Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2005 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kev,
Hope that you had a relaxing weekend. Our race on Sunday was a non event, which was just as well for me. The misses recieved news of death in the family & so on Sunday morning took her down to the travel agent & organised an air ticket to Tahiti. She flew out this morning & the four kids are stuck with the old man for the next week.
We start twilighters at Manly YC this coming Friday the 4th Nov.& Rod & I are looking forward to it. We are currently collecting as many crew as possible for the twilighters and will end up with a mixed bunch, including our old brains, Pete trust who is back in Sydney from Hamilton Isl.
I would imagine that we will be at the January Regatta. It would be hard to keep Rod away after he missed out on the October weekend. We should have a full crew of six or more.
The toilet fixed itself, either the hull tap was closed or the lubricant which we put in worked its way into the system. Worked on Hagar Saturday afternoon. We are working our way into the list, but still a lot to do. May have a new mainsail for the Jan. Regatta.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2005 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
I think too much information about the GEL, I think it's better just not to know but you have a LOO, Great.
Well, Are you Coming ?
So the subject is!
I was just thinking it is now early Nov, we have bookings and know what we are all doing so I would think that a response to the Committee and say yes we are coming or NO we are away would be great !.
Who's Coming, do I have to get back early or stay in Jervis Bay and enjoy myself. Graham eat your heart out I love it.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2005 :  1:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
I have just been thinking about knocking off for a holiday over Xmas and thought how the programme works in with Racing/Cruising/Family and all the usaul things.
Just found ONE big snag - 21 st January Clashs with the Navigators Cup. It has now been included into our Short Haul series as Race 8. Starts off the Captain Cook Memorial at Kurnell (in Botany Bay), then to yellow mark 1.5 nm off Bondi then back to Port Hacking. (Macka check your programme re match racing those '26s you are sitting 7th place in the RM series with the Lyons 35')
It would appear at this stage the best the Splinter Crew could do for the January Regatta is in a Social way, maybe motor over after the race and stay the night of Friday & for the Presentation. Will see !!
Sorry Copie.
cheers,

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Sasha
Helmsman

838 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2005 :  2:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Run both races simultaneously. Time it so that you arrive in Boatany bay just as the Nationals race is starting, complete the course as a mild diversion form the other race (which you will be so far ahgead of the pack on, it will hardly matter) then finish the other legs of the main race and come back for the evening.

It seems obvious, really.

Sasha

P.S Still hoping to hire/borrow a local E26 for the Nationals. Maybe I can have a go at sinking that one too.

_
The more I know about horses, the more I love sailboats.

Edited by - Sasha on 03 November 2005 2:21:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2005 :  3:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Sasha, don't know about the so far ahead, we race against Ian Shorts brother Matt with his Farr 40, a Mount Gay 30 so many Adams' that you would think that they were a local boat like the Endeavour, an Inglis 38, Sydney 32 and Cav 350SL Jarkin 10, Minto 43, Dufour 35 and Dubois's and got to throw in the Beneteau,s,and most other gun boats as "Money" is up for the winners. This race will even attact the Volvo '60s from the Harbour. There is a bit of tradition which is BS but we only get one drop each 1/2 season and Tanya one of our Splinterettes is getting married on the 11th March, so we have to take our drop that day.
Splinter will be her chariot that day to take her & Anthony to the reception after the pickies on Cronulla Beach.
cheers

"Splinter"

Edited by - Splinter on 03 November 2005 4:19:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Splinter
Helmsman

Australia
500 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  6:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Splinter's Homepage
Hi guys and gals, lets get something going here "Who is coming"
So lets indicate who is interested in coming up to Lake Macquarie for the June Long Weekend.
So for one "Splinter" will be there. I understand Hagar and several other boatswill be there. So lets get some boat names up and classes it would appear to be a fun weekend and after - lets go cruisen.
I have found the mooring fees are not that bad so we could enjoy a few weeks up with the Lake mod.

"Splinter"
Go to Top of Page

Chris Cope
Skipper

Australia
2350 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2006 :  9:24:31 PM  Show Profile
Yes indeed, the Hagar IV will be there at Lake Macquarie. Have enjoyed many a skiff regatta up on the lake & also look forward to a possible Friday night delivery.
Hope to see a lot more of you all on and off the water. We have not finalised the Hagars movements, but plan to sail up the Friday afternoon & night for the delivery & sail home on the Monday. However it will be subject to the weather as well as changes to plans. We may leave her up there for a few weeks cruising.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc © 2014 Endeavour Yacht Association of Australia inc Go To Top Of Page
This page took 0.08 seconds to load. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06