Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 What E30 Crews get up to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2005 :  2:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning I was in the position of giving professional counciling to that Endeavour hardened sailor, Rod the "Dog Catcher" Childs.
Now Rods' dog catching days are past & he has been married for just over ten years. His problem is that he is continually having trouble being allowed out by SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED to go & play boats.
Its' a terrible dillema to be in. He is trying to work out how to go out on the Dentists sailing day Regatta with Ian. My advise was to go back to the days of when we were at school, truentcey is the obvious solution. Verse up the work staff & just dissappear and go sailing.
What SWMBO does not know cannot harm.
Chris

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2005 :  3:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where as my version was always to just say outright "This is what I do. This is a big part of what keeps me sane. Both our lives are much nicer when I am sane."

Keeping her in the dark sounds like a lovely way perpetuate the problem and eventually have him sell his share of the boat as part of the divorce setlement.
Being honest and firmly clear about the few things I was not prepared to compromise on means I may not be an especially easy person to live with, but I have never been "suspected" of things either.

Sasha

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2005 :  6:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sasha, I hear what you are saying & I'm in a similar situation to you, in as much that I try and fit in with the goings on of a large family of one wife, four teenagers & two dogs ect. I give notice of regattas & races and so on, & we make it work. I also try and work in with my own wifes' zany agendas. However for some, like my fellow crewmember, he just chooses to live dangerously! Its' his choice.
Have you had any luck with hiring a yacht for the Nationals yet. Have not seen Hagar Toos' owner yet, should be this weekend. We do have room at this stage for one crew memeber.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

LCJOHNSTON
Helmsman

Australia
258 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2005 :  7:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Doctor Chris,
Louise hadn't sailed until she met me, but we went away with friends on their boats soon after we met. She still doesn't really like me racing offshore but knows it is something I have to do from time to time. She started sailing twilights and has raced on a pennant crew for a few years now. From the moment we got "Caroline" I made sure she built her confidence and was able to handle to boat. Hence we are now in a position to get a bigger one (if I can ever find one suitable!!!) and go further afield.
But all this comes at a cost given that I work shiftwork - she gets out on the water more than me and has more opportunity than me for beers at the yacht club!!
What can I do!!!
Signed "A Jealous Guy"

Leigh Ex E30 MkII "Caroline" Hobart
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2005 :  9:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leigh, you are in a different position to us. No kids and a partner & not a wife, as well as being somewhat younger. The shiftwork is something you just work around. I work 2am to when I finish, normally around 1.00pm, sometimes later. Wish I started in yachts when I was in my 40s' & not my 50s'. However we do the best we can & get out there and enjoy. The Friday night twilighter is a great way to finish the week & anything more is a bonus. Old Rod still tries to live to the max. Twilighter Fridays, 16' Skiffs Saturday, North Harbour Yachts Sunday as well as the add-ons.
Or you can live like our old yacht mentor, Pete, who sails seven days a week. He has a short week this one with Monday off. But, no partner, lives alone & retired.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2005 :  9:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Doctor Chris, Petes life sounds great, very peaceful, no stress, no yelling, no Kids - Gee !!
I have reinvented the Week. It starts Wednesday to Wednesday. "Twilingts"
so we work for 2 days and it's the weekend and we go Sailing (Saturday), Sunday we must go to the boat to check it and nice day go for a sail,cruise and or a fish with Dan.
So only 2 days to go and it's Wednesday "Twilights"
Does not matter what pressure anybody is under, My method works. No pressure during summer. Just need a pair of ear plugs and just convinces the little lovely that she is welcome. I now think Maree actully hates my boat. But don't we have fun.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2005 :  04:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many years ago during my boyhood skiff sailing days and before marriage & kids, I built a timber fourteen foot skiff & named her, "R-Rival", or Regines' Rival. My mates loved it, all the women in the Club were outraged & Regine just sniffed & ignored it.
Straight after we got married I built a new skiff, the "Excalibur", and she was a quickie. Regine told everyone that it was her wedding present from me. Regine was just twenty at the time. The old saying goes, catch them young and teach them tricks!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2005 :  1:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE SERIOUS SAILOR
Now this is a brief insight into the lifestyle of Old Pete, Commodore & Sailing Mentor to the lads at North Harbour. I first met Pete twenty odd years ago. He was living in an appartment next door to Rod. Old Pete, at the time was still working and single. His plan in life was to retire by 40 with a secure income, purchase a 40 plus foot ketch & go off around the world cruising. Now life does not always pan out the way we would have it and Pete did end up retired with the income but without the Ketch. As previously mentioned his life now revolves around sailing and at present he sails with us in the Friday night twilighters & the Sunday races, if he's available. But then he also sails on Saturdays in a highly competitive Mum 30 footer. During the week he has a busying schedule and is out two to three days as well as some Sundays on the Marloo. In addition he sails as a guest in nationals & regattas in a range of other yachts as they pop up. His views on the opppsite sex are interesting and not wishing to offend the soft hearts we shall bypass that issue.
Its' a great life if you dont' weaken.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2005 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well guys here it is and it's Christmas and I will be shutting down on Wednesday.
I would like tp wish ALL ENDEAVOURERES' AND ENDEAVOURERETTES' a very Merry Christmas and a very happy and great New Year.
I will be down the Coast with my family so I hope all have a great time.
If anybody is near Conjola, check out Killarney and ask for Kevin. Would love to see you. I will be there untill the 20th Jan.
I hope my inbox does not get clogged up emails as I am not here.
To All enjoy a Very Merry Christmas.
Cheers,
Kevin.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2005 :  8:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a nice Xmas Splinter. Old Pete who sails with us aboard the Hagar IV will be on the Marloo & races in the Sydney to Coffs Harbour on the 2nd Jan. He refuses to sail South anymore, says its mad and dangerous & he prefers the warmer north. After they get to Coffs Harbour they will then decide if they will compete in any of the short Island Races which are on after the major event up there. Then the Marloo waits for a big noreaster and blasts home to Syndey.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2005 :  8:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last Friday night when I got down to the North Harbour Sailing Club I recieved a surprize. The club had been cleaned!!!
Not only that but someone had set up a Christmas Tree, with decorations & flashing Lights!!! And out on the deck railing there were hanging flashing lights as well. It was the North Harbour Good Fairy![:-angel] One of our unusual members, a lady from North Queensland who visits us irregularly and camps at the Club. It was her Grandfather who built the fishermens huts around Dobroyd Headland in Crater Cove. She is now the Councils Honorary Ranger & in charge of the preservation of these huts. She is a generous old soul.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2005 :  07:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twas the night before Christmas, and all round North Harbour, my sailors were heading the old time hastle, the tree was all trimmed in goulish things,like warwolf fangs & vampire wings. Ho HO Ho!!![:-pirate]
There will be Chrissie drinks this afternoon at the North Harbour Sailing Club and there will also be the annual Boxing Day BBQ when we watch the Syndey to Hobart from a safe distance.
If you are in the area, you are welcome to drop in for a drink or five.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2005 :  08:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,
I am hoping to get out for the start of the race, nothing like doing the washing machine thing for a few hours(1 way to clean some crap of the hull).

