Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 SAILING REPORTS ON '30's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2008 :  08:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK where to start!
No nothing bigger than a 26 to the titles - sorry - but that is a sign of the times! (hold that thought)
The Rhumbline boys maybe hiring a 26 so that they can have some match race sailing (their words not mine) again sorry Copey.

New sails huh! did we even ask John Hearne for a quote? still if you don't want the best well that your buss :)

Now if the cancellation of races due to predicted adverse weather upsets persons!! such persons should join the board of directors of their probably volenteer run club and take a look at the ramifications those directors (still acting in the running of a club - your club - for you to use and have organised races) may face should the worst happen.

Yes it is unfortunate for those wanting experiance in fresh weather, yes it is a pain to go to the club (remember the mostly volenteer run club that you use every week)only to be told that racing is cancelled - but hey if your there beating your chest and its only blowing 30knots why not go for a spin? yeah right I'm betting its on the piss or go home and mow!

If you want a solution to the problem (and as stated there is only one, in the litegese confines that our sport operates in) GET OFF your collective I want, they should, why don't they, whineing membership butts and BECOME part of the running of YOUR club.

Way way to easy to back stab and critisize the very few who try to do the best by all members - either put up or shut up or go cruising I reckon.

Colin Cole
Commodore BBYC
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2008 :  3:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Colin, or should I say "Commodore Coal", we are a little terse are we not? May I remind you that Childs and self run NHSC. It is not the committees we are having a go at, it is the do gooders who do not race like insurance companies and government departments don't we know? Who make sailing appear to be dangerous, expensive and exclusive!
Too bad about the Rhumline boys not racing in their 27 they were good competition. Their problem was the new jib which we got last year which made us point very high. Good luck to them in the E26 class.
As far as sails go we are more than happy with our current sail maker who won Rod three E26 nationals. We have to make some decisions about sail cloth for a new mainsail next week.
Last night it was poring with rain and no wind so we pulled the pin on the twilighter race.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2008 :  7:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Col, I am in the process of formulating a document that may well put some noses out of joint,but i am a fully qualified %#@ stirrer and who knows how much stirring i have left in this old body...I may have to move to B
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2008 :  7:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dunno what happened there ,praps im too feeble to press the right buttons.. It was meant to say Botany Bay.........EH
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  06:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be nice to have you here Eck! BUT - I doubt that the commodore could handle another stirrer :)
Indeed the commodore has been a little terse of late - lots of "we want, why don't you, we should" going on at BBYC with very few to follow through!! Argh the joy of small club admin huh.
Sorry for the broadside Copey I am well aware of yours and Rods efforts at your own club and the association - just needed to vent - don't you know :)
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2008 :  10:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Colin, I didn't realise you had risen to such dizzy heights. Unfortunately, while rank has its privileges, it also has the attraction of being the backstop for the proverbial buck. On the bright side, I shall try and be cordial to you at the Lake, and not compete with you in the slurring competion under the influence of various stupefying fluids this year. If it makes you feel any better, we have the the same "duty of care" problem over here, with the day's sailing being cancelled at the whim of a forecast and what could happen. I think we are mostly more protected here on the Swan than you on the Harbour (?)as well, and the cancellation usually is founded upon "30+kts off Rottnest". Well, by the time the Doctor reaches to the coast, then hits the convection, then twists around various suburbs, it's nowhere near 30kts. It's perfect weather for those less experienced to experiment with more twist, pinching up over waves and so on. Usually a few venture out anyway, have a great time, and are better for the experience.

