Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ianwwatson
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
54 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  12:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G'day Col, I hate to be picky but I must correct you on this point. The Northerner 28 was actually the predecessor to the Compass 28.
The hull is identical with a modified topsidesin the Compass. The only reason I know this is that I was going to buy a Compass 28 and looked at the alternative of the Northerner to save some money. As it ended up I got Eliza Hawkwind
instead. I think I read up the history on the Compass 28/29 website.

Good sailing, Ian W Watson.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  1:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stand corrected!
Told ya - too much interfering with the grey matter!! :)
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  6:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, down at the PMYC - PH to-day and Paul Minter was re rigging at '28 "Solander". apparently the owner is away and I will catch up with him shortly to see if he wants to come up to the Lake.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Sheet Hand

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2007 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kevin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are two 28s at Gosford Sailing Club.

Scotch Mist has been racing successfully for a while now.

Electra (needs a new name) is now being prepared for racing.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2007 :  3:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And who are the proud parents, owners of this fine craft?
Have seen her advertised at times on the web-sites and she is a good looking E28. Hope to see you at the next Regatta, hopefully the Easter Lake Mac bash.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2007 :  5:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scotch Mist is the boat that came up form Melbourne and belongs to one of the folks on this list (And someone that used to be crew on an E26 here).

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2008 :  12:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The E28 referred to in a 2005 posting by Adrian, the "Final Fling" and owned by David Walton was the the only E28 to compete in the 2008 Lake Macquarie Endeavour Nationals.
This craft is a most interesting vessel and while I did not get aboard her Rod Childs did and says that she is nicely set-up and comfortable. She has the engine in the normal spot up the bow under the quarter berth there and with the prop shaft running over the keel.
Rod also mentioned that she had more headroom space than other E28s' which he has been aboard.
When speaking to David, the owner he said that the the Final Fling was only about 27 feet six in overall length and that she had an E30 deck mould and transum.
In fact she looks a lot like a shortened E30.
David also said that the keel was like an E26's straight up and down.
We suspect that she was a precursor to the E28s' which came after the E30's.
She is a very nice looking craft.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

scotch
Deck Hand

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2008 :  10:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scotch Mist (E28) is also now up on Lake Macquarie. Having brought her up from Gosford just before Christmas, sadly we didn't get organised in time for the Nationals last month but are now sailing her out of the RMYC Toronto on Wednesdays and looking forward to the next Endeavour event we can get to.

Cheers
Mark & Deb
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2009 :  2:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay Guys,
How is the Scotch Mist racing at Toronto following your good performance at the Nationals in January? Wish that you were here sailing with us at North Harbour. We have a three way tussle each race and seem to share the honours, although David's 31 foot Carmen has fallen off the pace after the return of the two Endeavours from the nationals. The close racing has sharpened our skills and speed.
We would like to hear how the Scotch is doing?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2009 :  9:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,
Mark continues ti improve after the Nationals. He won in a very narrow finish last Wednesday.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.08 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06