New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2005 :  8:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to find out what is the displacement for the E28, so that i can work out the screening test to prove that i don't need to get a rollover test done to prove the self righting ability of Bon Doobie.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2005 :  11:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
according to the big blue book. displacement is 3175kg. C.I ballast is 1315kg.
other useful measures are.
L.O.A 8.5M
L.W.L 7.2M
BEAM 2.9M
DRAUGHT 1.57M

Hope that helps.

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 07 August 2005 :  8:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sasha.

According to the calculations i have a SV (screening value) of 7.57, and i am led to believe that if it's under 14 your ok, so i shouldn't have a problem.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2005 :  4:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dav, I would believe that there would have to be righting values available either through Col or Reg, these were done a design stage. I got mine about 4 years ago and they have never been qwuestioned. We race Cat 3, and our rating exceed most modern yachts. It is not a problem, I would think all Endeavours would have a very high value.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2005 :  5:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right Kevin, I exceed it by heaps but Sasha looked through the blue book once before and could not find anything for me on the 28's righting values.

So if i throw a load of numbers and calculations around like i know what i am talking about they will pass me(i hope).

And at the end of the day i will just tell them it's an "Endeavour" enough said.

Are the Blue Books back in production yet?

David.

Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2005 :  6:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dav, the info does not come from the Blue book, it's promo and great reading about Endeavours. It has the original broachers for Endeavours and great articles.
Get technical what you want is different. Ask Col Cole and you should come up with the info. It must be available.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2005 :  9:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the info I gave certainly did come from the blue book (The E28 cutaway diagrams, brochure and review). I would give a page number if the book had page numbers (that needs to be fixed for the next edition!).

I have been well and truly through it and there is no righting data for any of the models.

Sasha

_
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2005 :  9:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct me if i am wrong(i most probably will be).

But i was told that this happened to a diferent make of boat, where as it was possible to buy in kit form it made it hard for the manufacturer to give a righting values as they did not know the fit out and all up weight and ballast ratio.

This is the same with Endeavours, except the 28 which i read on the forum here was a total factory fit out not able to be bought in kit form.

So maybe this is why there is nothing mentioned in the blue book.

David.

Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2005 :  10:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the brochure, you could buy an E28 in a vaguely completed kit form. In other words, the hull/deck was already complete and the keel was already bolted on, you just got to outfit the sails, electrics and instruments (and the galley, I guess).

But yeah, having seen some of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Endeavours out there, for things as sensitive as righting tests and certain class racing weigh ins, there would be a pretty vast amount of variation across the fleet.

The 32 we looked at a while ago had a very short, fractional rig on it, but with a longer then usual boom. That would kind of change things a bit!

But for general info like displacement and such, the measures given are near enough for rock and roll, I think.

Sasha

_
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.22 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06