Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 EYAA (Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia)
 Competition/Regattas
 Congratulation and apology!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2008 :  08:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done to all involved with the 08 titles regatta - teriffic organisation, superb club, a different (and testing)layout for the coarses - contrary to other "blitherings" from me I am now a convert of the mixture of coarses!! plenty of wind - always good for a sail boat and many tall stories - well done all.
Should any WA guys be interested I have a lazy $50 here that I am willing to put on our 24' rep to your titles "Duremesque" (wrong spelling me thinks) Now those guys are QUICK, I been around these boats for a long time - and that showing on the weekend was by far and away the most impressive I've seen! However the spelling - fear that name WA guys fear it.
Treka had the old small kite off my last boat - a blue and white little beauty, Harbinger I think had one of our earlier star cut kites green with yellow - both still looked OK - much to the chargrin of "Slacko" the guy who made them (and our current gear too)A good indication of the quality of the work Doyle Sails will give you - talk to John Hearne 0418232692 - remember with the right gear you too can win :) A good crew helps too - and they do not come any better that "Haul n' Coals" Steve, Grunta, Slacko,Schooner Bob - brilliant and a pleasure, thank you.
Thanks too to all competitors well done.
Conz
Oh yeah the apology - to Greg and his crew on "Kytan" I may have been a little "short" with some of you after being informed of your protest - I'm sorry for that - protesting being a legitimate thing n all when you feel something is amiss! Sorry Greg.

Greg Lowe
Administrator

Australia
217 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2008 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No apology necessary Colin, if I hadn't been a complete dope I would have realised earlier that I went to the wrong mark and not the rest of the fleet,I am so glad I withdrew the protest when sanity returned. I am putting it down to the Chinese meal on Saturday. What sort of mushies were they??

Congratulations to Colin and Haul'nCoal, a fantastic exhibition of sailing,

Congratulations to Stuart and Dumaresq- WA be very afraid. I am so glad he decided to do up a 24 and not a 26.

Congratulations to the organising committee. A great event had by all.

Congratulations to Huey for putting on such a great breeze.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2008 :  10:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ando or James I was told there were photo's of the regatta - I was unable to site them at that stage (probable cause - Dark & Stormy induced fog)is there a chance of a disc to view at some stage? no pressure - at your leisure.
Ta Col
PS Stuart was talkin about getting a 26 at some stage!!!! I might retire now! they certainly were impressive - even Mr Bowling handed out a glowing complement - that too may have been a first :)
Go to Top of Page

Dumaresq
Main Sheet Hand

117 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2008 :  11:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Dumaresq an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HI Colin,

Stuart here, thanks for your kind words, a lot of effort went into preparing the boat and crew for that regatta and then of course the rebuild of a new mast on Saturday night Sunday morning it was nice to see that we were rewarded for our efforts. Someone asked the question did we have the keel shaved? I can assure you that the hull and keel shape is the same as it was built 40 years ago.

I don't have any plans on buying a 26 at this stage but maybe if there is a regatta somewhere that will have a few 26's there we might be able to borrow one and see how we line up against you. Healthy competition is always good and it is a great way to lift those who you race against. It is a pity that there aren't more endeavour regattas held.

We are planning to do some regattas outside of the endeavour events and will do some small changes to Dumaresq for these regattas to make her a little quicker. I 'm looking for a rudder that I can modify as we are intending to carry larger sail area for these regattas and feel that the rudder shape at the moment wouldn't be able to handle the increased sail area. I don't want to change the current rudder as I will use this in the endeavour regattas so that everything remains class legal.

Do you know where I could pick one up from or possible get one made?

Thanks Stuart.

Stuart

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/nthhbr/?albumview=link

Edited by - Dumaresq on 16 January 2008 08:51:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

tallships
Main Sheet Hand

132 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2008 :  09:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What more can you say!!! Great fun. I haven't raced an Endeavour(24)since 1986 on Jervis Bay and this is our first regatta in an E26, we haven't even raced at Gosford yet.

Thanks for the various tips & local knowledge advice from Diamond Jim, Greg Lowe & El President.

The hot subject onboard all weekend was the advantages of mid boom sheeting and various other minor changes gained from looking at other e26's.

As President of the NSW Sail Training Association I have discussed with Jim Orrell the provision of a passage trophy to encourage owners transiting to the regatta venue, I will also be discussing with Graham Mc about some FUN and different Sail Training challenges.

Pat Marsh

"Up Spirits" (stand fast the Holy Ghost)

Pat Marsh
e26 "Up Spirits"
Go to Top of Page

Graham macpherson
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
71 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2008 :  4:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BAR has been set once again very high by all concerned with the Regatta. Jim Orrell and his Organising Committee, the contestants, the presentation of the yachts and the social aspect of mingling with all endeavour enthusiasts combined to make a truely memorable event.
As I said at the Presentation Dinner to those who attended - go back to your clubs and tell everyone who should have been there what a great time you had and convince them that they should be thinking positively about making the effort to attend the 2009 Regatta where ever it is planned to be held.
Congratulations to all the Winners and placegetters in each Division. The standard was extremely competitive in all races. In fact any one who attended was a winner in my book - we just have to let everyone know what great yachts Mr. Reg Gardiner provided us with to sail so well.
I also hope that eveyone has a safe trip back to their home ports.
Thank you all once again.

