New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Taunto
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2012 :  07:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My fellow E28 owners, those who have the motor in the bow .
For quite some time I have had a suspicion that the exhaust system on Dulcibella was not set out correctly , the fact that the exhaust elbow clogs with carbon every 12 months make me relise that all is not as it should be .
On thursday last at the boat show i met John Whitchard who fitted the motor some time befor i owned her and amazingly he remembered doing it , he advised me to replace the muffler with a more moderen type which has led me to do some research on the net, the result being that i think that i have not got a water lock in my system .
Question is that with such a long exhaust hose that can hold water after the motor is turned off where does one put a water lock and of what type as there is not a lot of room to work with , there is a goose neck of sorts at the stern with a big black ball that looks a bit like it came from a dunny , i dont know what it does but it rises to a cupple of inches under the deck , the exhaust hose then goes to a locker on the starbord side then down into the bilge up to the muffler that is about a foot away from the exhaust elbow ,there is an air ventilation line from there that goes to side with a cock on it . I am interested to know the types of system you have on your boats as having such a long run of hose presents a special type of problem . Cheers Taunto.

Chris M
Sheet Hand

Australia
26 Posts

Posted - 06 August 2012 :  1:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris M's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Taunto,
Not sure if this is what you are referring to, our the exhaust hose out the engine is immediately routed into the top of a container, and another hose leaves this container and is directly routed all the way to the stern. We recently had this container replaced as it was rusting, and a small hole had also developed in the hose leaving the engine. You can see before and after in the photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/livia-e28/
Cheers,
Chris

"Livia" E28
http://www.flickr.com/photos/livia-e28
Go to Top of Page

Taunto
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 07 August 2012 :  07:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris thats what i was after, do you have a goose neck at the stern where the water and exhaust leave the boat, or is it straight all the way to the water lift muffler .cheers .tony.
Go to Top of Page

Chris M
Sheet Hand

Australia
26 Posts

Posted - 07 August 2012 :  5:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris M's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's pretty much straight all the way to the back, although near the stern it does a bit of a loop up to the roof (floor of the deck) and down out to the exit just above water line in a long sweeping loop rather than any deliberate sharp goose neck. Not sure if this is required for anything, or that the hose was just a little too long to route directly out in a straight line..

"Livia" E28
http://www.flickr.com/photos/livia-e28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.06 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06