Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 Endeavour Classes
 E19's
 Advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Steeley
Deck Hand

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2012 :  1:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gents this is my first posting in this forum so I don't know what to expect :-). I have owned an Endeavour 19 since the mid 1980's and sailed extensively around the waters of Townsville and the Palm Island group up until the late 90's. Absolutely loved sailing her and in my eyes was nothing more than an oversized dingy that you could effectively cruise with if it were set up correctly. Since then I have moved to Brisbane where the boat has sat on its trailer slowly falling apart.
I recently gutted it and removed all timber fixtures and have slowly been replacing the parts as I build them. I have yet to attemp the refurbishing of the cabin interior but have not been game. I want to eventually sail her all the way from Brisbane to Townsville over several weeks to fulfill my bucket wish. Has anyone completed any major refurbishments on their 19 and if so what main problems did you confront. Would also like to communicate with any other 19 owner to share ideas and info on the boat.

mmcdonald
Main Sheet Hand

62 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2012 :  8:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steeley,

This site is generally full of help, though it seems in recent times to be falling off. (What the F happened to Sasha). The 19 is not a common Endeavour, though one of the clan, so am sure if we rattle a few cages might get an answer for you.

To do those sea miles is more that many have done and I've done Brisvegas to Townsville, and not sure a E19 would be my weapon of choice. If you do this please post a log as I would love to follow you,.

Cheers

M
Z
Go to Top of Page

tallships
Main Sheet Hand

132 Posts

Posted - 24 September 2012 :  8:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes a few other non frequent posters have noticed the same. What's happening Endeavour Asn??

Pat Marsh
e26 "Up Spirits"
Go to Top of Page

Taunto
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2012 :  07:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G,day Mark and welcome to our forum.
Like you one day i would like to sail the east coast ,the idea of sailing around the palm island group as you have done tickles me fancy ,i would love to hear more of your exploits from that part of the world and how your boat performs in your waters and weather conditions .
I have never seen an E19 but i consulted the Blue Book and read the section regarding your boat and guess she must be a delight to sail. Being over 6' ive always felt that, that domanated things in my life and especialy when it comes to boats , so if your around my hight and you chest has slipped a bit around your waist i reckon a fairly sparse fitout for your little beauty is the go. I
When i've aproched this question for boats that i've owned in the pass i've found that there is very little material on the subject and its hard to find a guide so i think you have to think of it as a clean slate on which to make your mark. The risk of filling your boat with to much, must have junk is very high , when i owned an E24 it was fitted out with so much stuff i could hardly move inside her and most of the gear i never used . When i bought my E26 i looked for a vessel that was very sparce , in the the time that i owned her i added very little but improved what i had , and lifted her safety level , to a level where i felt she was very safe for our part of the world . I think with a smaller vessel there is always the risk of putting in to many must have comforts , a good stove , good sleeping quarters a porta potty and some water proof storage is not a bad place to start. Small things on my boat give me a great amount of joy ,in the past used to make accoustic guitars and i still have some beautiful timber left , when i make things now for Dulcibella i use the best quality timber i have and put a good finish on it so that every time my eye goes to it it is a joy rather that a chore to be done . Thats my two pennys worth i hope its a help . cheers taunto
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2012 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with the Endeavour Association is simple. We are just fading away and all are getting older. Sailing has become increasingly expensive in Sydney especially and many of the old-timers, yes that's you Eceles, dontweknow, have retired or dropped off the radar.
Aboard our Yacht the Hagar Ian is the eldest and in his early sixties and is retired and works part time. Andy is retiring at the end of this year, just three months left I think. Rod is 62 and can retire anytime after this year, depending on his son who finishes high school this year. I'm 60 in November and have no plans to retire.
So Hagar just might go off cruising the east coast next winter.
Another factor affecting our racing is a lack of crews. We will be having a skippers meeting on this subject in a week or two and try and come up with some tactics in an effort to increase the numbers. It is not a lot of fun to be the only whipping boy/crew for Captain Bligh/skipper Childs aboard the Hagar.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.09 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06