Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 What E30 Crews get up to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  12:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This winter see's Rod sailing with John from Dumerseq aboard his J24 in the Middle Harbour Winter Series on Saturday's. While Pete and I are sailing aboard the 42 foot Jarkin, Marloo in both the Ransa Wednesday winter series as well as the Sunday CYC Winter series.
Noth Harbour SC has finished racing for last season and we have the Prize Giving and then the AGM in the next few months. North Harbour is going well but we need a couple more of racing yachts to break through the ten barrier. We will be discussing the addition of a Twilighter series of races in summer and perhaps a Winter Series in 2013.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  5:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Saturday, the 19th is the Annual Prize giving for North Harbour Sailing Club, near Balgowlah & Manly. It is a BBQ casual boozy affair and all are welcome.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2012 :  7:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Saturday morning Rod & I went down to Manly and checked out the craft which had been washed up in thr Friday/Saturday storm. The wind was mainly in the south with a touch of west in it. On Friday it was reported to have been up to 100 plus kilometered per hour.
At little Manly where a few of our members moor their yachts there were three yachts washed up on the beach. One timber plywood yacht of about 30 foot was in the corner of the beach and was on the broken rocks. She looked OK from a distance but close examination revealed that the bottome was smashed and she is a wright off with the insides having collapsed outwards.
The second craft was a 36 foot glass boat which was on the concrete launching ramp. She looked OK but the side on the ramp will have sustained heavy scraping damage and she may be holled.
THe third boat, also a glass boat of about 34 foot was being burried in the sand and should be OK.
THe last boat was around the headland in Manly Cove up inthe eastern corner and was also up on the sand and shoulod be OK.
Only the timber boat had a broken mooring chain visible with the other three having no lines and appear to have jumped off the bollards.
We then drove around to North Harbour and found the bay to be in the lee of the heavy winds. We took the tender out to Hagar and found her to be in good order and the mooring rope fixed to the bollard and with the additional tiedown method which we always use.
We ran the engine and pumped a few bottles of water out.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2012 :  1:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a good race and result aboard the Marloo yesterday Pete and I were discussing the race and breeze. It was a very nice North Easterly from 12 to 16 knots and Pete commented that it was like a mid-summer North Easterly. He went on to say that this may be the begining of a big breeze season with the Alnino finishing and the Elnino with dry and windy summer to come.
And with us going up to Lake Macquarie in January for the nationals you may very well be looking at a great set of races. Much like the first time up there in 2009, I think.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2012 :  3:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed out sailing aboard the Marloo today due to work commitments. Ah the scourge of the work to an old sailor. Meanwhile Rodney is sitting at home calling up all his friends as he is bored with sitting at home. Yesterday afternoon I took him out to the "candy-store" for yachtsmen. No it was not Whitworths, but a new new specialty warehouse shop in the backstreets of Brookvale which specializes in all the go-fast boating toys. They have some great sheets and fittings.
We are looking at putting together another new kite pole to replace the one which Rodney lost on the trip up to Gosford earlier this year.
Hay there cranky Eka, are you bringing your E26 to the Wangi Nationals in January?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2012 :  11:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,who knows, mother nature and father time are are behaving badly,HOWEVER,on the brighter side,while reclining gracefully in my hospital bed i noticed that when you lift a teabag from your cup it drips onto the table,bearing that in mind i am looking for investors to join me in making waterproof teabags!!!!!!!!!EH
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2012 :  10:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Eca,
Sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Hope that you get well soon and are back on your boat sailing yet again.
Today is my my big six-oh and family and friends are taking me out for a luncheon.
Last night we raced, or more specifically drifted around North Harbour with the Manly YC mob. It was a really bad breeze and while we led for most of the race I pulled the pin and started the iron sail when we were off Reef Beach and becalmed. We were being washed onto the rocks.
Tomorrow we race at North Harbour.
Get well Eca
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  6:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the Nationals just finished at Botany Bay Rod, Pete and myself spent the Saturday night aboard the Hagar. Rod was aboard for Friday to Sunday and sailed home solo with Dumeresq in company sailed by John Crawford who was also solo.
Rod bought along an unusual addition with a 5-lite keg of Jim Beam and Coke. We normally bring a keg of beer but Rod continues to have water works issues with beer following his recent opp.
This keg of Jim Beam & Coke was a faithfully chilled companion and made a nice never ending nightcap.
The only problem arouse when while enjoying a few victory drinks after the final race running down the bay the tap was not sealed correctly and all the sheet tails in the cockpit soaked in the spray of Jim Beam & Coke. So when we were tieing down the main with a sheet it was found that this sheet along with many others had a refreshing flavor but a sticky texture.
