Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 SAILING REPORTS ON '30's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2010 :  07:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this weekend sees us having a quiet one with Rod at a wedding and myself picking up SWMBO'd from the airport last night. Now I was contemplating having the kids pick her up and sailing the twilighter until daughter number two reminded me that it was Mum's birthday.
Darn-it, they always remember dontyouknow!
We have no race this weekend but it will be business as usual next weekend with the Friday night twilighter and Sundays North Harbour race on the Sunday.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2010 :  09:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, you could always ponder the consequences if you had not been so reminded........
Daughter #2 perhaps should be rewarded.
Rob

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  03:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It make no difference Robert, I'm always in over my head and Number 2 is daddies girl and knows it when I'm stirring. It was daughter number three who took the bait hook line and sinker and showed outrage and righteous indignation on my comments!
The one and only son's comment was to the effect that it made no difference what we did or did not do, she who must be obeyed would always be unhappy and find fault.
Should have gone sailing!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  08:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The prescience of Solomon, that son of yours.....
Rob

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2010 :  03:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this weekend is shaping up well with the Manly twilighter race on Friday and then a Club Race at North Harbour on Sunday and now Rod informs me that the Dumeresqu boys are organizing a Regatta for Australia Day at North Harbour.
Will keep you informed re the Regatta.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2010 :  05:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night saw an uncertain breeze which was up to about 18 knots in gusts down the harbour and softening with bullets up towards Manly. There was quite a good sized fleet and with to novices on the bow we did reasonably well in our old bug gear to finish about eighth across the line out of about 30 yachts.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2010 :  12:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday's North Harbour race was a fizzer with no wind and just the odd puff. We were becalmed in the sound while trying to get into middle harbour for a long time and at about 1.30pm. after about two hours we pulled the pin and hoisted the iron sail and made for home. We left David out in front in his Carmen 31 with the Dumeresq boys chasing him. Went home about 4pm and never sighted the lads. They may be still becalmed somewhere on the harbour.
Another race is scheduled for Tuesday in the sloppy sound.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Dumaresq
Main Sheet Hand

117 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2010 :  9:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Dumaresq an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Copey the only odd puffs were coming from Rod and Pete's bloody cigarettes mate.

You have to finish the race to win it, we finished at 440pm and beat Dave home by 20mins after getting in front of him at Chowder Bay. You missed a great race. All the others fell by the weigh side, something about the cricket being on.

Tomorrow will the the new NHSC Annual Australia Day Regatta, three races windward leeward once around (Handicap Start). Every race you must have a different helmsperson. Starts at 11am, BBQ at the club straight atfer racing at around 1pm.

Stuart

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/nthhbr/?albumview=link

Edited by - Dumaresq on 25 January 2010 9:55:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  6:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tuesday's inaugural Australian Day Regatta at the North Harbour Sailing Club, while lacking breeze, mainly drifters. Was deemed to be a success and will no doubt be pencilled into next years seasonal events.
Due to the short courses and very light drifter and at times becalmed conditions we ended up running four instead of the scheduled three races. The starting area of Reef Beach was the devils triangle where the South and North Easterly breeze met and where we were starting.

