Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 SAILING REPORTS ON '30's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2005 :  4:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just thought we could start a new topic on on what we are up to each weekend. We all do such a diverse range of activities with our yachts. Ian in Hobart races Non Spinnaker on the Derwent, Swannie and Katioa on Lake Macquarie more Cruising than racing, and Ando still working on his. I think he could be the grey fox we have to look for at our next meet.
Copie & Associates with Hagar are racing out of North Harbour and seems to rescue more skiffs than doing off shore racing. OK, take the bag out of Copie but he loves his racing and now his '30.
So we get serious, what a weekend !, "Gale warnings" so we all sat on the balcony at the RM all deflated, NO racing, all the lunches were ready, beer cold and no were to go.
So I got the call Daniel my 11 year old son was going to bat up at the local Cricket team so I though No Sailing, I would go up and see him bat. So, 2 hours sitting in the sun and the game was over and Daniel is still sitting on the side lines. I must admit the grass was growing and more interesting than the Cricket.
Well last weekend was a right off, although I caught up with some great friends on the balcony at the RM in the afternoon.
So no racing for 2 weeks as we race every 2nd Saturday, next week is the 2 handed series, I won't be involved as I am setting up our weekender down at Lake Conjola. Another story but that is God's Country.
By the way has any body ever punched into Goggle "God's Country" - see what you get. We live there.
cheers,

"Splinter"

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2005 :  6:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Kevin, is a good Summery subject and no doubt will cop a canning. The Hagar will be sailing at least twice a week on Fridays in the Manly Yacht Club Twilighters as well as the Sunday races at North Harbour. And on alternate Sundays we will be at the Manly Yacht Club for their off shore races, which I think number six. The boys are keen to do the Batmans Bay Regatta in the New Year.
There are always spar spaces for those who would like a ride on an E30.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2005 :  6:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Chis, I think I will have to rev up my crew and get Cat 3 again and we will be there beside you guys.
Have spoken to the "Wench" crew from Batemans and they would like a ride down the Coast.
Will sort out over the next month. Sounds good fun for early January.
But make some bookings shortly. (We have ours)
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2005 :  6:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,
A ride would sound nice, but do you have somewhere more comfy for guests to sit than on the spar.[:-bigeyes2]

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2005 :  6:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, E30s' gunnels are round, dry & comfortable. No spay & definatly no waves over the Hagar during the complete long weekend. You are more than welcome to come out for a ride.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Marshall
Sheet Hand

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2005 :  8:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Firstly Thanks for a great weekend.Get organised for the the 50th I will bring my boat up.It all starts this week, Friday Twilight,Sunday Ladies sail day.Wed 19th midweek twilight,plenty of races from here on.
Ian
ZERO BALANCE
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2005 :  5:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I did not sail on the Hagar in Sundays race at North Harbour. Rod steered with Andy on board and a few extras. Rod rang me last night & I recieved a brief report on how they went. It was a handicap start & they went off 30 minutes after the 27 footer & I don't recall any further reports of other boats. I will have to lever Rod into puting together a more detailed report. They finished ten minutes behind. Rod did say, "we need a new mainsail".
Which I concur with, but also a number 1,2 & a blade headsails.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Marshall
Sheet Hand

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2005 :  9:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a great weekend,first on handicap in friday night twilight out of 19 boats.Sunday was another great day with Susan winning the Ladies Sail Day,12 entrants in all.After her effort we have a new forward hand, ME.
Ian
ZERO BALANCE
ps She thinks we need a new No 2
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2005 :  5:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Ian, Good to hear that you are flying the flag of the E30s' in your territory. We are currently planing our future racing for the season around our own Clubs bi-weekly events & we may get a new main in the near future.
Are there any other E30s' still about in Tasmania? It was mentioned by Reg that he sold quite a few down there in the 7os'.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNSTON
Helmsman

Australia
258 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2005 :  6:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ian, have you stripped the interior out and bought carbon sails? Well done on the results. How about coming over and doing a pennant with the half tonners at the BYC, RYCT or DSS. You could still get in on the half tonne championships - the half tonne association is very active and has a selected series of races across the major cubs pennants in those. If I see you out and am sailing on a "H" boat, I will make sure we take notice of which way you go given your form!