Sleeping aboard the Hagar is a daunting encounter for the uninitiated with a chorus of snorers. The bunks are somewhat firm and with a crew loaded with grog it is a recipe for some really good snorers in close company. The worst snorers of course never hear the din and yours truly falls into this category.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2013 :  10:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While the North Harbour Sail Club season is done and dusted, other sailing activities continue. Old Pete and I will be racing in the initial race out of the CYC in the Winter Series tomorrow aboard the Marloo and for the next two months of Sundays, finishing in July. Next week is the last of the Royal Prince Edwards YC Wednesday races and we have a one or two week break before starting in the Royal Australian Navy Sailing Association's Wednesday Winter Series of races which goes right through to September.
At home we will be having a special General Meeting of the NHSC where we intend to change the Club Constitution and be Incorporated as a Limited Liability entity.
The AGM for our Club will be in August.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  6:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well winter has finally arrived and this was evidenced by the cold & wet conditions experienced by all and sundry out racing on Sydney Harbour water this afternoon.
Every Wednesday Old Pete and myself sail aboard the old IOR 42 foot Jarken, the Marloo. And during the races we invariably cross courses with John Crawford and a boatload of old North Harbour salts who venture out each week to bash there way around the Middle Harbour YC course.
She Who Must Be Obeyed our course had no sympathy whatsoever towards my complaints of the wet and cold, only to say, ...your crazy!!...
Anyway it was a good sail and we got to use the lightweight jib made of kite cloth and finished in 15 knots mid fleet.
Same again this coming Sunday! Dontweknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 10 June 2013 :  05:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday saw another light northerly come in very late in the Sydney CYC race on Sydney Harbour. It was a very depleted fleet due to the Long Weekend and most yachties were away. We aboard the old Marloo had a light crew and only one competitor and after they went the wrong way on the work going up the harbour they spat the dummy and retired. In the Sydney 38 fleet there was only the one starter and likewise all of the other classes had hardly any competition.
At home we conducted out extraordinary General Meeting for our Club at North Harbour on Saturday afternoon and in an historical first we changed the Club Constitution seeing eight out of the ten Registered Boat Owners who attended the meeting unanimously voting for the change and adoption of the new Constitution as well as the Club becoming a Limited Liability Entity. With this change we will register the Club under the NSW Regulations and steam ahead to obtain an aquatic racing license and explore the options and Grants available to have a wharf or jetty built off our club.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2013 :  03:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was very little to report from the Hagar boys over the past couple of weeks. Two of our owners are overseas and Rod is recovering from a hernia operation which was a result of last years first operation. The paperwork for the name change and new Constitution for our Club have been posted off to the Government authorities and so we await the results from all the work.
On Saturday afternoon Rod & I went out to the Hagar and topped up the fuel before taker her for a little motor around North Harbour. We try and take her for a motor every week or so just to clean the prop and make shore the batteries are charged and all is OK. She went well starting first time and seemed to go through the water well, but dose have a lot of slime and some growth about the rudder.
Yesterday I sailed aboard the Marloo in the CYC Winter race on Sydney Harbour. In light conditions we came a commendable third. The weather people were wrong, yet again with only rain at the finish and not the gale force conditions predicted. Any serious weather will most likely be in the next two days and nights when the king tides come at night.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2013 :  7:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today Rod & myself called off going out to Hagar due to the inclement weather. It is many years since I recall seeing so much rain. The gardens and lawns at our home are awash and the rain is predicted to continue into early next week.
So much for the eminent weather grue Tim Flanner's prediction that the rivers of Australia would not run and that Warrahgamba dam would never fill or overflow again?
We should take the snake charmer and nail him to the Dam spillway! Dontweknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2013 :  11:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday saw Old Pete & myself compete in the last of the CYC's winter series of races aboard the Marloo. It was a Lady's Day Race and the points score had already been decided the previous week and we finished fourth overall. It was a very light series of races and most of the races saw light and drifter conditions out of the west.
We now have three weeks off as the skipper and his lady are off ballroom dancing in Monte Carlo.
So I'll be at home finishing decks around the home and installing a new sliding door in our bedroom which opens onto the pool deck.
Later in August we will be slipping the Hagar in preparation for the 2013-2014 sailing season.
On Saturday we had a second day of working bee down at our Sailing Club with a big turn-out of workers and we laid a new set of joists and a new deck after the demolition of the old timber deck. The new decking material in sheets of molded fiberglass. We have only to finish the front timber facing plate and rubbing strips to complete the operation.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2013 :  11:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And suddenly, nothing happened, but mind you, it happened suddenly! Dontyouknow?