Tom, in his lightweight bluebird was deemed to be the overall winner with Dumeresqu and John in his J24 fighting over the scraps. Phil Dawson in his big Catalina went well in the last heat as the breeze filled in. There were five competitors as well as two other Endeavour yachts watching. A local E26 & E27 who were passing buy.
We were all finished by 1.30pm and a BBQ at the club followed.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2010 :  1:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was no racing at North Harbour last Sunday and Friday night saw us out in 16 knot southerly. We were light on crew with Pete and young Michael both lightweights. We sailed with the number three kevlar blade which has been underused this year with all the light breezes. We should have been in the number two and got ourselves into a tangle with a pair of middle harbour Adams 10's which caused us to sail the wrong side of the course and put in some awful tacks. The Adams were not even in our race. We ended up coming tenth across the line out of 27 finishers.
This coming weekend will see us racing at North Harbour as well as on Friday night.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2010 :  03:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friday nights racing is shaping up to possibly be an exciting race with storms predicted from the affects of the ex-Qld. cyclone which is drifting south as a low-depression.
We have not raced in a big blow since last season and the Hagar likes heavy winds.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2010 :  5:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We canned Friday nights race due to the poor conditions and a business commitments from both Rod & myself.
Sunday saw better clearer conditions and a fair out-turn of yachts at the North Harbour SC race. We went off late in the handicap start in a light south easterly breeze. We quickly reeled in the leaders and with Dumeresq hot on our heels we led for most of the race until the Dumeresq passed us behind shark island as we rounded the western pole. We then duelled with the the boys downwind until the sound when we got under them in the sloppy conditions and ran away to finish by a minute in front. It was interesting that while the E24 were fully powered up with five bodies on board we in our E30 had only five as opposed to when at Gosford we sailed with six and were sailing quicker in similarly light conditions.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2010 :  02:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend's sailing is shaping up well with a southerly change predicted for tonight's twilighter race at Manly and a north westerly for the North Harbour race on Sunday. For some strange reason the weekends have been out of synchronization this season with light winds on the Sundays that we race and good breezes on the alternate weekends.
So we are due to have a string of good sailing conditions.
Stewart and the boys off the Dumeresq should be on their way to W.A. with the Dumeresq in tow.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Greg Lowe
Administrator

Australia
217 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2010 :  3:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Gosford team is also going over to give them some competition.
A hand picked team from 3 of the Gosford E26's helmed by myself is going over and chartering 3 Cheers, a local RPYC boat, to contest the nationals. The Gosford Endeavours Race Squad [the GoERS] are looking to spoil Dumaresq's National run and teach the WA sailors some of the finer points of rum drinking along the way.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2010 :  06:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck to you and the Goers Greg. Would you by any chance be taking that old winger, Eric with you or is he still building his new pine wood home?
Rod tells me that the Dumeresq is coming out of the water this weekend to be placed upon her trailer and all packed up for the haul across Australia. At this rate the Dumeresq could become the most travelled Endeavour in Australia.
We raced last night at Manly and had a good race, but due to the extended length of the course we were swallowed up by most of the big boats and finished mid-fleet.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Greg Lowe
Administrator

Australia
217 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2010 :  1:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric was invited to come over as tactician but he reckons he doesn't want us to have an unfair advantage. I suggested we needed every advantage possible but to no avail.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2010 :  5:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that Eca is not going west, it could do him a power of good.
We went out to the Hagar this morning and saw that the Dumaresq was still on her mooring but with the mast down and should to out of the water by now.
We ended up running away from David winning by over fifteen minutes in an dull and overcast day with shifting light conditions. Rod had insisted that we try out the re-cut new main and big jib and we seemed to be going really quick in the poor conditions.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2010 :  9:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im glad youre all so concerned about me and iwould love to go west but my daughter is arriving from the UK for two weeks on the 25th and i can see you blokes anytime . Thanks for you concern EH
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2010 :  8:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do hope Stew has not gone west without answering my text or contacting me first!!!!!!!!!!! Stewart!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2010 :  12:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well back to slander on home waters.
Despite the Race Secretaries keenness to noble the Hagar due to the thrashing he received last weekend at North Harbour, he increased our handicap by about eight minutes for yesterdays race. Even with yesterdays unfavourably light conditions we gave him a second taunting and beat him by about five minutes. However this was tempered by the fact that the Folk-boat, Houdini was out of sight and although there were cries from the other second division boats he had clearly won handsomely. David's 31 foot Carmen is going slower or the Hagar has sprouted underwater wings.
Next week is a weekend off sailing and we will be working under the watchfull eyes of our "She Who Must Be Obeyed's" in the garden, dontweknow!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.28 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06