Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  1:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All.
I'm sure someone from the committee will get around to results in more detail in due course. At this time, there is nothing on the RPYC or local E24 site.

Held on Melville water in the afternoons of this last weekend, with winds south to southwest at 20+ knots gusting to 25kts, and a 1.5m chop, it was a somewhat testing time.
Three heats on Saturday, with 8 in the first heat, the South of Perth Yacht Club entry not sailing the rest of the regatta with either damage, injury or fear. Three heats first up with Nirvana winning all 3, other places going to Odette, Vagabond and Amber, the latter sailed by her new owner, Peter Cook. Also sailing were Mistral (Mark Dymond), El Nino (Michael Hulbert) and Three Cheers.
Gordon Thomas showed us all a clean pair of heels again on Sunday winning the other two heats, having to drop a bullet and acieving a perfect 4.
Vagabond (Tony Finch) was second and Odette (Michael Hallam) third by my reckoning, so these places must be considered provisional. I have no idea about the rest, but would suspect Amber, El Nino, Mistral and Three Cheers.
Susan and I were invited to sail on Odette, allowing me to renew friendships with the small cockpit, old style winches and a manageable pole. On the way home on Sunday, we had an involuntary gybe which caught Susan napping and the mainsheet caught her right arm and smashed it on the cabintop, resulting in megabruising but fortunately no broken bones, so I was able to eat last night!!
It was good to get out on a 24 again, even though I am still counting the cuts and bruises.
It was a combined regatta with S97's, Thunderbirds and Redwitches, the 24's starting third, and handling the conditions better than most of the T-birds.
Cheers, Rob.

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.

Greg Lowe
Administrator

Australia
217 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2011 :  12:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a lot of fun was had and typical Perth wind [lots of it] Congrats to all competitors.

Nirvana seems to be dominant this year, maybe he could tow it over for a Nationals on the east coast??

Great to see Pat out in 3 Cheers having a go.

Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2011 :  4:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, I'll have a chat to Gordie about the trip across, but suspect he will decline.
Re Pat, credit to him for turning up for the Sunday races, I don't think they enjoyed the first three races. He complained of significant weather helm with a number 3 up ( I didn't know anyone in the fleet had such a thing!!), so we need to look at his mast position / organise some mainsheet education.

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.06 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06