Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 What E30 Crews get up to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2011 :  1:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for my absence but have been feeling a little poorly with repeat bouts of the dreaded lurgy, dontweknow.
The Sunday adventures have been quite interesting and I frequently sight the Clewless among the 120 to 150 odd starters. Now the sheer numbers within the Sunday CYC fleet is mind boggling.
Two weeks ago a big 60+ footer rammed and sank an SS26 off Bradly's head in a classic port & starboard encounter of the worst kind. Both craft were in the wrong and did not keep a proper watch.
Last Sunday we were beating to windward and sighted a big cloud of smoke-on-the-water. As we got closer we could see it was a big black hulled yacht lying on her side with the black mast in the water and lots of ants on the top-side gunnel. We passed her twice and on the return tack I could not see a keel!
She turned out to be the new yacht owned by one of the Oatly boys, the "Q" and is supposed to be the most expensive yacht for it's length ever built. She had apparently had some form of canting keel malfunction. She was last sighted near the Sow & Pigs being towed on her side.
We are on the improve with the new-boys of the for-deck, Harry & myself only making one stuff-up this week.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2011 :  9:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah well sooo much money, soooo many sharpe designers, soooo many rock star crews, sooo very much traffic on the harbour - what boat sails more than most? gets noticed? does not cost much? has been owned by the same Guy for eons? will never have a keel malfunction! - yeah thats right "Clewless" E26.

We just hosted the Dragons for a small winter regatta at BBYC, they loved it - light breese but no traffic - great bunch of people too - much like the Endeavour crowd - with maybe a few more dracmars!

And I too CC have had that/this godamm man flu for some weeks now - the night time cough can go away anytime now!

Should find out end of this week if we get the gig running the yard at BBYC - I will fill you all in on the goings on one day - some laughable, some slanderous and others plain cowardly acts of moronisity! still common sence will prevail!

Always optermistic Col.

PS the Haul n Barge is still for sale - for real :)
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2011 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got in from sailing at the south end of the harbour in wild 30 knot westerly. There was a big crowd of geriatrics on board today and I think that George, the owner must have the keys to the old peoples home of geriatric sailors. They are always arguing about tactics and who should be doing what. We did OK but Have no idea where we finished, it was a bit of a washing machine out there today.
Col suggest that you try Wild Turkey Honey Burbon. Good for coffs, colds and well wishers, dontyeknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2011 :  09:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is one for the not-so faint of hearts. From some of my market "friends".

Chris.

Link removed.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2011 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suprised and dissapointed trhat you shuld publish this stuff in what i have always
seen as aite suitable for any family membher.......Do you talk like this at home ,,,,,,,,,,,? seems to me resembl scoolboys behind the lunch shed at lunch time...NOT FUNNY AQND POOR TASTE...EVEN BY YOU STANDARDS,,,,,,Hope nthis can be understoode,i had an eye operation toda and note seeign very well SHAME !!!!!!!!!!! E H
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  10:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks you old one-eyed sailor you Eric. No sense of humor at all, dontweknow? My mum has had both eyes done and is seeing clearly now. It seems that your op has clouded your vision and opinion. Go and wash out your eyes in the pure water of Gosford!

Had a great sail yesterday in the mid-week race at Ransa. About twenty knots from the west. We finished mid fleet in the J92 thirty footer.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2011 :  9:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have a sense of humour if i hear something funnybut theres a time and place fore some ''jokes'' I will wash out my eyes,i suggest you do the same with you mouth.....EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2011 :  1:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tut tut Eric,
I simply gave you something to smile about dontyuknow? And what do I get in reply, nasty talk. It all has to do in how you take it!

And now for some serious stiring.....
Two Sunday's ago we did not sail the Marloo at the CYC. There was not enough crew to man her. However we missed the only breeze of the year in which a mild southerly turned into a wild storm as a southerly frount came though and smashed the fleet. There were a lot of retirments and at last count five yachts went up on the Sow & Pigs with the Brindabella taking out the Northerly pile. There was also reports of major knock-downs and sredded sails etc.
But what was closer to home were reports that our CB has become a "rock-hopper", having been blown up onto the Neilson Park headland area. Hemce his new nick-name, RL for the Rock Lobster!
I do not know all the details or how much damage was caused but apparently the T2, a big 60 footer along with a number of other top-end yachts were knocked down and rounded up therebye loosing control. They missed the previous weeks race and were out on the water this last Sunday. A pitty because RL was leading their division. I'll get all the guff off his crew.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2011 :  3:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not much news to tell. RL's boat, the T2 was OK with just the big lead bulb all scratched up and with it's trailing end badly bent upwards.

This coming weekend is the annual North Harbour SC Working Bee which is an all hands exersize in shed maintenence.

We missed the start on the weekend by 5 minutes because the race was delayed and the brains trust and the blunt end got it wrong. We sailed well with the big boys and still came in the middle of our fleet on handicap.

