Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

In fact, handbags replica knows that the high imitation gucci replica handbags is very deep, mixed with fish and dragons, and there are many hermes replica handbags. It may be a of styles ranging from a few hundred to several thousand.
Unlike the thick inner volume of the pear head, this cheap hair extensions gives a feeling of warmth and beauty. When trimming, pay attention to the tail of the real hair extensions must be cut from high to low level, roll up and send it to have this effect. This hair style can be brushed out by a hair extensions dryer and a reel, and it is also possible to use no special hot.
 All Forums
 EYAA (Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia)
 Clubs Where Endeavours Sail
 North Harbour Sailing Club.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  09:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re 6:....Yair Copey, at least two in fact. You lot planning to spread some STD's around??

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  3:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regretfully Doctor, I will not make to the state of W.A. this year. Shewhomustbeobeyed has organised a little trip to the sunny islands of Tahiti, and so the two of us will be flying out on Xmas morning for some adventures in paradise, dontyouknow? Three days on the big island game fishing with her cousins, three days in Huahine & then to Raiatia and back again for three days again on the big island as well as Moorea.
Plenty of fishing, diving, rumbopunch and dusky maids, hulloyes?
Then home for the nats on the 3rd and back to the grindstone.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 23 October 2009 :  4:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect that agenda took very little armbending.....?
Rob

Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep well, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and you will be saved.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  07:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert,
You have no idea. Tahiti is an amazing group of islands, having been there twice already but many years ago. However it is frighteningly expensive. I will be investigating to hire a Beneteau 50 and cruise the islands of Tahiti some time in the future with the Hagar crew.
Went to the local post office yesterday to renew my passport. The public servants are an amazing breed . They knocked back everything that you could imagine and then some. They blamed the Dept. of immigration. I should not winge too much as I was one in a past life. It is forecast to rain heavily for the next three days. A nice wet sail tomorrow.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2009 :  10:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I last renewed my passport they wanted to take my photo without my specs on. I told the young lady I only took them off for showering, sex and sleep. The post office went very quiet. I was told the flash could reflect off the lenses, and also wearing them alters the shape of one's face. The passport renewal might also not be approved if I insisted on them being in place. The queues were getting longer, but because of the entertainment, no one seemed to mind. I dug my heels in, had the photo taken as I would appear to any immigration agent around the world, and presto, two weeks later my new passport arrived. It can be crazy out there.
We have our first club heat today, currently blowing 20-25ktsSE on Melville water and overcast. A storm is brewing methinks. And we always have chaos on easterly starts, I don't know why, something goes "ping" in the skippers' minds and random acts of madness occur.
Rob

Edited by - Robert Simmons on 24 October 2009 12:12:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2009 :  12:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Rubeo dontyaknow?
How was the sailing in the wild west over the two weekends past?
North Harbour did not sail this weekend and the crew were preoccupied with work, that four letter word, to sail in Friday nights twilighter. And so I'm suffering from the sailing withdraws and require a good fix of sailing.
And so with tomorrow off work for the annual Market Picnic Day/Melbourne Cup holiday I can get a little bit better organised for a big weekend of sailing. Firstly on Friday we will be in the Manly Twilighter, then on Saturday it's an offshore jog down to Botany Bay and back with Sunday seeing the North Harbour annual Islands' day race marathon aboard the Hagar.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2009 :  5:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep out of the shipping lanes :)
Go to Top of Page

4Seasons
Helmsman

723 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2009 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely a barge needs to be in the shipping lane donchaknow,,the phantom commentator.......
Go to Top of Page

Robert Simmons
Helmsman

Australia
420 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2009 :  08:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo Copey, the club heat turned out ok, but last Wednesday was gusting 30kts, fortunately from the west, so not too much grunt, but still very uncomfortable. Saturday was "better", gusting 30+kts but from the south, muchos grunt and 1+m short chop. We made it out to midriver then turned around, no fun at all. Would have been ideal for Little Tiger and England Expects to test their cut down Etchell jibs, but they didn't front. Odette braved the conditions, it was an invitation race at RFBYC, as far as I know, they sailed the course, sadly for them you need more than one boat to constitute a race. So it's a windy wild west at present, a bit unusual for it to be so persistent, but there you go.
My money's on Master O'Reilly today.
Rob

Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2010 :  07:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there sailors,

Here is the link to the North Harbour Sailing Club's new Web Site which Stewart Dart has been slaving over and is looking good. Well done Stewart.

http://www.northharboursc.com/

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2010 :  10:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday we held the North Harbour SC annual working bee at the club. Unfortunately the heavy showers retarded our work program, as well as the rising tide putting an end to the removal of old pillars and rocks from under the club house. However there was a good turn out of the faithful membership and with two jackhammer's we broke up most of the old pillars and cleared away all of the loose rubble. All of which was barrowed across the beach to the stone wall under the marina. This wall is essential to keep and build up our sand beach.
Some of the lads also also cleared the track down to club from the road as well as building some small retaining walls and concreting the damaged sections of the steps and path. Our resident sparky also replaced the stereo speaker system in the club. After which we all had a BBQ lunch and a few cleansing ales.
The Club Bully was noted by his absence, dontweknow!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2010 :  07:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Mr Dart, can we conclude our business by months end?

Ta Col.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2010 :  10:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like he's done a runner?