Leigh Ex E30 MkII "Caroline" Hobart
Go to Top of Page

Ian Marshall
Sheet Hand

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2005 :  9:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leigh,we are doing the BYC Twilight wed night.It will be interesting how we go in the half tonne div.
Ian
ZERO BALANCE
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2005 :  08:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, well what could anybody say about yesterday, to start will lovely warm day with 10-15 NE through to 180 deg wind shift to the south and then get a complete drenching with lightning & thunder. (would have though we we in Melbourne)
We had a 3 lap windward/leeward course on Bate Bay. The first lap was great and we were in the middle of the fleet and took great advantage of the out going tide. lap 2 I tried to get clean air in the middle of the Bay and a clean run up to the sea mark. Mistake OK for the big boats but the 30 did not have enough water and we got creamed. Lap 3 we had every different condition that one would not want. With a #1 up wind got up to about 20 knts so we changed down to #3 and then the closer we got to the sea mark the wind was dying off as the front came in so we popped the kite and looking towards the finishing line about 2 miles away all was going a dark Blue/Green and we were not happy. had the kite for about 1/3 of the way then got a 180 deg wind shift with the change good thing we had the #3 on the deck. we then had about 20 knt on the nose then nothing but heavy rain, thunder & lightning everywhere. Very pleased to make it to the finishing line, quickly dropped all sails and made it to the mooring as quick as possible.
We all just sat in the cabin with the warmth of the engine and let the storm go over.
Will have to go down this morning to pack the wet sails.
Got 19th out of 29 boats in the Combined and 15th out of 22 with RMYC fleet.
All concidered, I was happy with that and got no damage.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2005 :  08:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We saw the storm from the harbour, we were on the edge of he storm band and did not get it. Is all we got was the no wind for about 40 min then the wind shift from the SE as the storm went out to sea. The breeze was only around 8-10 in the harbour, but during the calm i went opposite and and changed upto my #1 and low and behold when the wind came up caught the fleet and came 1st on handicap.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2005 :  09:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, we got mildly drizzled on, but it was a very pleasent day on Port Phillip Bay in Melbourne.
The waves were nearly non existent, the wind was around 6-10 and though we got a bit of a lightning show, the heavy black clouds stayed over the city and western subs. The medium drizzle lasted about 15-20 minutes.

"By Jingies" has had a transformation of sorts. I brought down my mainsail from Fortis and it was fitted after determining that it was the same size. Kieth's dreadful main turns out to have more roach, but has lost so much stiffness that it was basically just flopping about and destroying the release of air even more.

I also took a shifter to the rigging and tightened up the forestay considerably. Tried to tighten the backstay but it was already maxed out (the rigger is already booked). The shrouds were a bit of a problem as they had the turnbuckles fitted every-which-way (it pays to decide which way is "up" when fitting turnbuckles, so that clockwise is always "tighten" on all of them). Many of the turnbuckles were corroded to their locking nuts and the squeels as a couple tunrned indicated they had not been lubed in forever. It all needs to go.

Finally, I added a "bimbo seat" to the aft rail so that Margaret had somewhere comfortable to sit and not "do anything" (A promise exacted by both Kieth and I before okaying her sailing in her condition...But she really wanted to). Old lifejackets make excellent cushions for the bimbo seat, by the way.

Anyway, with the lufftrack on the heady no longer sagging and the newish main from Fortis in place the boat was suddenly transformed! very little tilting over in a reach, much more "forwards" push form the sails working properly. No rounding up at all, even in the one gust as te wind shifted conveniently for the return home. The underside still needs a clean and that is happening shortly...but she performed like a whole different machine and was in fact....remarkably similar to Fortis in stability and performance.

The next two-hander race is 6November...I have serious hopes of not being last!

This has been and incredibly valuable object lesson in "before and after" type boat tuning, in seeing an E26 go from one extreme hopefully towards the other. Very valuable learning experience. Six clockwise turns of a turnbuckle is the difference between a headsail working properly and actually being a liability. Kind of puts the "just sail it till it breaks" school of thought into perspective.

Sasha.

PS Margaret is having the best night's sleep in three months after the sail. Maybe this technique should be part of standard pregnancy education.

