Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E30's
 What E30 Crews get up to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dumaresq
Main Sheet Hand

117 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  10:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Dumaresq an AOL message  Reply with Quote
give me a call and we can organise for Sunday if your around.

Stuart

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/nthhbr/?albumview=link

Edited by - Dumaresq on 09 May 2008 07:30:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  2:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be busy this weekend with my old-mum as well as SWMBO'd. It's Mother Day don't you know?
However I will let you know how I'm fixed for the following week as it gets closer.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some time now I have been contemplating replacing the decking around our house at Allambie Heights. About a week ago we had delivered 900 lineal metres of Turpintine decking timber and this week I've been organising the equipment for the preparation. Have to rip up the old timber, replace at least two rotten bearers as well as scrub back the section of Oregon bearers and treat them for mould, rots and seal them again. Last done 15 years ago when new. So for the next few weeks will have my head down and tail up house re-building.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2008 :  05:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The deck rebuilding project has been taking up a lot of time as well as physical effort and finances. To my surprise the old hardwood bearers were found to be in very bad condition, while the 16 year-old oregan outdoor beams which I had applied two coats of linseed oil are in good condition. Have so far pulled up about nine bearers with more to come in other sections of the deck.
Anyway, with the heavy rain all outside work has stopped and with a storm warning combined with a king tide and gale force winds predicted Rod and I shoved off down to North Harbor to make certain that our Club is not washed away. This previously happened back in the 1970s' when an easterly gale lifted the club off itís foundations and destroyed the club and all the boats inside. It was a total loss and we only got 50% of the insurance.
The high tide mark was 8.30pm and we found the raised walkway into the club under water but the club still about two and a half feet above the waves. It was a very high tide; however the wind had a fair bit of south in it and was not strong enough to raise the swell in the harbor as happened back in the 1970's gale.
We went home satisfied that the club would survive the night. There will be two more king tides as predicted, over the next two nights.
It is funny that the tides are higher at night.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 10 June 2008 :  6:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The boy stood on the burning deck!!!
Well, that is about how I feel as the more I rip up of my surrounding deck, of the house, the more rot we are finding. Replaced two big bearers and cut out a big fascia bearer this weekend to go into place down the southern side. When we removed the old railing upright supports from the main eastern side fascia board there was found to be major rots in the big board. This board is over six metres long. There goes the new storm jib!
Will get there eventually, if only the rain would take a holiday during the daytime.
Have not seen the Hagar in two weeks and beginning to get withdrawal.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 11 June 2008 :  2:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Saturday afternoon I was returning from a drive down to Port Hacking with SWMBO'd and ducked into the second hand boat locker which is located on the south side of Tom Ugly's Bridge.
Did not find the jib sheet slide blocks which we have been looking for but picked up another SS Riley block for the kite brace.
The bad news is that the owner told me that after almost twenty years they are shutting the door permanently at the end of this month.
He said that their turnover was not covering the rent and that they would go "on-line" and sell their second hand fittings.
A real pity as the standard and price of fittings is getting worse.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  7:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UNCLE RODNEY'S FINAL FLING
On Sunday afternoon I was visited by Rod who retrieved his skiff trailer. I had been using it to firstly bring home my old 14 foot skiff and more recently used the trailer, with it's extended length to cart home some of the larger beams for the deck re-building program at home.
Anyway, I later visited the Club having been recruited by Rod to help shift his old 16 foot skiff out of the club and to be dumped at the tip.
Rod has somehow managed to purchase a new, second-hand 16 for next season. He reckons that he has two more seasons left in his body before joining me at the bar as a watcher.
And I wager that his SWMBO'd does not know about the new skiff.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  7:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last week saw me competing a large section of the deck which surrounds our hoe at Allambie Heights. It was a must finish for Friday as we were having my second daughters 21st on Saturday. Friday night saw me finishing off the temporary railing. We still have almost 2/3'ds to go. It is a big deck. The party was great and Rod and my brother, who sails aboard Hagar. We have the Hagar going up onto the slips in a fortnight. Rod reports that the Hagar is dry and sound.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2008 :  03:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next weekend Rod and Old Pete, who are both authorised Saftey Auditors, are off to do a safety audit upon a 60 footer which is going to Hamilton Island race week.
And last night Pete informed me that as of July next year, 2009, that the inflateable safety vests, including my you beaut Stormy Seas vest which I paid a bomb for, will no longer be leagal under the Safety Rules of YA.
I really do not see the reason why we pay our annual YA fees to this mob.
