Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 What E30 Crews get up to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2009 :  7:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier Pat, have not been looking this week as I've een a bit busy at work. Call me on 0416 108639.
Our Club have no moorings, but you can always pick up a spare and we have access to one in North Harbour.
Regards, Chris.
Go to Top of Page

tallships
Main Sheet Hand

132 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2009 :  10:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Boat safely sailed and delivered to Gosford the next day.

Pat Marsh
e26 "Up Spirits"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2009 :  6:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KIDS TODAY
If you think that you are keeping up with your kids well just listen to this tale. Last Saturday evening my boy, who is 19 asked me to take him to a wharf in Sydney where he was going on a harbour cruise for a mates 21st.
I asked him if he was taking a girl to which he replied, no there would be plenty there on the boat to get onto. I asked him how he was getting on with the girl scene as I had not sighted one with him for some time. No, he was fine, just playing the field. How was his mate Kyle getting on with the girls and he replied that he was also good but had a problem with getting rid of them. He said that he would have to introduce Kyle to the technique of "catch & release", which was very useful.
And I thought that I had heard it all!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

steve hall
Deck Hand

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2009 :  2:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris
Is your North Harbour club the same one where they used to sail Gwen 12s in the 60's & 70's, if so are there any of the old Gwen sailers still sailing there
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2009 :  10:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Steve,
Yes, North Harbour SC was in the early days a club which had 12 foot Gwen dinghy's. As for the members who sailed them, I would not be the best person to talk with about them. Rod Childs is your man as he is a few years older than myself and mixed with those sailors. Most of whom are no longer connected with the Club. The next wave of yachtsmen were the fourteen foot skiff sailors, which I joined in about 1972. The 60's were the Gwen and Moth years and the 14's were top boats from 1970 to 1999, after which they moved away and have practically died in NSW.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

steve hall
Deck Hand

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2009 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris, would you mind asking Rod if can think of any names and email them to me at shall@auto-it.com.au I would appreciate it, we are in the process of organizing another reunion in November and are trying to dig up as many as we can. (dig up) might be the operative word for Gwens.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2009 :  9:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Steve and you might even need a shovel to dig up some of the old sailing members. However there is the odd one or two who had their ashes spread in North Harbour so a sieve may be in order as well.
I'm sure that Rod will read this in the next day or so.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2009 :  5:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This past Sunday saw the Annual General Meeting of North Harbour Sailing Club and as usual there was a good roll-up of members as well as some new faces. I arrived with my dog, the Moriarty in tow, unfortunately two other members had also bought down their dogs without leads. The other two dogs approached the Moriarty for a hello sniff and in a blink Moriarty had the Alsatian by the throat and on his back while the other dog had left the building. There was no damage but a lot of excitement as we dragged them apart. Rod and I then proceeded to tie up Moriarty, however a man was walking down the steps to the Club and in a flash Moriarty had pounced upon the black dog and knocked over it's owner. The small dog owner was clearly in a state of shock and I decided that Moriarty had had enough social intercourse for the day and took him home.
Upon my return to the Club the whole mob was waiting and they duly elected myself the the position of Club President and worst dog owner.
Rod was elected as Treasurer, with another member of our crew, Ross Hooley elected as Secretary and old David Parsons was returned as Race Secretary.
The club is in a good position with a growing and active membership and we will be planing to extend our balcony with a jetty and pontoon. This will enable us to bring yachts alongside the club to load up water, fuel, gear and crews as well as conducting maintenance etc.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2009 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I sailed with a work client of mine, you cannot say no all the time. He has a new J92 which is a thirty foot lightweight yacht with a single luff kite configuration and a retractable kite pole. She is a nice yacht, a lot smaller down below because of the lack of head room than our E30 but has a good open cockpit which makes for good working for the crew.
The race was scheduled to start at 10am from off Clarke Island and go up to Lion Island and back to Clarke Island to finish. The race was re-scheduled as a harbour race due to the strong wind warning. The wind ranged from 15 to 30 knots with regular gusts to 35 and once to 40+ knots. It was exciting and most eventful, dontyouknow? Being mainly wet, cold and wild. Although we did not break anything we sailed poorly, with two women aboard who new and did nothing. But they were German! and did not complain. We made the mistake of shaking a reef out of the main and lost several positions while it then piped in again to 35 knots All the boats we passed retired and we finished. Tomorrow will be more of the same aboard the Hagar.
Chris.

