Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 SAILING REPORTS ON '30's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

John Robert
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
59 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2011 :  1:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done on your new tender. Smart move. I noticed teh E30 Mk1 for sale at lamorre was sold recently. Anyone know how much it went for?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2011 :  10:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have not herd a tweet about the sale of the Serendipity. She was already listed at a cheep price and had fallen a lot over the past year. Hope to see her at the next Nationals at Gosford but do not know who made the purchase.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2011 :  1:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weekend saw no racing at North Harbour and we will be sailing a scheduled Club race this coming Sunday, I hope.
Saturday saw Rod, myseld and the Living Legend of out Club, Jim Buckland team up to compete in the Manly 16 foot Skiff Clubs annual Old Buffers race. Our combined ages comes to a tally of 180 years. An average of 60 years each.
We had the boat riged and as I squeezed into my shrunken wet-suit Rod recived a phone clall from the 16 Club across the water that the race had been abandoned!
Well! ... this was just too much for Jim and myself as we had gone to much trouble as well as expence to make it to this race. Jim dclared that as he had travelled to Sydney and that we were already rigged, we had to go for a sail, just to show thoase fancy freebooting "kids" at Manly how to sail.
And so we sallied forth on the waters of North Harbour. We found that the breeze was in the south with a hint of west in it. Once out in the open it was fresh, very fresh? dnotweknow?!! It was shifty, swirling and up to 30 knots. We were sheltered at the Club at North Harbour but could see the white caps at Manly and so we were in the secon rig. They only have two these days. Once inthe breeze we took off upwing and were flying along. Nwo I've not sailed a skiff in at least two years and Rod was most vocal ablut me not going out to the "wire" to steer. The boat was going well and smashing over and though the big swell with a lot of spray and it was sail by brail.
We got up under North Head and we turned her around and took off downwind for the ride of our old lives. Jim was keen to hoist the kite but as we were barely in control it did not seem to be an appropriate move, and considering Rod toll a moon walk right up the bow when we went down a big wave. We survived and when we got out of the big stuff, Jim annouced that we had to do it again so that he could put up a kite. However Rod was not interested and we returned to the safty and security of North Harbour SC and the fridge.
We unrigged and sallied forth to the 16's Club to share exagerated stories and, and there we were ect. as wel as free beer.
Later that nigh the three of us were again together at an old frends 60'th, but we did not last too long.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2011 :  8:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, The skiffs WERE a lot of fun a long time ago and it seems that you blokes are braver than me, i havent been that silly for eons....how about we design a seniors version...EH
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2011 :  09:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ecca, that would be recliner rockers (with seat belts) on gymbals, electric winches, full bar, serving wenches and so on? Sounds great!!
Rob.

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2011 :  8:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob,Would those wenches be two speed self tailing,or would the tailing be left to me,i think its a bit too late.....EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  6:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Eric,
I have again been recruited to drive the 16 foot skiff this weekend at Manly so it will be interesting to see how well I shape up the next day, Sunday, to sail aboard the Hagar.
Yesterday I helmed the Selkie, a J92 on the harbour out of the Royal Prince Edward YC. It was an amazing day with the wind from light to 30 knots as the westerly front ripped though the fleet. It is the second time only that I've helmed the Selkie and she is a lively little 30 foot performance yacht with a fractional rig and new carbon Short sails. We went well and took an early lead but could not keep out the Mazram 31 which has a carbon mast and outperforms us for height and speed upwind.
We finished second over the line and on handicap and out-sailed a large portion of the "A" fleet.
Carbon masts and synthetic composite rigging are the go with the rig being lighter and stronger than alloy and stainless.
The new TP52's are something to watch as they accelerate and clear out with the maxies, while the Farr 40s, two in the "A" fleet are also very fast with their carbon rigs.
Looking forward to the weekend and hope the body holds together. Have a big black bruise on my left arm which I did not notice until Monday night.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2011 :  7:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend saw Rod sailing with another skipper on the 16 foot skiff, and I got out of more body abuse. It was a 20 knot southerly with big waves. They did not finish with the centre board collapsing when they were two wiring downwind with the big kite on. The board, which was a foam carbon compsite bent and collapsed.
Today we sailed at North Harbour in a light southerly which tracked around to the east, northeast and filling into about 8 to 10 knots later. We sailed with our new Xillerate light-weight composite main & jib. We also used the single kite and later the new big kite. We had good boat-speed and finished third over the line being beaten by a new light-weight sports boat and a Cole 23 which sailed the short course. WE were very pleased with the new sails.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

John Robert
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
59 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2011 :  11:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to paste a PDF document into the forum? Is it possible?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2011 :  4:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night while attending the Monthly Club Board meeting we were looking at the Clubs race result board and have found that the member who has the Club Championship in his top pocket, may loose it to us! This is because he will miss the last two races and we only have to come fourth if he does not race. It is all a bit complicated as he in in the second division and has the handicapper sldo in his pocket. Dumeresq have also blown it by not racing last week and cannot overhall us. We just have to finish.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2011 :  09:25:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last weekend saw myself ashore at home with a nasty flu and so the boys sailed on Sunday without me. They finished third, which was enough to secure the Club Championship, as Murray Slip, for reasons known only to himself missed the last two races and should have won the seasons series.
My spies report that they sailed conservatively and only used the single luff kite.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  12:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday afternoon I sailed aboard the J98, Selkie, in the RANSA Wednesday Winter Series race. It was the second heat and we have been kicked up a division because we cleaned them up last year. We were not liked by the old-boys because we were cheeky as well as being quick.
So now were are punching above our weight, being the smallest yacht in the division. We are finishing mid-fleet and have lots of room for improvement, dontweknow?