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  4:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hay there Commy Cole!
Just how many dark & Stormy's had you consumed the other night?
Childsy & I are looking forward to racing with the E26's at Lake Macquarie in 2009. It will be nice to have some close competition.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2008 :  11:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Col, You missunderstand me , i'm stirring to try and get some action on things that get heard but never acted on , when i was working we had badges that said '' YCDBSOYA '' which translates to ,you can do better so off your ar$#. I intend to submit this stuff to the AGM for the third time in the hope that i can find????????? somebody who cares,but my old head can only take so much wall banging EH.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  2:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, Eric, Head banging, now that explains a lot, don't we know!!!??
What about buttons? Now they are quite nice and can be worn with a range of attire. Or even Endeavour Bow ties whould be very nice indeedy!
Stuart off the Durmaresq has requested spider brand hats for our Club as they have very strong brims, don'tyouknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2008 :  2:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, do you still use buttons, I
thought zippers worked better
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2008 :  08:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Col, Sorry if I misled you, the AGM I previously mentioned is to be Gosford NOT the E.Y.A.A AGM... EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  05:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last nights twilighter at Manly saw a nice north easterly breeze and we sailed with our old number 1 jib and a full mainsail. We went down the run well and lost only two places on the reach to the bottom mark. We sailed upwind a little over powered at times with only three bodies on board. We were going well until we got an over-ride on the port side winch with the jib sheet. This little mishap cost us some space which we paid for loosing a few positions at the finish line, coming in mid-fleet.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  6:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today's race at North Harbour SC saw the usual starters with six boats in the two divisions. Rod was unavailable with family commitments and there was only three of the usual crew. The breeze was a light westerly which slowly swung to the south west. With the forecast predicted to go to 20 plus knots later in the day we decided to sail conversantly with the number two jib. coming out of middle harbour the southerly kicked in and the yachts in front with kites found themselves in trouble. We held off with the kite ready to go but found the wind continuing to shift to the south east and we came out of middle harbour hard on the starboard tack and alone in the lead. We continued to sail safe and with the others, including Dumerque behind us trying to carry kites on all the legs, we jumped away to win easily without even hoisting a kite.
Dumerque actually were about half a minute faster around the track, however as stated we sailed safe and were under no pressure to carry kites. It was the first time that a new hand, Ross Hooley steered the Hagar, so well done Ross.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2008 :  5:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight's twilighter race with Manly YC has been canned due to a lack of crew as well as the wild conditions. Pete has gone off to do a Yacht delivery from Coffs to Sydney for the Coffs Race, which both he and Rod will be crew members. Murray is off at Christmas cocktail parties and it was all too hard with a very stormy evening predicted.
There are no more races this year at North Harbour and so we will be using the next few twilighter races to tune up the Hagar and crew.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2008 :  10:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrows night twilighter race is the last for the season and it is shaping up to be a good solid southerly breeze from the Seabreeze Reports.
Hi there Stuart, what news on your house hunting? Is Jennifer Avenue a goer?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2008 :  10:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight's twilighter race at Manly started out with a gusty 20 plus southerly, however during the race the breeze moderated. The Hagars' handicap has not changed since the beginning of the year and we continue to finish mid fleet with all the big boats and lightweights.
Tonight we sailed with a reefed main and the number three head sail. It is amazing that we continue to find that the boat goes through the water up to half a knot quicker than with the full main. Our top speed on the wind is usually about 6 knots, however in stronger breezes and with a reefed main we are finding that we can get up to 6.5 knots. We are still trying to decide if the old main is just blown out or it is something else. Any suggestions?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Dumaresq
Main Sheet Hand

117 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2008 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Dumaresq an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Too many ales I think!!! Are you getting the same height?

Stuart

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/nthhbr/?albumview=link
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  07:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stuart,
I think that we are still pointing OK, could be that the old main is just blown out and in stronger winds it is stretching and not working efficiently?
How is the house hunting going? Are you racing in the Pittwater to Coffs in the big yacht?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  4:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last couple of weeks has been very quiet on the web site. I suppose that either everyone has gone off sailing, working on their boats, testing their new rigs and systems or perhaps have gone into retirement homes? Are you allowed to come out and play Eric?
Hello anyone?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2008 :  8:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, My mother warned me about strange men wanting me to come out to play,,,I too wondered where everyone had gone,praps they dont have anything to say,,,,surely there should be some gems coming out of the west,,,,,,,,,when Greg has finished you will hear about our great sprint races to day ...i know you just LOVE sprint races ..E H
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.2 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06