Gooseneck!?!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

nefeli
Deck Hand

1 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2008 :  3:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, We notice the Gooseneck connecting the boom to the mast on our Endeavour 26 was busted during yesterday's race.
Has anyone had to replace the gooseneck on their mast recently?
How did you do it?
Where did you get the parts. Looked at the Ronstan website, but they don't appear suitable (not strong enough)
Help!!

Go Flow
Helmsman

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2008 :  11:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Can you identify the maker? I noticed a very nice gooseneck fitted to "Four Seasons" by Roo Spars at Gosford.
Adrian
Go to Top of Page

Greg Lowe
Administrator

Australia
217 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2008 :  08:51:12 AM  Show Profile
Kytan and Haylee Maree also have Roo Spar goosnecks[mast and boom as well], a good solid job. you can contact Dave at http://www.roospar.com.au/contact_us.php if you want to discuss
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2008 :  10:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Nefeli, if your boom is one of the older hexagonal ones ,it will probably be a sheerline ,they had bits available for their g/necks and i think they(sheerline spars )are still in business at Brookvale ....the roospar one is beauty ,but calls for some extra work...E.H.
Go to Top of Page

Dumaresq
Main Sheet Hand

117 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2008 :  11:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Dumaresq an AOL message
I was down at Sheerline this afternoon sorting out a new mast for the 24, speak to Westy @ Sheerline Spars, Rigging & Fabrication 19 West Street Brookvale 0418 222 731. Has plenty of gear there for the older style boats.

Stuart

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/nthhbr/?albumview=link
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.06 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06