name or the time frame (either I'm gettin old - or - I should not have done all those things ya do when your young - and buggered up my grey matter!!!! :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.2 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06