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNSTON
Helmsman

Australia
258 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2005 :  11:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to work both days this weekend, but the Hobart newspaper this morning reported on two dismastings on boats I know, one crew member injured and one of the boats I normally sail on winning their division. This was a long distance race run by the Bellerive Yacht club as part of their summer pennant - the course went from a start line on the eastern shore of Hobart down the Derwent River, around the Iron Pot lighthouse, across the top end of Storm Bay and around Black Jack Reef (the one the huge Aluminium Catamaran ran up onto and got stuck years ago for those who have seen the photos), then back over to the Bruny Island shore and return right up the Derwent River to finish off the eastern shore. Both the dismasted boats were fractional with runners. On one the back stay let go on a run and it snapped off close to deck level (noone injured), on the other apparently the runner got stuck under the boom and it was a choice of either running aground on Black Jack reef or going back with no runner on (result was a loss of mast but hull intact). The boys on the boat I sail on were very happy with their win, but sad to see another in their division dismasted. We are a long way further south that you guys.......

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2005 :  4:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have been feeling somewhat poorly this afternoon, just sitting hear reading all the sailing Reports & trying to type up some stimulating short stories of interest. What is wrong with my mind & body???

The problem I have self diagnosed is,,,,that I have not been sailing on the Hagar in three weeks!!!
Its' a problem, like an addict who needs his sailing "fix".
There is no dodging it, I will just have to go out on the Hagar tomorrow afternoon come hell or high water.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2005 :  4:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A thought just occured to me, Chris.
A freind of our neighbour's saw my collection of dinghy hullsa and such in the front yard and offered me what he said was a sailboard mast he had lying around form his house's previous owner.
Being of the opinion that a long carbon stick never goes astray and rarely needs feeding I of course said yes.
I collected it today, and unless king kong rides a wind surfer, that is not what it is off. It is 15feet and two inches long, has a label that is somewhat faded but I can make out the words constant flex. It is a simetrical tapering mast made of black carbon and glass tape. Is it off one of those there 16footer flying machines you used to play Russian roulette on?

It has no track and neither masthead nor mastfoot. just the tube.

Just wondering about its origins.

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNSTON
Helmsman

Australia
258 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2005 :  6:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today (Monday) I went looking around the slipways at the yacht clubs (two are side by side in Sandy Bay in Hobart) and a mate of mine asked why Louise and I weren't awy on "Caroline". Good question really - today is my 1st day off (of three and a half) and Louise doesn't have to work until Wednesday. We trimmed our bloody great hedge today when we could have been away on the boat. Tragic really after I was lamenting having to work while everyone else was racing at the weekend......

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2005 :  08:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Sasha,
Your carbon mast is interesting. If it is carbon it will be worth something. I have a carbon blank last under my house which I bought in a past life for the 14 foot skiff. It has nothing on it & been sitting there collecting cobwebs for about five years. I paid about $1,500. You can glue or rivet on a track for the main or have a sleeved mainsail as with the lazers or wind surfers. Your mast may have been for a lazer or something larger without a headsail. You could cut it up & make it into a kite pole.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2005 :  8:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, with the weekend approaching I am starting to think "What's on" I could do the Long Race to the Harbour & return 50 n Miles and get back mid night or early morning and being stuffed for Sunday.
No, I think I will take off Friday arvo to Conjola, do a few chores then settle in for a good weekend. Maree will bring the kids down after cricket (Who invented this game !!) Love one day matches but I have to mow the lawn instead of watching it grow.
So no sailing this weekend even though I have had phones call re the Kids Club, Burraneer Bay Sailing Club will be opening there season shortly. Had a few hitches this year re Insurances so we are late. But Better late than never.
So I think I will have to go cut the grass, catch a few bream and have a few beers. Well it's been years and I think I will enjoy.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 October 2005 :  8:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This coming weekend the Hagar Boys will be spread out. I have knocked back a Saturday steer of Andys 16. They are just not the same as 14s' and I always get busted up. Too old & grumpy! Rod & I will be racing on the Hagar IV at North Harbour on Sunday morning, so Saturday is sleep in, R & R with a bit of mowing around our yards late in the day or maybe familying.
I still have to go down & retrieve the new kite pole which needs 20cm shaved off the ends.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.41 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06