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2011 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the weather and sailing has been up and down over the past few weeks. The last race of the CYC Winter series was dissapointing with a drifter being canned after two ours of drifting around. Early in the week saw heavy rain and wild stormy conditions and we were lucky to get a race in with the RANCA on Wednesday. There was not more than ten yachts and only divisions two and three competeing. The wind was a fresh 20 plus knots, but down habour it was a washing maching with 30 plus knots. The bottom mark was interesting with a backwash of waves coming around south head and meeting the squally southerly. There were breaking waves on the sour and pigs. We statred in the J92, a 30 foot version of a J24, with procrastination at the blunt end who wanted us to hoist a number two jib. The sharp end, led by yours truely revolted and hoisted the number three. This was the correct call and we were over-powered upwing with the three jib and one reef in the mainsail. We worked our way through the fleet and finished second over the line and second on handicap in our division. We have been firtually handicaped out of the racing due to the doulble header win from last year in Division three.
The Sunday winter series in the 42 foot Jarken, the Marloo is thankfully now over. Winter racing has too many light winds.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2011 :  10:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Dumeresq boys are now in North Queensland at the Hamilton Island Race week. Stewart flew up today and the rest of the crew hauled up Johns J24 in which they will be competing this year.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2011 :  5:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yesterday the AGM for our Sailing Club at North Harbour, NHSC was conducted. The outcome was a non-event with all of the current incumbent officers returned. At this time the fleet looks little changed with the exception of one of the Division 2 boats returning to race. The Mark 1 E30, Kaos is still slowly being made shipshape with the main standing rig having been renewed the the mast standing upright in her. But she is without a boom or winches to be seen.
Our season opening race is the 11th of September 2011.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  10:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This weekend was marked down as a big one for sailing with the first off-shore race aboard the Marloo. We had a cracking southwesterly and a great ride down to Lion Island and then a one leg work back up to the Harbour entrance. It was a good breeze and mainly around 25 knots but up above 30 knots and some at times. We were short handed and did not go for a kite but did not get into bother like a lot of boats who tried to carry kites in the gusty westerly which took them out to sea in the squalls. The new Midnight Rambler is a boat to watch for the big races. It was her first race and she was fastest by almost five minutes and also won on handicap. She is 40 foot long and was built in China by MacConachy's.
It was very cold in the wind and the water over us was nice and warm!
Got to bed around 9pm to be awoken at 11pm with my daughter in labor.
She finally gave birth to our first grandchild at 9am on Sunday morning. It is a boy, long and skinny and should make a good crew member for the Hagar. Missed the first race of the season at North Harbour and later that afternoon caught up with the Hagar boys. They had a bad day in mixed conditions and it was nice to be missed as the crew refused to hoist kites and replace jibs.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2011 :  4:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the sailing season is now really upon us and I'm racing three times a week. Old Pete is doing about four days and next week I will join him aboard the Marloo for two offshore races which I think are to Pittwater on Saturday and return on the Sunday.
Friday nights are for the testing and tuning of the Hagar with the Many YC fleet twilighter and on every second Sunday at North Harbour.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2011 :  6:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This coming nationals will be the seventh aboard the Hagar IV, thirty footer. It has been really enjoyable and we see no end as yet.
Of interest is the status of those who sail aboard the Hagar. While Old Pete has been retired for some years and is a just an old full-time sailer. He sails in all sorts of regattas and yachts as well as doing deliveries. He is a Navigator and Safety Auditor which gets him on-board many yachts.
Rod is in a position where he can retire at any time but just enjoys irritating public servants.
Ross retired from the Police Public Service on Christmas Eve and will spend most of his retirement fishing on his beloved "Marty".
Ian sold his Dental Practice and works part time as well as playng a lot of golf and baby sitting grand children.
Andy retires at the end of 2012 after a lifetime of teaching in high schools and refused to become a headmaster.
I will be carries out of the Sydney Markets, unless someone makes me an offer I cannot refuse.
But come the National Titles up at the Old #### Creek, will will be there and with our paddles, dontweknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2012 :  04:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod and Ian along with two boys will be sailing the Hagar up to Pittwater at 10am this morning. They are hoping to be there in about three hours with a strengthening south-westerly breeze. They will be staying overnight at the Basin and going on to Gosford when the Dumeresq arrive on Thursday afternoon. The rest of the crew will be driving up on Friday morning.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2012 :  10:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got home safely, or so I thought, last night from the Nationals. Was still feeling seedy from sleeping aboard the Hagar for two nights as well as the three days of sailing and grog. Found the family all OK with number two daughter returned home from an O/Seas holiday and sat down for dinner only to find my three daughters had forgotten to forewarn their old Dad that it was Mother's (She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed) birthday! Out came the cake with candles burning.
Is it your birthday Tiger? No Dad it's Mum's! You have forgotten again!
Certainly not, don't you know and quickly retrieved the gold bracelet from it's hiding place in the bedroom which I had salted away in case of emergency.
All is well & SWMBO'd is as happy as, dontweknow, well until tomorrow.
Chris.

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2012 :  12:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I have always had a taste for the odd rum & coke, I decided that I should stock a decent rum and having sighted at the Royal Price Edward a brand which rang memories of the past. Inner Circle! Well while visiting the local takeaway I picked up a bottle of the red label Inner Circle and proceeded to test it out. I was rather perplexed as it was a bit bland and not at all as I had remembered from years gone by. I examined the fine print with my spectacles on and found to my horror that it was Fiji rum bottles in New Zealand.
Have since disposed of the inner circle imposter and gone back to Mount Gay which is a far superior drop.
Does anyone else have any recommendations?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2012 :  09:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, I think Inner Circle is the old Benleigh Pot Still rum, remember the flask shaped brown bottle? It's horrible stuff, even with coke. Mt Gay is a bit sweet for me with coke, ok by itself and ice. I'll stick to Bundy for now.
Rob.

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  4:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find that most of the Australian rums are harsh and that the Jamacan rums are generally smoother. That is who I prefer the Mount Gay drop.
Last weekend the prospective son-inlaw presented me with a bottle of rum from Venezuela named Diplomatico. It is reputed to be amoung the best but coming from South America I would not have a clue and suspect that it would be wasted with Coke. It would most likely be a cocktail mixer or just straight with ice.
What is your take on non aussie rums Col?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.31 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06