Give us wave, might even do it under sail,nothing like having right of way.

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2005 :  10:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No thanks Dave, will pass on that one. May get out later today & watch the Skiffs race at North Harbour. However we have experienced may Sydney to Hobarts at close quarters and had too many close calls with drunk petrol heads & their stink boats! Will watch at the Club with a beer in hand on the TV.
Will you be at Pittwater on the 2nd?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2006 :  8:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The story was related to me that some years ago one of the crewmembers of our sailing club, whose name will not be mentioned, was involved in a working bee in the ares of the club. At the end of a long days painting the club members withdrew to the inner santions of club to partake in some liquid refreshment of the amber kind. After being refreshed most took their leave and said their fairwells. Now one member dallied a little longer that the rest & as a passing friend dropped in to say hullo, he mentioned that he had a problem. He was shorthanded and had to deliver a yacht to Pittwater that evening. Now our generous club mate immeadiatly offer to help out and undertook the afternoons sail with his friend up to Pittwater.
At about 7.00pm, She Who Must Be Obeyed began calling the other members of the Club and forceably demanded to know where hubby was at???
But no one knew and she had to entertain her several dinner guests at 7.30pm alone!
The names of those involved have been deliberatly ommited to protect the guilty.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2006 :  2:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning my new crew member arrived from Melbourne via overnight train. Sasha arrived at the Sydney Markets where I work and has come home.
And last night I spoke with our lost crew mate, Rod Childs.
Now Rodney is in Tasmania earning browny points with SWMBO'd. He sounded like he was having a lovely time hugging trees & looking in Tasmanian burrows as well as enjoying the scenery and the family.
Hope that this email finds you well Rod & we will be thinking of you on Friday afternoon!!!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2006 :  7:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE DOCTOR IS IN!!!
Counciling Services are now offered for despondent Big Boat Sailors who are in the come down time of past racing truma.
Monday morning was a downer this week as I dragged myself out of bed at 2.00am and drove to work in a sunburnt & sore condition. To make it worse it was very busy & there was a virus in the computer system because I forgot to renew the software protection! S**T HAPPENS!!!
Perscription....more sailing...done.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

David
Helmsman

Australia
232 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2006 :  5:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out on the harbour yesterday, a great day thought i saw en E30 from a distance but in the traffic could get over close, it was light blue hull with cream or faded white deck.

Here is a photo from yesterday where old meets new.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] IMAGE002.JPG
35.33 KB

David.

If vegeterians love animals, why do they eat their food?
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2006 :  08:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, You must have been fairly close to us to take that photo. We were moored off Cremorne Point on Thursday. The Childs & Cope families were enjoying the harbour & entertainment. What frequencey are you on the radio & which one? We will be racing again this Sunday at North Harbour.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2006 :  08:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now last night after completing a successful twilighter race with the boys aboard the Hagar we returned to the inner sanctuary of The North Harbour SC for a few cleansing ales. Old Pete said,
"Congratulations Copie, you have now joined me in almost becoming a professional sailor, having done one delivery and six races in seven days.
Thats' what Old Pete does!!! He is racing aboard the Mumm 30 this Saturday and they are tuning up for the Aussie Nationals in February.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2006 :  2:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being tactless!!!
Last Friday afternoon we were tied up to the marina installing the two new clutches on the Hagar, A member of our club, Old Joe, came over to ask if he could make use of the clubs tender boat. He was going to do a letter drop on all the boats in North Harbour. Now Joe is the gentle type and is a greeny. The Letter Drop was in relation to the Penguins which feed & nest in the areas of the Harbour. Joe was waxing on about the need to protect this endangered species, blab, blab, blab!!!
Now I, in my most warm and enguaging good humour said,
"Those bloody sea rats, they are everwhere and are becoming a nusience to navigation, while only last Monday Rodney ran over half a dozen of the blighters".
You could see that Joe was mortified and did not know which way to look.
Chris. Just a gentle guy...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.27 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06