Graham Macpherson (President)
Go to Top of Page

Colonial
Sheet Hand

Australia
27 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2008 :  8:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Colonial's Homepage  Send Colonial an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hello To all competitors at L/M
Great Regatta, Haylee Maree may not have got the prizes but I can tell you she had a magnificent spinnaker ride down the coast on wed in the company of D/Intervention and Kytan. One hour after we passed out of the bar ( non alcoholic )the westerly turned N/Ne and we put up our big light air spinnaker and sailed all the way to box head. As the breeze slowly increased to about 12-15 we flew along and surfed down many waves, we had to be doing 7-8 knts down some of these. It was a great finale to a great weekend, I think I did the best broaches, two on sunday when our spinnaker sheet got jammed. Really enjoyed it all the best to all.
Colonial
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2008 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We too had a good trip home the same day UNTIL - we were the lead boat we were just south of Little Bay - Blys 2 miles astern and in shore (same line as us) and Wundurra out to sea about level with south head.
4.15pm - WHACK in she came - true south 40 to 45knts! We had dropped and stowed all gear in anticipation, the 5hp Tohatsu (thankyou Greg thankyou) was just able to keep the boat head to wind (just) as the wind waves built it slowed us to .8 of a knot forward - we were able to hedge 500 metres we needed to bear away and reach under bear poles at 6knots into BB. Blys - not so lucky! under a reefed main and motor they went to sea came back in, in the same spot!! buggar no headway at all - turned and ran for the Harbour making it back there sore, wet and sorry (so close yet so far)but safe, Wundurra had a hell of a time - they were well out and staysail reached/broached/knocked down and motored (with a near empty tank) toward Sydney, at one stage seeking then canceling help from the water police - they too ended up at the CYC safe.
We had a bloke with us who had not been on a yacht until this trip - when we were getting pasted just off the heads of botany bay he looked at me (the skipper being oh so cool outwardly - in my head I'm thinking if we get blown side on one more time we are going to have to go back to Syd too or worse!) and said - jeeze Col this boat really likes these conditions it must be well built!!! I didn't tell him it was 40 years old - but thanks to prudent seamanship, luck and Reggie Gardiner - we got here.
Go to Top of Page

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2008 :  09:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Col,
Good to see your all safe. The Southerly hit the Lake about 7.00pm just as we were finishing our Wednesday twilight race, a fair bit earlier than forecast. It was quite nasty so I sympathise with you and the others. We had a similar experience returning from Botany Bay a few years back. In our case we were lucky in that the wind blew us quickly to our destination.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2008 :  04:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are about to leave home and travel up the coast to Lake Macquarie Yacht Club and sail the Hagar home to Sydney harbour. Rod, Ian & myself are looking at a bumpy sleigh ride home with a big north easterly predicted for today. As always getting out through the opening bridge and across the bar will be a challenge.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2008 :  8:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hagar is home safely after a rather slow run down the coast until Barrenjoey light when the fickle breeze dropped out a almost nothing. From there we motored all the way to our mooring.
We carried the small kite from Nora Head until the Barrenjoey light. We had a good trip and sailed conservatively with a big bumpy sea.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2008 :  11:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re photos and dissapointments, i should get the booby prize i was on andoze and was about 40 metres from halee maree when she did not one ,but TWO of the most spectacular broaches you will ever see, i quickly raised my camera for the shot of the year,then the little red light on the viewfinder said BATTERY EMPTY !!!!!WHAT A BUMMER, We could have lived off those pictures for ages ......On another subject....300years ago when i was skiffing on the harbour in championship events when the winner crossed the linr he was given a 20 to30 foot ribbon type pennant to fly from the masthead for all to see,,,who thinks that would be a great idea for us ? E H
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2008 :  11:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S I must say that a was pleasantly surprised at Belmont with the surprisingly large number of people who enquired about my health. it just proved to me the value of the assoc. I really felt that i belonged,after watching those breezes and the delivery trips i think that perhaps the doc knew what he was talking about.BUUUUUUUUUUUT I'LL BE BACK.. I was to sail KYTAN in todays short handed ,but when we saw rain, glassy water and the entire fleet of etchells and lasers being towed home it seemed a bit pointless..tomorrow i hope to at least keep D.I.in site thru the arvo...thanks again .E.H
Go to Top of Page

Rod1950
Main Sheet Hand

39 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2008 :  09:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric

You must not be that old, or I am an old fart too, cause I can remember the Manly 16 footer "Buckle Toyota" 1st race back at Manly, after winning an Aust Championship flying the long skinny pennant from the top of his mast.

Iam all for traditions, I think it is a good idea.

Regards

Rod
Go to Top of Page

Greg Lowe
Administrator

Australia
217 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2008 :  09:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A note from Jim Orrell of LM organising committtee,
"Almost as good as being there. We have a CD-rom available with 500 photos of the regatta. Pick and print the ones you like.
The CD is available for $12.50 includes P & H. Simply contact me to get a copy sent.
Regards Jim Orrell
Learn to Sail by Mail
PO Box 312 SWANSEA 2281
02.4971.0098 Mob 0409.049.159
"
If you want to see all the action this is a very economical way to go. These are shots from Friday and Sunday only.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.2 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06