For the past few weeks I have been sailing aboard a J92 on Wednesday afternoons which is owned by one of my clients. This boat is 30 foot long and has a fractional rig with a single luff kite and launching kite pole. It is a very quick little yacht, but handicapped by it's crew though inexperience. However the last three weeks has seen us winning on scratch in our division out of RANSA as well as winning two of these races on handicap. This week was a screamer with 30+ knot southerly and we had her up to almost 12 knots downwind with the jib polled out. Most of the crew were in a state of fear and froze up. The fleet is in four divisions with some classic timber yachts as well as slick Sydney 38's and a few pocket maxis. The cheats have their motors running to power up all the winches. The club which we are sailing out of is the very nice Royal Prince Edward YC which is a very nice waterfront house opposite Shark Island looking dew north.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2010 :  09:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
North Harbour Sailing Club held it's AGM last Saturday and while most of the incumbents were re-elected, we do have a new Race Secretary in the form of the enormous Stewart Dart.
The other big news is that we will be having an E26 join our racing team and while I do not know the skipper, the boat is the famous Hagar Too. Apparently the new skipper is leasing her off the current owner. He is an experienced racing hand and is keen to race her at the Botany Bay Nationals next year.
So next year the North Harbour sailing club may very well be holding all of the endeavour cuttlery. Dontyouknow!
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2012 :  10:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years ago we were visited by a local resident who was from the Ukraine and said that he was a sailing coach. He looked around the Club and requested to join. All the negotiations were conducted by the venerable treasure, Rod. He came to me and said, Copey, this guy wants to join the Club and I replied who the f*** is he? Rod said that he was the YA training coach. I, in my warm and friendly manner replied that we did not need the YA spies etc. However the other board members were combined to admit him to the Club. I asked why? And Ross, the Secretary said, check out his misses. So I did and found her to be a little blonde northern European platinum bomb. I said, you dirty old men you just want to perv on his misses.
The rest is history as we now discover that we have the Olympic Medal Maker in our membership.
Now Victor has been in communication with Rod and has promised to give the Club Members a report on the Olympic regattas just before they had started. So it will be interesting to hear from him and learn a bit of this now sailing genius.
Three Gold and one Silver? It has never been done before.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2012 :  12:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last Saturday afternoon the fithfull gathered at North Harbour SC for the AGM. It was the 65th AGM and with all the paperwork complete and distrubuted amoung the members present we found ourselves, the incumbents re-ellected for the 2012-2013 season/year.
There was one new face and we should have at least one additional racing yacht this season. The Club has opperated well over the past year and we made a profit, turned over more monies. But be midfull that we have no bar or pokies and under 60 members. We have just completed the re-building of our boat ramp which goes onto the western beach. It is bigger and there is no timbers with the bases of reo-concrete piers, alloy from and a poly synthetic topside. The Club tender is to have a new window and top before the season commences.
In the future we have plans to build a jetty and floating pontoon so that yachts can be watered and fueled etc. Evan at low tides.
After the meetinng was concluded we had a BBQ and drinks and later was visited by the Medal Maker, just back from London. He told us a number of interesting stories about the team, racing etc.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2016 :  06:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last Sunday saw the last race of the season of 2015-2016 from North Harbour Sailing Club. While we came last in the Hagar in very light conditions we won the Autumn series while the Dumeresq won the Spring Series as well as the Club Championship. It was a very close season of racing but Sundays were always very light in the wind department.
On Thursday night we held a Club Board Meeting and the subject of YA Fees was raised by Rod, our Treasurer. The YA fees now constitute the second largest cost in the running of our Club after Insurance. This is because of the YA continuing to dream up new ways of "taxing" the Club & Members. Rod has discovered that with 31 members we pay more per member to the YA than the bigger clubs like Manly 16's and Middle Harbour YC.
It is little wonder that the Botany Bay YC was quit the YA. We still fail to see what real benefits the YA offers our small club. Rod will be making inquiries with the YA and we could be joining the Botany Bay boys as another group of renegades.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Cole
Helmsman

Australia
676 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2016 :  06:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah well good luck dealing with that stubborn. odious turd that is in charge of " one **** sorry sailing" they would be to busy with the Olympic sailors - you all know them the real sailors not us filth that do everything for the sport and just get reamed by our so called governing body!
Another post I read elsewhere called any member of YA/OS "a c#&% and a leech" a bit harsh I thought at the time - now im on the same tack.
PS we finally got a figure of them - $50 per head is their rate - they want to charge us on a membership list of 150! we only have 40 people who sail!!they refuse to negotiate - like I implied - bunch of arseholes.
Go to Top of Page

tallships
Main Sheet Hand

132 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2016 :  4:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting to hear. I have long held similar views of YA, YNSW & GSC. I let my instructor status lapse because of the constant changes and huge increase in fees to keep my currency. I have also had issues with the racing mindset that is wide felt. For this reason I and many other Endeavour owners do not want a bar of YA clubs or even the Endeavour Asn.

So what is the future of the Asn? New owners are not encouraged to join because of the racing mentality & costs involved. So what's next? Are the National Championships still relevant 2016? Is there hope from the executive committee (haven't seen any in the last few years). I would love to reactivate my membership but not under the current circumstances!

Pat Marsh
e26 "Up Spirits"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.08 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06