Chirs.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2008 :  12:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday afternoon saw the Annual General Meeting of the North Harbour Sailing Club. There was a good rollup of members and in no time at all and quite a few beers later Rod along with the rest of most of the crew off the Hagar were again returned into office as custodians of that prestigious yachting establishment NHSC.
We are looking forward to starting a new season in a few weeks. Rod and I will also be looking at doing some offshore races with other clubs, including the Ameaters.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2008 :  9:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,should that read Anteaters ......EH.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2008 :  7:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric,
Unlike some land-locked clubs ours is over-the-water and there are no flies or ants on our club.
The same cannot be said about our decks at home, which is becoming a huge undertaking and worry as the sailing season approaches. Yesterday was great and I replaced the main facing support beam in the front and now have to replace the northern beam before installing all of the bearers. This is a couple of weeks work and then comes the deck laying and then all of the posts and railing.
I need a couple of weeks off work, but that is not possible in my industry as a self employed surveyor. Anyway, looking forward to the sailing season. Will you be sailing these nationals?
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2008 :  6:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right.....
This coming Sunday is the opening race for the North Harbour SC. For anyone interested the start is handicap and the countdown begins at 11.00am and we should be off around 11.45am.
Since typing this the Race Secretary has discovered that this Sunday is Fathers' Day, so it may be postponed.
Rod informs me that our boys in the Hamilton Island Races have not fared well, with did not starts, so we will have to await the full story of what they did or did not do.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2008 :  3:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The opening race of the NHSC sailing season has been re-scheduled from this Sunday to the following Sunday the 14th of September.
The start times will be the same as in the previous posting.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  6:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following the postponement of our seasons opening race at North Harbour SC, I had every intention of putting in a big weekend of work upon the house deck rebuilds. Unfortunately Saturday was a total wash-out, however Sunday saw a big days work and the bulk of the deck is almost ready to have the decking laid. There is still a 12 square metre section of deck to be ripped up and replaced but this can wait.
Meanwhile, Rod went out to the Hagar on Saturday and found the Hagar to be in good order and with only a small amount of rain water in the sump and very little in the bilge.
Next week will see us start the delayed first race and the only problem is that we may have too many keen crew members.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  4:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all go for the Hagar crew as the New Year approaches. Rod & Pete are off to Coffs Harbour aboard a 380 Northshore yacht on the second of January and then return to deliver the Hagar to Lake Macquarie on the 7th of January. Iam stuck at work, Andy is away bushwalking and I think Ian may also be working.
Tomorrow night of the 31st the owners and family of the Hagar will celebrate the New Year on Sydney Harbour. We will no doubt be mooring just behind Bradleys'Head to watch the New Years fire works display. So if anyone is nearby give us a hoy.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2009 :  10:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to all.
Last nights fireworks on the harbour were among the best seen in many a year. I suppose the bankrupt state government will but up taxes to pay for them.
Today I'm off down to the Hagar to clean her up after last nights partying as well as doing a lube job on the engine.
All the best again for the New Year and hope to see you all at the Nationals in just over a weeks time.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2009 :  07:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And to you and yours CC, et all, don't even start me on the friggin fireworks - as a parent of a disabled person I would much rather see the 5 million bucks they spent (part of it my goddamm money)go to paying for a few respite centres or paying an extra 20 carers for the next 20 years - anything except sending it up in smoke - like i say - don't start me!!
Happy New Years to all.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2009 :  10:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet Eric didn't go off to fight the Boars and Zulu's so we could waste taxpayers money on a bit of frivolus entertainment!!!! :)
And I thought the economic meltdown might bring a bit of sense to our pollies! silly me - the rich get richer and the poor see the bigger picture.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2009 :  8:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blimey Colin, I didn't know that Eric fought in the Boar wars against the Zulus? Just goes to show you what you learn from the Endeavour Website.
Eric is such a quiet and retiring? sort of chap, dont' we know? He has never mentioned it although he is pretty good at throwing knives at his mates.
Incidentaly Colin, just how many dark and stormies did you have last night? Oh and the four or five million dollars which was spent on fireworks last night is a drop in the bucket compared to how much our three layers of fat cats spend. Believe me, I was a PS for twenty years and I know how much they waste!
Half of our crew is at this time somewhere past Newcastle a few miles offshore aboard a Northshore 380 sports named, I think the "Overdrive". Will wait up to about 9.00pm to see the first sked results.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.28 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06