Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 EYAA (Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia)
 Cruising ... or Your Adventures on the High Seas
 Easter up SW Arm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Chris Jones
Deck Hand

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2013 :  10:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over easter we did our first cruise on E26MkII Secret Water aka "the Red Boat" as the kids refer to it. Destination Sth West Arm Port Hacking, a short motor sail from our home mooring in Gwawley Bay, G.R.

For Charley and i most of our sailing has been racing dinghys, skiffs and yachts with the occasional delivery. Cruising with kids 5 and 2.5 was to be a new experience. Despite lacking a galley Secret Water did a great job, tempting us to stay another night... The kids loved it.

Following is a link to Charley's blog www.secretwater.com.au with some photos and a bit more of the story.

Generally we have found the E26 well suited to our family sailing, even Tessa, 5 can trim the little jib (<10kts) and Harriet release in a tack. The enclosed cockpit keeps them within reach if not under control.

The only real issue is the noisy 5hp eggbeater. my head was ringing after 5hr motor sail home. Aside from the noise i am reluctant to have any kind of stove on board along with a tank of 2 stroke. Anyone retrofitted a diesel? was it worth the expense?

Chris

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  6:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Chris,
Good to hear that you are using your E26 with the family. Re-using a diesel in an E26. There are a few which have small diesel engines and they are good, but make the boat a bit heavy. We race our E30 and have a 10-HP diesel which is reliable and safe, if not a bit underpowered. Most of the E27's, E28's as well as the E30 & E32 practically all use diesel engines.
Old Eric from the Gosford sewer works sails Four-seasons which is an E26 with a diesel and I'm sure that he will give you all the gaff on them. Enjoy your family sailing.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2013 :  8:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris.Not (COPE), great pics ,i think they are the best ive seen on this sight,,,,,,however would you like to give me a ring at 4341 1979 or 0405 113 843 regarding inboards,disregard Copey he is just bitter and twisted ,ignore the sewer bit thats just copeys jealous description of our waterways........ERIC (E26 4seasons0
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.06 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06