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2009 :  2:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend is a lay-day for racing on Sunday aboard the Hagar and somehow my "she-who-must-be-obeyed" has organised me to accompany her on a work harbour cruise. The company will be dry but we will no doubt be well lubricated with hard liqueur. I tried to explain to her that I went harbour cruising most weekends and was in no need of seeing the harbour on Sunday next, however I'm gone. Rod is still racing in his sixteen foot skiff on Saturdays as well aboard the Hagar on alternate Sundays and the Friday night twilighters with us. It's a hard life if you don't weaken, dontyouknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2009 :  11:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Dont envy Rod for much except for the opportunity to go skiffing, i do miss that even though it was a looooong time ago,that was a lot more fun than than yachts ,even if we did sometimes find ouselves up to our necks in Sydney Harbour EH...
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  3:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Eric, this is one subject that amazingly we can agree upon. I do not race in the 16's because I was spoilt by racing 14's and I'm now banned by the Manly 16's because I upset a few people when steering in an old buffers race.
I still will not sell my old 14 foot skiff which resides in the front yard. it is named the "Belligerence". She is all carbon and has an alloy mast as well as a new carbon stick which was never rigged or used. Only the boom is alloy. And she was quick in her day and we won some big regattas, states and club championships, but never made it to a national.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  9:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris ,Does the name of your akiff reflect your attitude to life????? EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2009 :  05:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes sometimes Eric. But I originally wanted to name her the "Copeulater", however shewhomustbeobeyed was most difficult about this name and was of the opinion that it was not a reflection upon our good surname or even saying goodbye to the opposition. I thought it was an original and stirling name for my skiff, as did my crew and many of my friends.
So I am keeping the name for the E30 which I one day hope to own fully.
I once had a skiff which I named the "James B" after the builder, a mate of mine. But that is another story.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2009 :  1:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday while accompanying my she-who-must-be-obeyed on her work related Xmas Party harbour cruise I was most impressed by the number of endeavour yachts encountered in the upper reaches of the harbour. Of note was the E30, "Hollywood" which now resides in the Luna Park anchorage. She looked OK and not neglected and is a Mark 1 E30 with white hull and upper works. We did not cruise into Lavender Bay and could not sight the previously described E30, "Laurapinta" which was described in very poor condition when discovered about a year or two ago.
There were heaps of E24's and E26 mooring minders sighted in different states of disrepair in most bays and anchorages. We also sighted the E26 "Whichways", I think?, which was in very good condition and racing under a big kite in light conditions. There was an E26 at the wharves of the MSB, with a white hull and dark blue upper works.
An enjoyable easy afternoon.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2010 :  4:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ADVENTURES WITH UNCLE RODNEY

Today is a milestone for "Uncle Rodney" Childs, that daredevel skiff & Endeavor sailor who today turns 60!!!.

Now there is just not enough space or time to spin all the yarns and tails about our Rod, and I could spin a few dontyouknow? having batched with him for a number of years before the She Who Must Be Obeyed's of our lives interupted what was a most interesting life. Rod and I had an appartment above the shops of Balgowlah back in the 1980's. We had great parties and a lot of unsolisatered visitors and the gentle and not so gentle perswasion. And around that time Rodney became known as the Dog Catcher of North Harbour, about which I will not offend the gentle souls of the Endeavour readership. Other bad habits of Rod's was his ability to clean up my extensive port collection.

Rod still owns and campaigns a 16 foot skiff and is a racing member of the Manly 16's. So on Friday I recieved a phone call from him,being desperate for a skipper to steer the skiff on Saturday. It was with some tripidation and foolishness that I agreed to become one of the motley crew and steer. We missed the start by about two minutes but sailed well up the first work until we were well out into the sound between North & South head, when the tiller came adrift of the transum and refused to be re-arttached. We somehow got back towards Reef Beach until the Skiffy rescue craft towed us back into North Harbour, and yes the water is quite cold, dontweknow!! But a hot shower and a few beers at North Harbour were just what was needed to recover.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2011 :  2:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as we get towards the end of another sailing season, I reflect on the fact that we are all getting older dontweknow.
Eric tells us he has one foot in the grave,
Rod has just about finished sailing skiffs,
Coley is selling Haulncoal and is retiring!
Adrian was unseen this year and,
All the old hands at the Botany Nationals we showing their age,
Mr. Endeavour himself is gone and was quickly followed by his partner.
We have not had a good season with Rod turning into Mr. Wrongway and all the Hagar crew, myself included are more crutchety and rhumatic, dontweknow!
Let us hope, and pray that the 2012 Nationals will see us in a better condition.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

boat
Sheet Hand

24 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2011 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with with 27+ division is that wind strength determines if a 27 wins or a 30 wins maybe we need to go to an open fleet
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2011 :  8:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hang on old fella, just cause I'm selling H&C does not mean I won't be at titles - what the hell else am i gunna do in early Jan? I may need the dough soon if we get the gig running BBYC slipway and yard - so I can do up another old one or better do up every Endeavour on the east coast! at a reasonable rate :) Or I might sail on Kokomo (see if we can not get it to go properly)No me thinks jumping onto a slower boat and seeing if we can lift performance might be fun - you are not often right CC but on the age thing - you just might have a valid point - dontwe all feel :)
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2011 :  03:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Boat. I do not believe that the wind strength determines who wins between the E27 & E30's. We lost the Nats at BB because we sailed like dunces and made too many mistakes. And don't discount the E28's as they are very quick as well. It all comes down to boat preparation and who wants to win. The E30 may have a speed advantage in the heavy stuff only.
What do you mean by going to an open fleet? While I'd love to race against the E26 fleet, I am sure that they would not like to be mixing it with us. We might beat them and they would have serious issues with that.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.25 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06