http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h396/gravmax88/viking/viking2.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h396/gravmax88/viking/viking3.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h396/gravmax88/viking/viking4.jpg

Taunto
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2012 :  08:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Graham , pleased to see you,ve got a viking , keep us up to date with your outings, how you think she sails and motors and the comfort factor .
I've always like the look of these tuff little beasts but never been for a sail on one , i've seen one in the flesh a Batemans Bay , sat on the bank for sometime just looking at her and thought that she seemed a dammed good sought of vessel for coastal crusing .
I will be looking forward to all your posts so that i can learn more about your new boat.
taunto.
Go to Top of Page

Taunto
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2012 :  05:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Graham , i hope things are progressing at a steady pace .
I noticed that you need a new prop for you new girl and i spose they are hard to come by in your part of the world , there is in our part of Aust a retired gent called MR Lunberg who has made props all his working life and has now moved to the south coast to take it a bit easyer , he is still making fine propellers and at about half the price you would have to pay from other suppliers .
If you want me to chase up his contact details for you i would be only to happy to do so.
Cheers taunto
Go to Top of Page

Graham Darwin
Deck Hand

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2012 :  5:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually have a replacement prop, my neighbour has a 33ft yacht with the same Buhk 20hp motor and he replaced his prop with a feathering one so he gave me his old one, just had to make a stainless spacer and new nut and its all fitted up well.

I have just stripped out the insides and engine and are finding all the little surprises....nothing serious, cracked thru-hulls, bilge pump that doesn't pump, generally all hoses need replacing, but nothing that I wasn't going to refurbish anyway....... I have a heap of hose fittings and swageing tools so I am going to do it properly.

I will post up some progress pics when I get parts finished....I have lots of before pics but I will only put them up when there is a comparison.....

Enjoying it though, I am an Automotive engineer by trade so wood and epoxy is all new to me....... but the mechanical side is easy....

Graham
Go to Top of Page

Taunto
Main Sheet Hand

Australia
103 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2012 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Graham , yeah i liked my time in the boat yard when i was rebuilding Dulcibella , remember there is nothing as worth while as messing around with boats .
Have you given your new lady a name yet or shall i just keep calling her your new boat .
You were saying that you bought your boat off a chap who sailed her to Darwin , do you know if he keep a record of his trip and if so have you seen any of it , i would love to read his log and day by day records , so far in such a small boat. I look forward to seeing your before and after shots.
cheers tony.
Go to Top of Page

Peter B
Deck Hand

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2013 :  09:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
G'Day Graham, and all Viking fans. I'm buying an Endeavour Viking 23 from Melbourne next week, and plan to moor her out the front. I will post images etc. once I get her home and hosed down. Cheers, Pete
Go to Top of Page

Peter B
Deck Hand

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2013 :  06:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://s1359.beta.photobucket.com/user/DogSS100/media/image_zps1d5a83b9.jpg.html
Don't know if the address above will work; first time for everything eh? It shows my Viking 23 at her new mooring on the Derwent River. She looks right at home! Cheers all, Pete.
Go to Top of Page

Peter B
Deck Hand

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2013 :  06:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, it works. Further to my previous; I towed her down from Burnie without too much grief, and rigged her last Thursday. As she's more than a handful to rig for one bloke, I've decided to leave her on the mooring year round, and use the old Brooker trailer as a slipping trailer once a year. Probably with a borrowed tractor and a 10' drawbar! I had to nearly drown my old 4x4 to get her off the trailer last week. An extension drawbar would be the go.
Im grateful to the previous owner, who obviously loved her, and outfitted her very well. He's left me with a well found little ship, that is almost ready for anything. I will be finding a VHF and EPIRB this week, having the Bukh 20 serviced, a little fuel leak fixed, and then maybe an overnighter out into Storm Bay as a shakedown.
All the locals here are remarking at her lovely appearance, and how she graces the bay. It's more a reach in the river really; so my mooring is way oversize for her weight, as is the much larger yacht just South of us. Another fellow now wants to moor his 50'er upriver from us. All good really, with enough boats, maybe we could build a dingy jetty between us? I've been using a plastic canoe, but will source an old tinny or glass clunker that's too ugly to pinch, and stash her down on the rocks.
Cheers all.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.08 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06