While working upwind on the last beat in twenty knots we crossed a familiar vessel and I could tell straight away that this was an E30! Turned out to be the Bo-Jangles, a Mark 2 E30 out of Port Hacking. Now this boat is a splendid example being lavishly teak fitted-out inside.
She looks in need of a repaint, however she was cruising nicely on the wind and we passed her closely a second time after we had finished above Clarke Island and I got a perve at her.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2011 :  2:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last weeks race was abandoned due to the inclement weather and that nowone else wanted to sail. One kipper and crew were contacted and found to be en-route to the Snowy Mountains for a ski trip.
We moved the race to this coming weekend but now find the same lack of interest as well as the weather forecast to be as bad or worse than last Sunday.
Oh well tne following week, we hope?
Grandad Chris.
Go to Top of Page

mark 3
Deck Hand

4 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2011 :  8:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr. Cope,

I was just wondering if the kipper made it back to Sydney or did the crew end up eating it?

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2011 :  09:24:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the kipper is still with us, the crew revolted for the first race of the sailing season three weeks ago for him and refused to hoist kites or change jibs. The mutinous mob! I was away playing Granddad and hope to be back in action this weekend, dontweknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2011 :  02:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We raced at North Harbour yesterday in an easterly. The weather men were very much incorrect as it started out in the south west and too all day to get into the predicted North East much later.
We had a slow day and used the single luff kite on the reaching runs.
We were most disappointed in the boat speed and fear that there is something wrong with the sails. The log was reading one knot slower than the GPS and we remain one knot slower on the starboard side.
But everything appeared to work OK. Came third in a very smapp turn-out of yachts.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2011 :  09:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weekends sailing saw the Hagar racing on Friday night in a light easterly in which we were doing well until the finish when the wind died out and the big boats swamped us right on the finish. We still do not know where we came, most likely mid-fleet.
Sunday saw the North Harbour Islands Race regatta and with the wind moving though east North-East to North West we had an interesting race finishing well by winning our division and coming second overall. After a lot of adjustments we feel that the boat was going back to he old ways being quick upwind and by using the old big kite with a new short pole we had it and the boat going well in a shifting run down the harbour all the way to Drummoyne where we did the usual trick and crashing their start line! We have moved the jib cars back and with the luff loose on the jib she wanted to leap upwind.
The next boat behind us was about two and a half hours finishing and one of the second division boats lost his mast over the side at the Sow & Pigs. His rig was 14 years old, doesenthe know! The Cops towed him home and we picked him up and pulled an intact mast and most of the rig out of the water late in the afternoon. It was his first race at North Harbour!
Chris .
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2011 :  01:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weekend past saw us cross the finish line in the Friday night twilighter race in second place only to find out that we were scrubbed because we started three seconds too early. A pity because we sailed hard and done good out maneuvering about five big boats on the finish line.
Yesterday we overcame the mad weather to post another strong finish to win our division but cross third with two second division boats getting home first. There were three dead patched on our course and with heavy fog and mad ferry divers.
Just after finishing we were running back to North Harbour and I was on the bow securing the three halyard ends to the pulpit and as I leaned against the for-stay it simply came away on my hands. It had snapped off at the deck where the stainless pin fitting goes into the big molded alloy deck fitting. Inspection revealed that the pin had been work-hardened with rust corrosion on the port and starboard sides and less than a quarter on an inch which had sheared through today showing fresh metal. It could have snapped at any time during the race and there would have been dangerous and expensive carnage.
Hopefully the rigger can replace the pin before next weekend.
This opens up a can or worms in regards to the age of the rig, about six years and what else may be corroded?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2011 :  4:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today saw the Hagar again racing in a heat of the Club Championship series which was contested in big winds and driving rains. There were only four starters and two finishers. Just after starting we experienced a thunderstorm with lightening and thunder. Unfortunatly old Dave in his Carmen 31 went the wrong way on a course of his own and retired after realising his mistake which was a pity because the conditions suit his boat and we always have a difficult time catching him because he goes off by about twenty minutes before us.
It was a good shakedown race for us aboard the Hagar and while there were no major breakages and the new forestay was OK the number three jib was difficult in tacks and snapped a batton. We only had three on board and did not hoist a kite finish with a lead of twelve minutes having started twenty minutes behind.
There are still a lot of small jobs to fix aboard the Hagar and maybe next Saturday we will get onto the marina's work berth.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2011 :  6:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E 26 wth the wisdom of years i decided to pull the pin.the rest of the retired gradually leaving only 2 contestants to carry on ,,,and they were both 26s divine intervention and Halee Maree....I'm sure that to day would have convinced even you that sometimes a swamp can provied a challenge..I didnt start because i decided that my Hero days are long gone. it will be fun if we get these conditions for the nats.....EH
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06