We have not been sailing for the past three weeks. This is due to the owner/skipper being overseas at Monte Carlo at an international ballroom dancing championship with his lady.
He should be back this weekend and we should resume the Wednesday RANCA racing on Wednesdays. We may also be racing in a short Sunday series out of the CYC.
I found out from a mate of mine that their yacht, the Goat, a Sydney 38 won the complete regatta.

On the weekend of the 10th & 11th of August the Hagar goes up on the slips in Middle Harbour and Rod with myself will be giving her the usual winter scrub and anti-fowl painting of the bottom and wax-polishing the sides. We will most likely not get as much done this time because Andy & Ian are away.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2013 :  3:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this coming sailing season is shaping up to be bigger than we have ever seen for our yacht divisions. There are at least three new yachts which will be racing with us at North Harbour.
Next Sunday sees us holding the 64th Annual AGM for the Club and I cannot see any changes of note to the current board.
The following Sunday sees us sailing in the Amateurs Yacht Club offshore race from Sydney to Lion Island and return. It is a good race and in the past few years it has been held mainly in Westerlies which can be strong which makes for fast and exciting reaching.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2013 :  5:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no real news to report with the boys from North Harbour keen for another season of racing at North Harbour. Each weekend there is a bunch of men at the local green shed doing "boat-things", don't-we-know.
At our recent Club AGM there were no surprises with all the old incumbents re-elected. This means that Rod is the bag-man and I remain President. Our Flag officers are merely flag wavers.
Has anyone heard from Eric? It has been very quiet of late and I'm wondering if is is locked in one of the Gosford Club Lockers, do-we-know?
And does anyone have any idea of the dates for the Nationals for next year? I have a few bodies who are trying to organize holidays and work.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2014 :  4:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I finally got home from my second daughters wedding in Lankowie in Malaysia and no we were not on the missing flight but were very close. The resort hotel in which we stayed for the wedding portion of our trip was on the Anderman Sea up close to the Thailand border on the western side of Malaysia.
We had a great time and I completed my fatherly duties. It was my fourth time down the matrimonial isle. I have bragging rights, having the rare distinction of having given away my mother-in-law many years ago. Get you heads around that one!
I got home on Tuesday this week to find Rod has gone into hospital to have is longtime hernia fixed. He was lucky to have sailed the Nationals and will be out of action again for some weeks to come.
Rod tells me that he sailed the last two races with a crew of two inexperienced ring-ins. Andy, Ian, Pete and myself were all missing in action. However next year will be different as I will be back aboard and no doubt most of the others as well. Although Old Pete is still recovering from his injuries aboard the 42 foot Jarken, Marloo with a broken sternum and three ribs also broken.
I was also informed that our Club Bully (CB) was in fine form at the Nationals aboard a rented E26. Colin it seems is reported to have had words with CB. The CB is less tolerant than most of some of the questionable tactics employed by the old boys at Botany Bay.
Were there any raft-ups on BB this year?
Chris.

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2014 :  5:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha,

Just got home from NHSC and what a fine afternoon of race on Sydney Harbour. A really good storm went through and all bar the Hagar scampered home to the safety of their moorings and the NHSC bar and BBQ.
After the front went through we were practically the only yacht with sails still up on the Harbour. We were the last left standing in our fleet and finished without incidence with Andy handing out hot coffee and biscuits from the sumptuous offerings of the Hagar bar and bistro as we ran down the harbour under main and number three jib. Rod is not allowed to sail on account of his fabulous hernia and was worried about us just sailing three up.
Spoke with Johnno about the Nats and got the gen on our Club Bully's antics at Botany Bay. Normal belligerence which we have to put up with every other week. In our last altercation I told him that if he puts his boom in my face again I will cut his sheets. He is all huff and puff and should not be taken seriously. Just protest him for unsportsmanlike like behavior, dontyuknow?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2014 :  12:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was I believe the second last race of the North Harbour SC season. It was a light south easterly and it was a reasonably quick and easy race as the wind filled into about 12 knots during the second half of the race. It favored the second division and the slower boats. We finished fourth over the line and would have been second fastest with the 30 foot sports boat not quite catching us. A nice gentle race and we hand another newbie aboard. We seem to be training more new sailors than ever before. Rod was back at the helm, he was suffering more from sailing withdrawal rather than from the affects of his recent op.
Our flock of retiree sailors have been busy over the past few weeks with a lot of work having been completed in the past two weeks on the Club which is looking good.
No other news.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.27 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06